Help!

Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:08 am
Banned

Scouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really nice
Default Help!

Getting desperate now! We've pretty much got all we need for Christmas for our 5 year old boy, but we're struggling with our 2-and-a-half year old girl. We just cannot seem to find anything - in desperation, I even traipsed over to Botany today and came back empty handed.

Any suggestions??? We're pretty much at the "money no object" stages now!!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:22 am
Just Joined

wattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help!

Originally Posted by Scouse Dave
Getting desperate now! We've pretty much got all we need for Christmas for our 5 year old boy, but we're struggling with our 2-and-a-half year old girl. We just cannot seem to find anything - in desperation, I even traipsed over to Botany today and came back empty handed.

We got our 2 year old one of those mini trampolines for her birthday - it says 3+ but she loves it, and so does her nearly 1 year old brother! it's the kind that has a handle for them to hold onto and jump. Failing that she loves any of the dogs toys

Hope that helps...
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

I can't believe you are struggling to buy a 2 and a half year old little girl pressies,I always found it much easier to buy my daughter when she was younger than my son....right here we go...

Doll and pram
wendy house
dressing up costumes
little dressing set with seat and mirror
toy kitchen/cups and saucers and toy food
pretend till/shopping basket/play food

I think its much harder to buy boys...my son really misses the Argos bookused to sit with this and a pen for about a month before crimbo,ticking everything...hope this helps...Jacky
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:40 am
Banned

Scouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really nice

Originally Posted by garryhg
I can't believe you are struggling to buy a 2 and a half year old little girl pressies,I always found it much easier to buy my daughter when she was younger than my son....right here we go...

Doll and pram
wendy house
dressing up costumes
little dressing set with seat and mirror
toy kitchen/cups and saucers and toy food
pretend till/shopping basket/play food

I think its much harder to buy boys...my son really misses the Argos bookused to sit with this and a pen for about a month before crimbo,ticking everything...hope this helps...Jacky
Some good suggestions here (although she already has the house, dolls/pram) - any ideas where's best to get this stuff? Sylvia Park is pretty dire and as for Botany.....
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Some good suggestions here (although she already has the house, dolls/pram) - any ideas where's best to get this stuff? Sylvia Park is pretty dire and as for Botany.....
K Mart in Botony did have some dressing up costumes for kids...there is also a cracking little shop in Howick that is really good for little girls...its like a magical fairy shop that has little outfits and lovely stuff for girls...don't know how pricey it is though..its just down from the post office and Jaque E on Picton Street...There is a toy store in Pakuranga Plazza that has educational toys for kids...did you try Farmers?...can't think of any other shops actually...sorry...Jacky
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Early Learning Centre in Newmarket!

It's down a little side street just off the main road, think it's called Broadway, and across from the Plastic Box. It's so small that if you blink you will miss it but it is there, I've been in
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

We just bought our 2 and half year old a kids keyboard player, it comes on a stand and has a mike. we were in dick smiths and she wouldnt get off it so we thought great exmas pressie, think it was 65 dollars and we bought a pack of batteries to infact the girl just gave us them as on the card it said keyboard and batterys and gary questioned her about this... this might not suit her but if she like lucy she will love anything she can sing and dance to..
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I found both my kids easy to buy for this year, even my rising 2 year old girl. We have bought her.....amongst other stuff...

Funky Girl and Groovy Girl rag dolls as she loves them.
Dora the Explorer tea set (on offer right now at Farmers in Botany for 20 bucks)
A huge talking Iggle Piggle

Her 2nd birthday is soon and I got her the In The Night Garden Playdoh set.
Dora the Explorer bath set,
More dolls! lol
A Fisher Price talking phone that speaks and counts in 3 languages....
A Diego walky talky thing....

...and more things I cant remember right now. Theres not much labelled for 2 year olds so I have bought her things with 3+ on them. Obviously some things you have to supervise like the PlayDoh or remove tiny parts yourself. I found her really easy to buy for.

My kids have also got shared pressies coming, a drive thru burger tent for the Playroom and I also got them plastic burger sets, frying pan, plastic food sets (in Kmart at the moment, they are in a handy backpack) and the Tefal Mini Kitchen.... lots of role play stuff.... and everything was bought up at Botany. My son loves Spongebob so I guess Im going to be eating lots of pretend Krabby Patties for a while!

Good luck! Oh, how about a toy cot for any dollies?? Thats something else I would like to buy her but i think for now she has enough stuff coming. Also, I bought some PlayDoh sets for both my kids from Kmart last week... my son having the Pizza Party set and for Hayley the Sweet Creations, they were $12.99 each I think..have put them in their stockings.

BTW... my son has just turned 5 and all he wanted for Christmas was Hot Wheels and more Hot Wheels!!! lol Did you have this problem too??

Last edited by SarahB; Dec 22nd 2008 at 9:56 pm. Reason: Adding more and more ideas! lol
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 8:30 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Early Learning Centre in Newmarket!

It's down a little side street just off the main road, think it's called Broadway, and across from the Plastic Box. It's so small that if you blink you will miss it but it is there, I've been in
yeah its on the end of the Westgate shopping centre 277 Broadway closest to the Lion Brewery (the Khyber Pass end). You can get to i from Morrow St or from Country Road inside 277.
Lots of stuff in there for littleies.....and some Playmobil for them and bigger ones :-)
When I worked in Newmarket is was the place to get small well made toys for tots.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
yeah its on the end of the Westgate shopping centre 277 Broadway closest to the Lion Brewery (the Khyber Pass end). You can get to i from Morrow St or from Country Road inside 277.
Lots of stuff in there for littleies.....and some Playmobil for them and bigger ones :-)
When I worked in Newmarket is was the place to get small well made toys for tots.
There is one in Ti Rakau Drive. Just past the tamaki bridge.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 9:47 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

What about those little inflatable castles you can buy at kmart? Like a wendy house but for the 21st century