HELP!!!

Old Feb 6th 2011, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

thorat64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP!!!

Originally Posted by ragdolls2
Hi thorat64 - you will need to register with the nz nursing council and before you do this you need to sit the IELTS test ( english exam). I sat it in 2009 and it cost £105 you will need to find out who runs this locally and book a place because they get booked up very quickly. i know its very annoying to have to sit this but thats the way it is. Before you do sit it do a search on google for free download tests and practice practice practice !!!. If you need any further info pm best of luck
Hi
thanks for that advice, every time I make a plan I find out I have to do something else first ... thank goodness for this site!!!!
I have been looking to book onto an IELTS test but they are all months or miles away but i will definitely book one if its the only way forward, thanks ragdolls2.
Can anyone tell me how they approached their current employer for references for the NZ nursing registration how did you explain etc... I am concerned that my current boss will not look upon my emigration application favourably? Also, who did everyone use for the other 2 referees?
thorat64
Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

clairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really nice

Oh I didn't know I would have to sit the test, do I have to do this before I send in my qual assess online? Is this still true even if you were born in the UK and studied here also?
Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:17 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clairepete
Oh I didn't know I would have to sit the test, do I have to do this before I send in my qual assess online? Is this still true even if you were born in the UK and studied here also?
An IELTS test is needed if you are applying for nursing registration. I don't know whether any other registration bodies require it-mine didn't. Otherwise it is not required for those born and educated in the UK, there is a section on the EOI where you can explain to NZIS why you don't need to provide additional proof as to your English speaking abilities.