Hi Everyone

Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:00 pm
Account Closed

Roland.H will become famous soon enoughRoland.H will become famous soon enough
Default Hi Everyone

Hi everyone, just signed up after spending a good few hours checking out the threads. Looks a great site!

Just starting the process to get to NZ and just when you think you have got an idea what needs doing, more springs out at you! At the moment just checking out what chances I have to get a job out there and trying various internet searches.

Has anyone gone through the Taylor & Associates route (Part of The Emmigration Group in the UK)? Just wondering what experiences people have had with them ?

Thanks
Roland
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:01 pm
life finally begins in NZ

sarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the roughsarahlou2411 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hi Everyone

Originally Posted by Roland.H
Hi everyone, just signed up after spending a good few hours checking out the threads. Looks a great site!

Just starting the process to get to NZ and just when you think you have got an idea what needs doing, more springs out at you! At the moment just checking out what chances I have to get a job out there and trying various internet searches.

Has anyone gone through the Taylor & Associates route (Part of The Emmigration Group in the UK)? Just wondering what experiences people have had with them ?

Thanks
Roland
welcome to the site, good luck with the job hunting. My OH did all our immigration stuff so cant help with your question, but I am sure someone on here will.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 8:07 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Hi Roland,

Unless you have a very curly squirrelly case I'd avoid paying out the big money that emigration agencies charge. The process isn't overly complicated. The key to it all is to be methodical and determined and if you have all the required documents you will be sweet. If you get stuck and find something confusing, give a shout here and someone here probably can sort you out.

Save your money and buy me a beer when you get here.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sarahlou2411
welcome to the site, good luck with the job hunting. My OH did all our immigration stuff so cant help with your question, but I am sure someone on here will.
Thanks sarahlou2411 for the welcome and good luck wishes.

From what I have seen of the threads I am sure someone can help! I will see what comes back.

Thanks again.
Roland
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by happynz
Hi Roland,

Unless you have a very curly squirrelly case I'd avoid paying out the big money that emigration agencies charge. The process isn't overly complicated. The key to it all is to be methodical and determined and if you have all the required documents you will be sweet. If you get stuck and find something confusing, give a shout here and someone here probably can sort you out.

Thanks happynz for getting in touch

I did notice that the costs quoted were high but I wasn't sure if people found it was worth it. I have had a look at the EOI form and to me it does not seem too complicated but you never know whether your missing something?

Thanks for the suggestion about getting further help from members. Based on what I have read so far every topic is covered, so someone is likely to have read about it, gone through it or knows someone that has gone through it.

If I get through the process - I'd love to buy you a beer to celebrate my new life in NZ.

Thanks for your help.
Roland
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:07 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
Hi Roland,

Hiya HappyNZ

You're gonna need rehab hun for the amount of booze you're down to consume in the next 6 months Unless you want to share it around
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:12 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Old Sep 14th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & welcome to the forum, I did all our emmigration stuff myself. It's the gathering of all info which is time consuming & you'd still have to do that with an agent - save your cash.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boopy
Hi & welcome to the forum, I did all our emmigration stuff myself. It's the gathering of all info which is time consuming & you'd still have to do that with an agent - save your cash.
Thanks Boopy for the welcome.

Beginning to think it is best to do it myself as well! Looking again at the NZ Immigration site and seeing what is needed on the EOI form it doesn't look too complicated. As you say I still need to get the information together anyway for an agent.

I will start pulling together all the bits and pieces, any advice would be welcome especially as you have already gone through the process.

Thanks again
Roland
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:50 am
Just Joined

suze375 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would agree with all the others...save your cash! We did all the paperwork ourselves and yes, it is time consuming and you need to pay attention to details but it's not as complicated as it seems to be when you first start looking at it!

Good luck...we've been here just over a week and so far so good!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland.H
Thanks Boopy for the welcome.

Beginning to think it is best to do it myself as well! Looking again at the NZ Immigration site and seeing what is needed on the EOI form it doesn't look too complicated. As you say I still need to get the information together anyway for an agent.

I will start pulling together all the bits and pieces, any advice would be welcome especially as you have already gone through the process.

Thanks again
Roland
Hi and welcome to the site, every question you'll think of will have been posted here or someone will know the answer for you. Once you've spent a wet sunday afternoon (3 hrs) filling in your EOI you'll soon get a good feel for what is required. It's not as complicated as you fear, just time consuming mostly. Well that's my experience... anyway welcome...

Simon
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by suze375
I would agree with all the others...save your cash! We did all the paperwork ourselves and yes, it is time consuming and you need to pay attention to details but it's not as complicated as it seems to be when you first start looking at it!

Good luck...we've been here just over a week and so far so good!
Thanks Suze375

Nice to hear reassuring replies that it is possible to complete the EOI form on your own. Started trawling through everything and starting to get the impression that there is light at the end of the tunnel and just need to plough through it all. If I am not sure of anything I will post a thread and would welcome any advice.

Thanks again
Roland
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Hi and welcome to the site, every question you'll think of will have been posted here or someone will know the answer for you. Once you've spent a wet sunday afternoon (3 hrs) filling in your EOI you'll soon get a good feel for what is required. It's not as complicated as you fear, just time consuming mostly. Well that's my experience... anyway welcome...

Simon
Thanks for the welcome Simon

Working through everything and starting to get a clearer idea of what is needed. Nice to hear that others have gone through it all and can offer support for newcomers to the process.

Thanks, Roland
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Roland,
Welcome to the forum,plenty of answers to any questions you may have,someone always here to help

Helen
x
Old Sep 20th 2007, 4:31 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Roland

if you look in the NZ Wiki at the top of the page, under immigration, there is some comprehensive information there for you on the whole process. Other than that, you can come and drink from the fountain that is British Expats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.