hi everyone

Old Apr 10th 2006, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of
Default hi everyone

have been reading this site for a couple of weeks now and have found it very useful. my family and myself are coming over to NZ in august . we were lucky enough to be granted pr without a job offer and it came through very quickly, applied jan 05 and was granted pr in april 05 hopefully the house will be sold before august and we are going to settle in wellington. if anyone is a nurse whose reading this could you advise me on nursing agencies as i dont want to commit to a hospital until the kids go back to school in feb. we have been over to NZ 2ce and want to live in karori, have visited both karori normal school and wellington collage, both schools were very helpful and friendly. fortunately both of our girls cannot wait to live in NZ.

my husband is a carpenter and would like to job around, he has always been self employed, is it easy to get work in wellington for him?

thanks to Paul Goddard who suggested this website in his book.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi everyone

Hello
If you do not wish to committ to a permanant hospital contract, why not apply to the nurse bank/casual pool at the hospital you would like eventually work at. It would give you a great insight into the NZ way of nursing and be a great step in the door to the job you really might want.

Not sure how much agency work is available for nurses {as we know it in the U***.

Any other nursing related questions, just send a private message.
Cheers
Gill
Old Apr 10th 2006, 10:12 am
Just Joined

geordiekiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brackley
my husband is a carpenter and would like to job around, he has always been self employed, is it easy to get work in wellington for him?
This wont be much help, but I'd thought I'd say anyway that my Dad is self employed (as a painter and decorator) and always has a large backlog of work (he's just outside wellington, in Kapiti, but works all over the region). I'm sure its just like anywhere, where most (all, in my dads case) of the work comes from word of mouth after a strong rep has been built up. He also knows alot of people in those kind of jobs and by the sounds of it they're also never short of work.

Best of luck for you're move, sounds like you've researched it well, good luck arriving in August though - hope you've experienced the winds before!
Old Apr 10th 2006, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

thanks to both of you for the replys very reassuring for my husband as well. he has already got a shed to build for my nephew on arrival. interesting about the painting decorating as he does that as well.

good idea about the bank, will join the wellington hospital one as last year i had a tour of the hospital by the nurse educator.

thanks once again.

brackley
Old Apr 11th 2006, 3:01 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks to both of you for the replys very reassuring for my husband as well. he has already got a shed to build for my nephew on arrival. interesting about the painting decorating as he does that as well.

good idea about the bank, will join the wellington hospital one as last year i had a tour of the hospital by the nurse educator.

thanks once again.

brackley
Hi and welcome to the forum.
We're north of Welly and just about to have a house built. Our builder is crying out for more tradespeople - chippies, sparkies etc.
No shortage of work if you have the skills.
Where in the Welly region do you plan to settle?
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

hi biddy, we hope to settle in karori, we looked at karori normal school for our young one and she is desperate to start there apparently it has a 10 / 10 rating. our eldest will be starting year 12 at wellington girls college. both have an excellent reputation. good luck with the house build will keep in touch. got yet another viewing on the house today so fingers crossed they will want to buy it.!!!!!!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 8:19 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

hi biddy, we hope to settle in karori, we looked at karori normal school for our young one and she is desperate to start there apparently it has a 10 / 10 rating. our eldest will be starting year 12 at wellington girls college. both have an excellent reputation. good luck with the house build will keep in touch. got yet another viewing on the house today so fingers crossed they will want to buy it.!!!!!!
Fingers and toes crossed for you.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

have been reading this site for a couple of weeks now and have found it very useful. my family and myself are coming over to NZ in august . we were lucky enough to be granted pr without a job offer and it came through very quickly, applied jan 05 and was granted pr in april 05 hopefully the house will be sold before august and we are going to settle in wellington. if anyone is a nurse whose reading this could you advise me on nursing agencies as i dont want to commit to a hospital until the kids go back to school in feb. we have been over to NZ 2ce and want to live in karori, have visited both karori normal school and wellington collage, both schools were very helpful and friendly. fortunately both of our girls cannot wait to live in NZ.

thanks to Paul Goddard who suggested this website in his book.

Hi there
I am also a Nurse with ITA without job offer. Sent this off 2 weeks ago so we hope to arrive in NZ late this year. We did noy get to the Wellington area on our trip in Feb and currently our thoughts are with Tauranga. A thought for you may be to look at joining the hospital nurse bank for casual work. I understand that if you register with an agency they have exclusive rights on your employment which means you would not be able to contact the DHB yourself if you see something you like the look of, I visited North Shore (Auckland DHB) and they gave me info regarding bank/ casual work which seemed fair enough. Good luck to you and I hope you find what you want. My daughter will transfer into year 10 in NZ so we are also looking for decent schooling. Take care and all the best
Dawn
Old Apr 12th 2006, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Yes We've Done It The House Is Sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 12th 2006, 10:13 am
Give us a kiss

Nice!!!!!
Old Apr 12th 2006, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Well done!!!
You must be over the moon, let me know how the job hunting goes, we really wish we had got to the Kapiti Coast, biddys life sounds great there!
Celebrate the sale!!!!