Here we go

Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:42 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Here we go

I posted this in the general intro but it seems most appropriate here...

My partner and I are on the way to NZ. September-ish.

We've both previously lived in Germany and I have also lived in Los Angeles.

Currently we live in Manchester UK. Which is cool. Cool and damp.

We don't really know where we are going to live yet, though the places we like in NZ currently outnumber the places we don't. I love Mr Bun.

We are worried about getting employment, finding a non leaking house, and eking out our money reserves till we are settled. Other than that we are pretty excited.

Hilary says hi.

WP
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

DavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to all
Default Re: Here we go

Hi to you and welcome

hope to be not far behind you!

Yes totally agree worried about job, house but also very excited too

have you started sorting yet? its amazing how much stuff you accumulate, and we have moved around like you.

Dave and Helen
Old Apr 11th 2010, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Honeybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really nice

Originally Posted by WhingingPom

We don't really know where we are going to live yet, though the places we like in NZ currently outnumber the places we don't. I love Mr Bun.

We are worried about getting employment, finding a non leaking house, and eking out our money reserves till we are settled. Other than that we are pretty excited.

Hilary says hi.

WP
Hi you two, welcome to BE hope you enjoy the chatter on this site!
Good look with your plans to move South!
Also from Manchester UK (family are still there) Well settled here with no regrets.
September will be here before you know it! First month of Spring, Oh yeh!!
Can be a bit chilly at that time of year so be sure to pack something warm.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:18 am
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Started sorting? Hmmm well yes and no. We've started making lists of things.

Before that we didn't think we had much to take. Now I'm not so sure. Our possessions seem to be expanding before our eyes.

Simple things I forgot like the content of the garage, shed and loft

And before you start listing things, it's easy to say "oh we won't take the ornaments and stuff". Doesn't seem so obvious when you are faced with the choice of selling or disposing of them though!

and as for the OH and her clothes and shoes...

WP
Old Apr 13th 2010, 9:16 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Started sorting? Hmmm well yes and no. We've started making lists of things.

Before that we didn't think we had much to take. Now I'm not so sure. Our possessions seem to be expanding before our eyes.

Simple things I forgot like the content of the garage, shed and loft

And before you start listing things, it's easy to say "oh we won't take the ornaments and stuff". Doesn't seem so obvious when you are faced with the choice of selling or disposing of them though!

and as for the OH and her clothes and shoes...
WP
Yes understand just how you feel I had this all to do on my own as my other half had already left for NZ to start work. I had no fun doing the loft as we had batsplus the shed was a total nightmare still after all the cleaning of the bikes, tools even down to repainting the spade was worth all the time put in plus I lost quite a few ponds. So that was so good as I set of to York to do lots of shopping. with my girlfriends after all when would I ever do this again.............
I have to say you think you have done all the hard work but its now you start running round like a headless chicken good luck
Old Apr 13th 2010, 12:13 pm
Near the outer fringe

You sorted the stuff out... and then went shopping!!

Right I'm consficating all the cards right now!

TTFN
Old Apr 13th 2010, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

Hilary says hi.

WP
hi guys, we're in Manchester too.. but not for too much longer.
we were supposed to head out leisurely, in September... going for an almost double-summer! but now Matt landed a job, things are speeding along, just in time for us to experience another winter when we land on 2nd of June!

we're taking all our GOOD stuff in a 20ft container! the quality of furniture and goods over there are below par unless you're prepared to pay way over the dividends! so all our John Lewis furnture and anything new and in good working order is coming with us!

ive managed to get rid of 75% of clothes/shoes etc...(charity shops have done well out of us lol).. but now have the urge to buy some new togs before we go...( i think this will save money in the long run )

jax
Old Apr 13th 2010, 7:50 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MattandJax

ive managed to get rid of 75% of clothes/shoes etc...(charity shops have done well out of us lol).. but now have the urge to buy some new togs before we go...( i think this will save money in the long run )

jax
Girl after my own heart Dont forget the lack of choice in NZ

Dewb
Old Apr 13th 2010, 7:51 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hilary says hi.

WP
Hi & welcome to you both. Also worried about the same things but really excited too

Dewb
Old Apr 14th 2010, 1:24 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

You sorted the stuff out... and then went shopping!!

Right I'm consficating all the cards right now!

TTFN
Ssssssssssssssh dont spoil it for us girls.....