He's gone!

Old Sep 14th 2009, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

blackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to all
Default Re: He's gone!

Originally Posted by dmiles
Hi Dawn,

Thanks for your replies. Lots going on isn't there? And looking at the EOI/PR situation albeit more work to do, makes us even more determined to follow it through.
Keep me informed of your developments and I wish you all the luck....

What is your line of work? I work for a Laundry Monorail Manufacture Company, Admin/Receptionist supporting the Installation Manager.

Donna x
Hi,

I'm a teaching assistant, they have them in NZ called taechers aides but not too sure how frequently used they are. To be honest if I get there I will do anything.

Dawn X
Old Sep 21st 2009, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

blackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to all

Hi,

He's been there 11 days now.....still no job! But we have noticed that people are a lot more interested now he his in the country. Got a few things lined up for next week.

Today he has attended a course to gain a Liquor Controll Qualification, he needs this to get his General Manager License, to run a bar. He's got his medical this week. At least it's all another step closer.

He staying in a place called Marton, nr to Palmerston North. He has described it as interesting Don't think we will move there.

Single life is not as exciting as its made out to be!

Fingers crossed.

Dawn x
Old Sep 21st 2009, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blackburn lass
Hi,

He's been there 11 days now.....still no job! But we have noticed that people are a lot more interested now he his in the country. Got a few things lined up for next week.

Today he has attended a course to gain a Liquor Controll Qualification, he needs this to get his General Manager License, to run a bar. He's got his medical this week. At least it's all another step closer.

He staying in a place called Marton, nr to Palmerston North. He has described it as interesting Don't think we will move there.

Single life is not as exciting as its made out to be!

Fingers crossed.

Dawn x
Oh baby my heart goes out to you.

At least when my OH went, by now he was nearly back. I'm glad he's keeping himself busy. I hope you are to. Theres nothing worse than sitting there being bored and dwelling on the fact that you are on your own.

You have to keep your eye on the prize and stay strong for each other. It should all be worth it in the end. This sacrifice will pale to insignificance when you have been there a while x

Stay strong and be good
Old Sep 21st 2009, 11:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

something comes up real soon then.
Spring is here and so the start of the 'season' can't be that far away even in recession.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

He had an interview on sat. it went well, the person leaving the job doesn't go for a few of weeks which is good for him as it gives time for work permits. The guy asked for references and stuff so really positive

The job is in Palmerston North, not exactly where we wanted to be but right now I will go anywhere. OH says its quite a nice town, there are shops and thats all that matters

So we should have some good news soon.

Dawn X
Old Sep 26th 2009, 6:00 pm
watch this space.......!!

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about

OH set off to NZ on Tuesday going to job hunt. He has a few contacts in Auckland but a main contact who return from hols on Fri so fingers crossed for that. We've decided to give it 3 months if nothing found he will come home and that will be the end of it. Luckily he's on the skill short list so should speed up the work permit application, if we get that for.

Been really strange not having him here, and this is the first saturday without him......I'm a bit lost. He has called me a couple of times. It will all be worth it when the rest of us are on the plane (me, child and dog).

Has anyone else got there this way? Did it work?

Dawn X
Hello Dawn,

I have a feeling that my OH will too be flying off to NZ for job interviews next year and I will miss him enormously. He too is on the skills short list so
We are hardly ever apart for very long, quite close, (odd as that may seem) but this will be a means to an end so it has to be done. I have read many times that this way really helps to find work so I wish your OH all the very best of luck.

Gags XX
Old Sep 26th 2009, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

He had an interview on sat. it went well, the person leaving the job doesn't go for a few of weeks which is good for him as it gives time for work permits. The guy asked for references and stuff so really positive

The job is in Palmerston North, not exactly where we wanted to be but right now I will go anywhere. OH says its quite a nice town, there are shops and thats all that matters

So we should have some good news soon.

Dawn X
Hi Dawn,

Really hope your other half gets his job! It must be so tough being over here and not being able to be part of something so important, but I guess you'll be over there soon enough. So far we've been having phone interviews which means one of us has to be over there, although it's a nightmare being interviewed when you're really knackered!