Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Here is my subjective view on NZ V UK

Wikiposts

Here is my subjective view on NZ V UK

Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here is my subjective view on NZ V UK

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Glad nobody has mentioned the Right Hand Turn Rule yet....
right hand turn rule. Don't ask - I can't begin to explain how sh'te it is.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:44 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

roll up, roll up, its now tag-team whinging-Pomm bashing.........

/breaks out a tray of special sausages on a stick and secretly cheers on the Pomm in the red corner/

for gawd's sake let the poor sod vent a bit...............

otherwise he will complain about Kiwis being overly defensive over their country's reputation and standing in the world...........

regarding right turns on NZ roads:

moving over to the left to allow following traffic to pass before you turn right off a country road - if people did it more often then that would be a good rule........but as most other drivers need to do a double take before realising what is happening then this may cause accidents.....??

randomly allowing vehicles from side-roads to have priority over those turning into the side-road (if its not marked as Give Way) is a very, very bad rule.......worst part of the rather silly right/left turn rule - IMHO of course

BTW good on the OP - its good to vent and to stand up to the partisans on this forum - well done and besta luck in Wales
Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

Originally Posted by sr71
More nonsense.

Australia and the UK are two completely separate nations, with separate legal systems. All bankruptcies, debts etc are established under English law and are totally irrelevant (and legally unenforceable) in other countries (apart from the EU)

The fact he got credit was solely down to the fact he has no adverse credit in Australia.
Look mate stop this attitude. No need to say "more nonsense". I dont care about your opinion if your accusing me of lying, so hijak someone elses thread! All you had to say was make a constructive view point to say I think this is what you mean. You come across arrogant.

There are 3 credit companies. Dont they operate worldwide?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jay-Producer
Look mate stop this attitude. No need to say "more nonsense". I dont care about your opinion if your accusing me of lying, so hijak someone elses thread! All you had to say was make a constructive view point to say I think this is what you mean. You come across arrogant.

There are 3 credit companies. Dont they operate worldwide?
I'm not accusing you of lying, I am merely informing you that you are wrong. And your credibility as a widely travelled world citizen is somewhat in question from some of your naive comments. Not just about NZ, but the UK too.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

I find this a rather puzzling thread. One the one hand, it is supposed to be your 'impressions' and personal observations. On the other hand, you go into great detail with figures and too many examples. Is it a genuine thread of your own?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

Originally Posted by sr71
I'm not accusing you of lying, I am merely informing you that you are wrong. And your credibility as a widely travelled world citizen is somewhat in question from some of your naive comments. Not just about NZ, but the UK too.
Thats not abouit being naive thats a subjective view on things. There is a huge difference in the meanings of each word.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whitesand
I find this a rather puzzling thread. One the one hand, it is supposed to be your 'impressions' and personal observations. On the other hand, you go into great detail with figures and too many examples. Is it a genuine thread of your own?

Most is subjective. Where people have put blaim or come out with your talking crap attitude I give examples or provide evidence to back up my views. Some where objective to back my views up but it is mostly subjective as the heading suggests. Its not a thread of my own because people join in a debate. But when things become a personal attack that becomes out of order and means I have to justify things when I shouldn't because its my opinion.

If people disagree they should respect the forum rules and give their own views in a nice manner. The OP is my opinion with some objective points and some input from other people, but mostly my work and my opinion on things. Some people may agree or disagree. Its all good if people actualy be nice about things and give constructive views on their opinion.

Last edited by Jay-Producer; Apr 30th 2009 at 1:59 am.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Im not perfect and I dont know everything about NZ. My views may completely differ from one another. I may say things that might not be entirely correct or I may have not explained it properly. But please can every be nice and respect the forum rules that are set out. Treat me how you would like to be treated.

Some of your comments have been out of order and uneccessary. You should present your vviews in a nice manner. If you disagree, then that is good because we all have our own views on things. But don't accuse peopel of lying or talking crap its not nice and its a personal attack.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

I suggest anyone who wants to make another personal attack on me reads this first:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=573008
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

ok...let's go back to the original subject.......

I got a message from my mate in England. .cos I said I want to go back to the UK........

so

the subject was NZ vs UK..........

this might help you guys........? (I know it's same old same old..........)

I think you'll find that wherever you go, there will be a new set of problems and issues to deal with. Here in the UK, the average wage is about 1/10th of what a house costs to buy, petrol is nearly £5 per gallon (or £1 a liter +), which equates to $3 NZ per liter, or thereabouts.

As you can see, it's the cost of living that makes the UK difficult to live in. However, it does have a large population, which makes for a large choice in everything (food, clothing etc, all at reasonable prices). Outdoor lifestyles are more difficult to have here as the thriving cities where we need to work are all inland, unlike the Wellington, Tauranga, Aucklands of the world where you can head to the beach after work. Our beaches are also not the clean, empty paradises that exist in NZ. Personally, I wish I could have stayed in NZ, even though my skills are more in demand here in the UK. One day I hope to leave and head elsewhere. Wellington was at least clean and picturesque...you'd need to be a millionaire to attain that here in a city setting....

Trust me, you may be unhappy in work, but I think a lot of people are, and you'll just exchange one set of problems for another. However if you have NZ citizenship, then you could always work here to build a reserve of money, then convert it to return home one day, where it will be worth a good deal, due to our strong currency.

There's whinging Brits too....most of them !!! The weather sees to that, not to mention the high cost of living and heavy taxes.

If you have a good standard of living, a stable job, good healthcare, friends and family nearby...then things are not so bad, but I totally understand your itchy feet...I get the same way...ever wanting to wander the world to see what opportunities lie ahead. Go for it ... if you can always go back.

all the best in your decision,

---

I like his advice - he seems very sane and sensible.

Last edited by crap coffee; Apr 30th 2009 at 2:54 am.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Crap Cofee,

Some worthy points. I have to say my standard of living was far better in the UK than OZ or NZ. Reason being is that in Auckland especially it is so expensive. Auckland is the 78th expensive city in the world to live (http://www.citymayors.com/features/cost_survey.html). So I suppose it depends on different factors. I can't see a good life style here in NZ for me. It just doesnt cut it enough for me personaly.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:56 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I'm closing this thread due to the amount of reported posts.