Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

How far will this reach?

How far will this reach?

Old Dec 23rd 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default How far will this reach?

The fiscal melt down, utterly everyone is affected..some more than others. Those selling houses just now are taking huge hits on their value. Those exchanging hard earned £s for what ever..taking a bit hit there too. The euro has almost reached parity with the GBP. All those caught up in the NZ finance house debacle have been hit hugely, wiping out billions of hard earned wedge, another HUGE international finance company that sold something as low to medium risk but 9 months on the fund is down by a massive 70% apparently.

They reckon this is JUSt the beginning. 2009 is going to be way worse across the globe as this financial nightmare tightens its grip on the world.

And who's to blame? Well I reckon poor legislation, poor fiscal management driven by greed and the estate agents for hiking prices way too much. But ultimately WE are to blame, my $140NZ is gone because I wanted a bit more than the bank..only a tiny bit and when you have just one part time wage coming in every cent counts. Had I left it in the bank those that managed poorly would not have had the chance to do so. My fault. Should have kept away..oh for hind sight aye?

The directors of all the aforementioned have some blame to but ultimately we all bought the over priced homes and fed the demise of the global economic motor. Just a thought.

Oh, have a happy christmas. Its only money after all, family, friends and good health are what really matter.
Old Dec 24th 2008, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How far will this reach?

Just as long as you're not letting the bastards get you down... have a great christmas and a good new year fella... maybe we'll all win the lottery and not give a damn!!!
Old Dec 24th 2008, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Just as long as you're not letting the bastards get you down... have a great christmas and a good new year fella... maybe we'll all win the lottery and not give a damn!!!
Cheers Mate!! Thank you for the kind words. You have a cool yule too..wish you a big win too!! Merry Crimble Simon!!
Old Dec 24th 2008, 3:51 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

With all the commentary it takes something different to stick in your mind these days and one line I saw - "let's hope 2009 won't be any worse" sounded really hopeful to me because all we're hearing is how bad it is definitely going to be. Is it self-fulfilling? I believe so. If it's true that you get what you expect then we're all expecting to hurt next year and then expecting it'll be a bit better in 2010. Why can't we expect that it will get better NEXT year? I'm not going to bow to it - even if the Bailiffs are at the door!!!! Cutting our cloth according to our measure is no bad thing and we'll all be better for it when this is over. You keep your chin up Genesis - it's been a crap year for you so fingers crossed 2009 can only be better

Last edited by Batty; Dec 24th 2008 at 4:12 am.