Reload this Page >

Hello from Windy Welly

Hello from Windy Welly

Old Apr 26th 2009, 8:52 am
Just Joined

Payens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from Windy Welly

Hi all,

new to the forum, although have been reading for the past few months!

Moved to Welly about a month ago and have been loving it here. Thought I'd get on the forum to interact, rather than watching from the sidelines. Have found many of the the threads extremely useful and has helped my time here. Perhaps I can try and give some advice my self one day!

I'm originally from the UK, born and bred in St. Helens, before moving to London to work for ten years. After getting bored of the daily grind, the underground, the overpopulation and general consumerist society the UK was becoming - I decided I needed to break free!

adios amigos,

Payens
Old Apr 26th 2009, 10:49 am
Just Joined

MissusMo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello from Windy Welly

Hello Payens, welcome!

I only get down to Wellington about once every eighteen months, but I always make a beeline for Te Papa when I'm there...

I hope everything goes well for you.

Mo
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Yes, I've already been at the recommendation of work colleagues and really enjoyed it. Didn't quite make it to the Monet (was too tired to queue!), but will go before the exhibition ends.

Thanks for the well wishes
Old Apr 26th 2009, 11:14 am
Just Joined

MissusMo is an unknown quantity at this point

There used to be a crummy advert on the TV about a year or two ago, along the lines of, "smile, and the world smiles back at you" - and of course that sentiment isn't crummy at all! I've had a lot of smiles from people since I moved here, and it's nice to pass the smiles on...

Good luck with everything!

Mo
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Heya mate,

it certainly is, and right now it's windy and very wet

I have only been here for a month, so not yet ventured over to the south island. However I will definitely head there this winter (or your summer) as ski-ing is apparently better there.

Wellington has a lot of the things I was looking for, in terms of a place called home. My parents are from HK and emigrated to the UK at a young age - I was born and bred in the UK, but you could say I had no preconceptions that I would live there forever. Indeed the more I travelled, the more I felt that other countries would offer a better place to live.

I'm loving it here, although I guess part of that could be the novelty value. Best to evaluate after a longer period of time. However, so far, everything for me is great. I would add I'm in my early 30's with no family and a decent secure job, and I do have the option to move again if it doesn't work out. However, so far I have not regretted it

hope you get what you're looking for.

Payens