Helpfull??

Old Apr 17th 2010, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of
Default Re: Helpfull??

Without sounding negative ...

Hope you have a happy and fulfilling life love30stm and that you will be very happy in what ever you do.

As for Mr Genesis DON'T you go anywhere I read you post re the money situation with itense eyes. I never take them as gospel and I will chose to do what I do in my own formed opinions but I respect your opinions I may not always agree with them but hey ho!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion it is never going to be a completely happy place, life would be very dull if everyone liked everyone and we all got on there would be no war and where would be the fun in that (joking)
Old Apr 17th 2010, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobDon
Ditto the above!
Thank you all for your support and PMs on this subject. I sooooooooooo wished I had found this forum before I came to NZ.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newfies
Without sounding negative ...

Hope you have a happy and fulfilling life love30stm and that you will be very happy in what ever you do.

As for Mr Genesis DON'T you go anywhere I read you post re the money situation with itense eyes. I never take them as gospel and I will chose to do what I do in my own formed opinions but I respect your opinions I may not always agree with them but hey ho!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion it is never going to be a completely happy place, life would be very dull if everyone liked everyone and we all got on there would be no war and where would be the fun in that (joking)
Thank the Lord you do your own thing moneywise. Anyone who ever took any fiscal advice from me would have to be nuts.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 12:22 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

What on earth is going on here? You lot are all mental IMVHO.
Rather like my good self.

No-one need go anywhere unless it's up a greasy pole for no good reason.

Each and all of you bring something to BE. No-one poster brings more into it than any other one person. It isn't just about info and help. It's about support , the odd intelligent debate and hopefully some fun along the way.

It's a community, not a popularity parade . We got Polls for popularity and stuff like that. I know. I won one.

You can't all like each other and each other's posts all of the time. That's cyber life.

Reminder:-
If you can't get along with another poster , hit the ignore button.
If you feel a poster is behaving badly towards you or someone else then tell a mod & the mod will bugger off out for the day.
If you want to bicker at each other coz you get on each others wick & simply can't take a step back or accept you and the other poster will never get along or you will not move on , then take it to PM.
If you want to find out what it's really like to be on the receiving end of stick & told yer rubbish, then be a mod.

So, do I find this thread helpful in any way? Nope. Reminds me of that old song by Peggy Lee which used to be sung in our school playground. 'I don't want to play in your yard'

You are all lovely NZ BE people to me coz you all bring something of yourselves to this little NZ forum & that includes both you Love30stm and you Genesis .
Old Apr 18th 2010, 3:33 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
What on earth is going on here? You lot are all mental IMVHO.
Rather like my good self.

No-one need go anywhere unless it's up a greasy pole for no good reason.

Each and all of you bring something to BE. No-one poster brings more into it than any other one person. It isn't just about info and help. It's about support , the odd intelligent debate and hopefully some fun along the way.

It's a community, not a popularity parade . We got Polls for popularity and stuff like that. I know. I won one.

You can't all like each other and each other's posts all of the time. That's cyber life.

Reminder:-
If you can't get along with another poster , hit the ignore button.
If you feel a poster is behaving badly towards you or someone else then tell a mod & the mod will bugger off out for the day.
If you want to bicker at each other coz you get on each others wick & simply can't take a step back or accept you and the other poster will never get along or you will not move on , then take it to PM.
If you want to find out what it's really like to be on the receiving end of stick & told yer rubbish, then be a mod.

So, do I find this thread helpful in any way? Nope. Reminds me of that old song by Peggy Lee which used to be sung in our school playground. 'I don't want to play in your yard'

You are all lovely NZ BE people to me coz you all bring something of yourselves to this little NZ forum & that includes both you Love30stm and you Genesis .
What she said. Especially the bit about telling a mod. Tell BEVS ...

Come on peeps, you're all lovely and helpful and bonkers and funny and kind etc.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

Come on peeps, you're all lovely and helpful and bonkers and funny and kind etc.
I actually don't agree. A few people on here are down right unpleasant sometimes. And I am not the only one who thinks that. I am afraid I cannot go with the stuff about everyone on here is great..some are patently not. You only have to look at a certain person's repost to me when all I did was to big up large where they lived....and I quote 'why don't you stop talking utter crap and get on with your life'. Hmm nice. Not the 1st time I have had vitriol from said poster for no reason. There is absolutely no reason why anyone should do that, why would you berate someone who says your town is great???? So no, I think its best some people do leave the forum as she has suggested she will.

Last edited by Genesis; Apr 18th 2010 at 6:36 am.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 8:14 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

Trying to ignore
Old Apr 18th 2010, 9:35 am
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

One should never step into a thread like this in case you get caught with a misdirected bun. Well that's my experience...

But I love the fact that threads like this can get moved to the The Sheep Dip.

Brilliant! and strangely appropriate.

Top marks to the Mods for good handling of a freedom of speech issue.

WP
Old Apr 18th 2010, 1:28 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I love BEVs post. It was spot on. To add my two pence worth: We can't get on with everyone we meet in life, either online or offline. But online if you really don't like someone or find that they aren't your cup of tea, then just put them on ignore and don't interact with them. That way threads aren't taken off-topic or become personal etc. I've seen many a thread ruined because two people who don't get along start bickering between themselves in the thread, and that then spoils if for anyone else who was trying to discuss a certain issue or topic.

So rather than make little digs at those you don't like, or don't get on with, please for peace and harmony "ignore" them

Thanks, thanks, a thousand times thanks.
Old Apr 18th 2010, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I've met some lovely people off this forum, I've also met some people who aren't my cup of tea. It doesn't mean that there's anything 'wrong' with them, it's just human nature. It is irrational to like everyone we meet & to expect everyone to like us. Hell, sometimes I don't even like myself
Old Apr 18th 2010, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

On a lighter note ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc5Za...os=NSyGAEzbXYU
Old Apr 19th 2010, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Helpful……..yes I think BE has been very helpful in all sorts of areas. I found it very useful whilst back in the UK and still do having lived in NZ for 20 months.

Each and every one of us has our own opinion and we try to be as helpful and honest when answering someone's questions. We all see things different and what works for some may not work for others.

I was on here regular before coming out here and when I first arrived but I got fed up of reading threads from someone who just wanted advice from those of us who could help and for it then to turn into a totally different subject It always ended up being the same old people arguing amongst themselves, which generally meant the MODS had to intervene (who do a great job I have to say).

If you don't agree with someone else's opinion then ignore them or do it privately in a PM, why should the rest of us have to waste our time trying to read a thread full of disagreements and what started out as a simple question :curse:

I honestly believe that if we'd listened to everyone at the time we were asking advice about NZ, we'd never have come out here!!! But we are so glad we did

We both love NZ. Hubby works in the CBD and although his wage here is good for NZ it is less than in the UK, we don't have the disposable income we had in the UK, he works a 40 hour week (which he never did in the UK) and has less annual leave than in the UK…..BUT NZ is where we want to be.

Last but not least, I have met some wonderful friends on here and that has played a big part in us settling in here. Plus I will continue to use BE in the hope that I can help someone or to just ask advice myself.

Here's to BE
Old Apr 19th 2010, 6:14 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

What a lovely post, have some karma. Bugger have to spread it around, sorry.