Hi Everyone

Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hi Everyone

Originally Posted by Roland.H
Thanks for the welcome Simon

Working through everything and starting to get a clearer idea of what is needed. Nice to hear that others have gone through it all and can offer support for newcomers to the process.

Thanks, Roland
Hi Roland

I am new this forum myself but i would like to say that we have just been accepted for residence yesterday and the whole process has taken us 7 months from start to finish and we completed the process ourselves ( it is a lot cheaper ) just remember to answer every question and use the guide provided if you dont know any answers.

good luck
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:09 am
Just Joined

Kiwibird is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the minefield Actually, it's ok. We considered using an agency too but ended up doing the whole paperwork thing ourselves, online. It's a long process, (don't believe it when it says it will take about three hours - that's just the first page::zzz!). BUT, worth it in the end. You can't really fail because it flashes up in red anything you've missed out, so there's no sending off a big load of paperwork, only for it to come straight back! We did have a couple of extra bits of info to clarify before finally getting there but the whole process from EOI to visas took us about four months. Just make sure you have all your information - proof of qualifications, dates, addresses, etc ready when you start. Good luck!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

Roland.H will become famous soon enoughRoland.H will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PHONEJUNKY
Hi Roland

I am new this forum myself but i would like to say that we have just been accepted for residence yesterday and the whole process has taken us 7 months from start to finish and we completed the process ourselves ( it is a lot cheaper ) just remember to answer every question and use the guide provided if you dont know any answers.

good luck
Thanks Phonejunky

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on being accepted for residence - time for the champagne I guess!!!

Thanks for the time frame - very useful when trying to plan ahead with all the paperwork. To save a few bob I suspect I will do the paperwork myself and I have started going through the guide book highlighting evrything I need to do.

Thanks again!
Roland
Old Sep 21st 2007, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

Roland.H will become famous soon enoughRoland.H will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kiwibird
Welcome to the minefield Actually, it's ok. We considered using an agency too but ended up doing the whole paperwork thing ourselves, online. It's a long process, (don't believe it when it says it will take about three hours - that's just the first page::zzz!). BUT, worth it in the end. You can't really fail because it flashes up in red anything you've missed out, so there's no sending off a big load of paperwork, only for it to come straight back! We did have a couple of extra bits of info to clarify before finally getting there but the whole process from EOI to visas took us about four months. Just make sure you have all your information - proof of qualifications, dates, addresses, etc ready when you start. Good luck!
Thanks Kiwibird

I haven't looked at the on-line process but sounds like it is alot easier to do and quicker turn around from start to finish.

I have started getting all the paperwork together at the moment and from the various threads I have read so far it does look like that takes the time.

Thanks for the best wishes.
Roland
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 4:11 pm
s3r3

s3r3 will become famous soon enoughs3r3 will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone, just signed up after spending a good few hours checking out the threads. Looks a great site!

Just starting the process to get to NZ and just when you think you have got an idea what needs doing, more springs out at you! At the moment just checking out what chances I have to get a job out there and trying various internet searches.

Has anyone gone through the Taylor & Associates route (Part of The Emmigration Group in the UK)? Just wondering what experiences people have had with them ?

Thanks
Roland
hi Roland
Me & hubby have saved ourselves quite a bit of cash - we were quoted ridiculous amounts too by various companies. Anyway we have done it ourselves EOI is not too difficult & we are about to submit our application. As long as you have all the relevant documentation its not too bad!!! Good luck!!
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

handi will become famous soon enoughhandi will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone, just signed up after spending a good few hours checking out the threads. Looks a great site!

Just starting the process to get to NZ and just when you think you have got an idea what needs doing, more springs out at you! At the moment just checking out what chances I have to get a job out there and trying various internet searches.

Has anyone gone through the Taylor & Associates route (Part of The Emmigration Group in the UK)? Just wondering what experiences people have had with them ?

Thanks
Roland
Hi Roland,

A friend of mine is currently going through the process of emigrating to Australia and he used an agency to 'manage' the application.

I asked him if he thought it was value for money, and in hindsight they didn't really help with the paperwork (other than provide a long list of things to do) which he could have got from asking the good folks on a forum like this. They did do a pre-check of his visa application, just to look for obvious errors and suggested some minor re-wording, but it seemed like a small amount of effort for an expensive price tag.
He advice to me was to look into it first and if I thought it was going to be to difficult manage, then get them onboard - but give the forms a go first.

Good luck.
Ian.