Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Here is my subjective view on NZ V UK

Wikiposts

Here is my subjective view on NZ V UK

Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here is my subjective view on NZ V UK

Originally Posted by love30stm
I miss Ant and Dec...ok trying to lighten the thread ....
Me too
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

Originally Posted by love30stm
So why emigrate in the first place????

at least your in Auckland and you can get to see gigs, thats what I do miss
Spur of the moment. We were in Australia and traveling around to see if there was anywhere other than Edinburgh we liked and wanted to settle down.
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jay-Producer
I made a small comparison. I did not say anything about how fast the health systems were. Yes you get to see doctors ect. much faster in NZ but you have to pay for a lot of things. You take the pros with the cons. I clearly stated this is my opinion. You can either agree or disagree that's fine. We all have differences so i'm sure you will see things differently than me.

I never went to Wellington because we never had time. That's all. Ive heard great things about it though and I would have loved to also see Dunedin. Shame I cant.
In my current ACC funded medical treatment I have had to pay (a reduced price) for some xrays and thats been in, I've even had an MRI and seen a few consultants and a lot of physio and never paid for any of it as its all covered by ACC (and by the ACC levy in my salary and everything else I buy!), so my experiences are all good so far.

Always thankful I had BUPA cover through work in the UK as relying on the NHS is not a good experience.
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Spur of the moment. We were in Australia and traveling around to see if there was anywhere other than Edinburgh we liked and wanted to settle down.
Well as an Edinburger, if you like Edinburgh you should like Wellington
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

Originally Posted by this charming man
do you have a position where its imperative to be able to spell correctly?
Hope youre not a teacher?
I taught Music. Haha. So no good grammer needed their. Anyway this isn't a spelling forum.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:08 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Me too
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well I tell you the reason we chose Auckland instead of Wellington. Wellington was small so we figured if we need to find work very fast Auckland would be the better choiCe as its far bigger. Plus I hate the wind of Edinburgh and Wellington is windy also.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:10 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Jay-Producer
I liked your post. Well analysed and presented. You made it clear it was your 'subjective' viewpoint, not applying to anybody else - so no need to apologise to anyone who disagrees with you. And that includes me.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

In my current ACC funded medical treatment I have had to pay (a reduced price) for some xrays and thats been in, I've even had an MRI and seen a few consultants and a lot of physio and never paid for any of it as its all covered by ACC (and by the ACC levy in my salary and everything else I buy!), so my experiences are all good so far.

Always thankful I had BUPA cover through work in the UK as relying on the NHS is not a good experience.
I agree the NHS is pathetic even though its free. The waiting list is way too long for things. Bupa is great though.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well I tell you the reason we chose Auckland instead of Wellington. Wellington was small so we figured if we need to find work very fast Auckland would be the better choiCe as its far bigger. Plus I hate the wind of Edinburgh and Wellington is windy also.
Aye but you don't notice it after a while!!!

Remember what they say about Auckland, size isn't everything
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:12 pm
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

eye stand corectud,no grammer reguired in moosic.
im orf too wurk. byee
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by southerner
Jay-Producer
I liked your post. Well analysed and presented. You made it clear it was your 'subjective' viewpoint, not applying to anybody else - so no need to apologise to anyone who disagrees with you. And that includes me.
Hehe. Thank you for that lovely comment. I'm glad some one seen it as my subjective view.
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by southerner
Jay-Producer
Even though he is being a bit picky in places
Old Apr 29th 2009, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Aye but you don't notice it after a while!!!

Remember what they say about Auckland, size isn't everything
No, but girth is

I can't believe I just said that. Sorry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.