Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Help! Plumber needs a job

Help! Plumber needs a job

Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Delilah63 is just really niceDelilah63 is just really niceDelilah63 is just really niceDelilah63 is just really niceDelilah63 is just really niceDelilah63 is just really niceDelilah63 is just really niceDelilah63 is just really nice
Default Help! Plumber needs a job

Hi,

This is our first time so be gentle with us! We have been going through the process of our immigration application for a few months now and are at the stage where we are waiting to hear if our ITA has been successful. HOWEVER, from submitting our EOI to now, my OH has been made redundant in New Zealand, without even having started working!! The company who had offered him a job as a gasfitter has had to downsize due to the recession and can no-longer offer him work. WE NEED HELP TO FIND HIM ANOTHER JOB!!! We wondered if anyone reading this might be able to offer some advice on who to contact. We've already done all the usual stuff through job websites (Seek, TradeMe etc) who can't help until we get THERE, but without an offer of work we don't really know where THERE is!! We're not really bothered where in NZ we move to (within reason - don't want to be living in the middle of nowhere) so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Help! Plumber needs a job

Not too sure if this will help much!!! but the company my OH works for has just started up a plumbing side to there business and i know they have been advertising on me i will try and find the link for you...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Jo...htm?key=575594

hope this helps!!!!
The Managers name is Tony Watt and he's a great guy, pretty much like all Kiwis and it's a pretty small company in New Plymouth so still has the personal one on one, that you don't get with the larger firms...

Also i know he's had a lot of Plumbers let him down in resent weeks....
Tell him Andrea recommend you if you like....
Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Help! Plumber needs a job

Originally Posted by Delilah63
Hi,

This is our first time so be gentle with us! We have been going through the process of our immigration application for a few months now and are at the stage where we are waiting to hear if our ITA has been successful. HOWEVER, from submitting our EOI to now, my OH has been made redundant in New Zealand, without even having started working!! The company who had offered him a job as a gasfitter has had to downsize due to the recession and can no-longer offer him work. WE NEED HELP TO FIND HIM ANOTHER JOB!!! We wondered if anyone reading this might be able to offer some advice on who to contact. We've already done all the usual stuff through job websites (Seek, TradeMe etc) who can't help until we get THERE, but without an offer of work we don't really know where THERE is!! We're not really bothered where in NZ we move to (within reason - don't want to be living in the middle of nowhere) so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi had a word with the boss Tony and he was going to look out for your application as he has so many!!! but he'd rather give someone who wants a new life and a better one a shot because they have the determination to succeed. Any way could you let me know if you have given it a shot or your looking elsewhere, and if so your Full name so he can find you in the pile!!! LOL
Andrea x
Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Delilah63 is just really niceDelilah63 is just really niceDelilah63 is just really niceDelilah63 is just really niceDelilah63 is just really niceDelilah63 is just really niceDelilah63 is just really niceDelilah63 is just really nice
Default Re: Help! Plumber needs a job

Hi Andrea,

I did apply for the job via TradeMe. My name is George Fisher and I attached my CV, covering letter and a reference from my former employer, who now has his own business in Queensland, Australia. I also mentioned about having previously been offered a job, but being made redundant - my previous (but never worked for) employer (who I did actually meet when we came out to New Zealand last July) is happy to give him a verbal reference, if that would be helpful. I did not mention your name in my application as I did not want to seem presumptious. If you could give me a direct email address for Tony I can re-send my information to him, letting him know that the recommendation came from you, if you are happy for me to do this.

Your help is much appreciated. We'll keep everything crossed that my application stands out amongst the others!!! Thanks again. George.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Help! Plumber needs a job

Originally Posted by Delilah63
Hi Andrea,

I did apply for the job via TradeMe. My name is George Fisher and I attached my CV, covering letter and a reference from my former employer, who now has his own business in Queensland, Australia. I also mentioned about having previously been offered a job, but being made redundant - my previous (but never worked for) employer (who I did actually meet when we came out to New Zealand last July) is happy to give him a verbal reference, if that would be helpful. I did not mention your name in my application as I did not want to seem presumptious. If you could give me a direct email address for Tony I can re-send my information to him, letting him know that the recommendation came from you, if you are happy for me to do this.

Your help is much appreciated. We'll keep everything crossed that my application stands out amongst the others!!! Thanks again. George.
hi George,

i have just given Tony a ring to tell him your name and he's gonna dig through all the emails he's had(loads) and go from there... Good Luck fingers crossed xx