Hi everyone

Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:20 am
Just Joined

heidi_taylor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone,

I have just signed up for this website, and have been reading over everyones forum postings to get familiar with the site

I was just wondering if anyone was going to the Opportunities New Zealand Expo this coming weekend (in Manchester i think) - or if anyone went to the London one in the weekend just been?

I am keen to move to New Zealand, but my main concern is about getting a job - I just wanted to know if the expo was worthwhile attending?

Thanks!

Heidi
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:29 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Hi everyone

Hello Heidi,

Of course, an employment offer will help your cause in immigrating here to New Zealand. What sort of work do you have qualifications for and what work experience do you have?

Good luck.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heidi_taylor
Hi everyone,

I have just signed up for this website, and have been reading over everyones forum postings to get familiar with the site

I was just wondering if anyone was going to the Opportunities New Zealand Expo this coming weekend (in Manchester i think) - or if anyone went to the London one in the weekend just been?

I am keen to move to New Zealand, but my main concern is about getting a job - I just wanted to know if the expo was worthwhile attending?

Thanks!

Heidi

Hi Heidi, i went to two shows before emigrating this year, and there is a wealth of information you can get from them. I think Brightie form this site went to London this weekend, PM him, he won't mind...

Simon
Old Oct 15th 2007, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by heidi_taylor
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Heidi
Hi Heidi

I went to the London expo. If you work in health it is well worth your while attending - there were several health boards/companies recruiting. Other jobs were less well represented.

Good luck
Alison
Old Oct 15th 2007, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

brightie will become famous soon enoughbrightie will become famous soon enough

Hi Heidi

Welcome to the site, like Simon mentioned I went to the expo in London this weekend and depending on what job you are looking for there were a couple of stands that are purely recruitment companies who will put you on their database. There was 2 stands for recruiting health care workers IBM and couple of it companies. Then the other stands were like taking pets, removals, banks, teaching but the main stand was Immigration. We attended the seminar which was well worth the £5 it was great to actually hear from immigration about the visas eoi and ita. It made more sense listening than just reading from the screen. It was worth the money and even though my job path was not represented I found it very worthwhile and informative. I would highly recommend.
Any question please feel free to contact me.

Brightie