Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello from rainy windy Milton Keynes

Hello from rainy windy Milton Keynes

Old Jan 15th 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of
Default Hello from rainy windy Milton Keynes

I discovered this site a month or so ago, but have now registered and looking forward to being part of it all.

We are a family of 5 (3 young children aged 8,5 & 3) and it has been my husbands dream to move out to NZ for ages. So, we are now seriously looking at all our options. Our EOI is nearly completed and we have enough points, so all is needed now is a big leap to submit it.

It does scare me being so far away from family and friends but it looks so lovely over there, the space, the beaches, the sports for the children (the boys are dying to convert to supporting the All Blacks!) Not sure where we want to go, just doing loads of research on the net. Hubby is an electrician so needs to be somewhere building loads of new homes to keep him busy. I think we are probably looking at the North Island and we are hoping to be near the sea (That's my dream anyway!)

Anyway look forward to chatting to you all over the year!

Kay
Old Jan 15th 2008, 6:46 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Hello from rainy windy Milton Keynes

Welcome and have some karma to get you going.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 8:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and Happy Postings to the site.
As a sparky the whole of NZ is your oyster.
Karma to you.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there something wrong with the South Island Suzbits?
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:25 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Yotty
Is there something wrong with the South Island Suzbits?
Well, besides the fact that we live in damp cold caves and eat unsuspecting tourists for tea, nowt wrong with the mainland.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of

Hi Yotty - nothing wrong with the South Island, it all looks amazing, but due to the weather being warmer??? we have picked the North Island. I will stand corrected if I am wrong on this point.

Kay
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:57 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Suzbits
Hi Yotty - nothing wrong with the South Island, it all looks amazing, but due to the weather being warmer??? we have picked the North Island. I will stand corrected if I am wrong on this point.

Kay
We had 32 degrees here on the beach so I'm told yesterday and more of the same today!

It's a hard life but somebody has to do it!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Wow, I think we need to start reading some more sites and trust everything you read! I could definately get used to 32 degrees when I had a very thin layer on the windscreen this morning!

Kay
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kay,

Have some welcome karma, we came over to Chch(34deg on sat) from MK in Oct 05 and do not have one regret.
As mentioned your OH will have no probs with work-although I believe registration for sparkys involves some diving through a few hoops!, will gladly stand corrected.

Welcome again and good luck.

Lee & Vicki
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:07 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We're outside of Nelson on the South Island and our weather is similar to the med. No snow except on the tops of the mountains, blue skies most days, no need for coats in the winter and HOT in summer.

Blenheim also has this type of weather.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
We had 32 degrees here on the beach so I'm told yesterday and more of the same today!

It's a hard life but somebody has to do it!
37 DEGREES in Rangiora yesterday,bleedy hot,but had great day at the beach.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

delcat will become famous soon enoughdelcat will become famous soon enough

Hello all

I'm new to this, this is my first post - I would like to add to all your positive comments about the South Island. I'm from the UK but have been here almost 3 years now, 2 in Auckland and almost one in Christchurch. The NI does have a lot to offer, and the winters aren't as cold in the far north, but I prefer the climate 'down south'. It's dry and sunny for the most part (on the east coast at least!) so don't write it off on weather alone - I'm much happier here than I was in Auckland, and love the seasons.

Good luck with it all, Suzbits

Last edited by delcat; Jan 20th 2008 at 11:12 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

mallard has a brilliant futuremallard has a brilliant futuremallard has a brilliant futuremallard has a brilliant futuremallard has a brilliant futuremallard has a brilliant futuremallard has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Suzbits
I discovered this site a month or so ago, but have now registered and looking forward to being part of it all.

We are a family of 5 (3 young children aged 8,5 & 3) and it has been my husbands dream to move out to NZ for ages. So, we are now seriously looking at all our options. Our EOI is nearly completed and we have enough points, so all is needed now is a big leap to submit it.

It does scare me being so far away from family and friends but it looks so lovely over there, the space, the beaches, the sports for the children (the boys are dying to convert to supporting the All Blacks!) Not sure where we want to go, just doing loads of research on the net. Hubby is an electrician so needs to be somewhere building loads of new homes to keep him busy. I think we are probably looking at the North Island and we are hoping to be near the sea (That's my dream anyway!)

Anyway look forward to chatting to you all over the year!

Kay
Hi Suzbits
Just wanted to say Hello. I have just joined this site today and am hooked!
I am also in MK and we are in the process of researching, applying, more researching, talking about nothing else and generally boring the pants off everyone we know! We are definately heading for NZ and really like the sound of Tauranga although we are also looking at Wellington.
We have distant family in the South island at Dunedin but I think that our options are going to be limited to the north Island for now because I am a newly qualified midwife (and only hospitals in wellington and tauranga are currently taking new graduate uk midwives!) We have two girls 7 and 11 and we are all very excited if not a litle scared!
Keep us all posted
kind regards
mallard
Old Jan 21st 2008, 11:40 pm
ex corrections officer

Puppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to allPuppypower is a name known to all

We have been in Dunedin for almost a year now and are loving it!
I don't get all this talk about the weather difference! last June (winter here) my OH and i were in the garden, pruning our Plum trees and sweating with the heat.
Not so long back whilst we were sitting on the beach, the north island had terrible rain and flooding which resulted in major power outages across the North island.
Due to the lack of ozone layer here, 19 degrees can be very hot (lovely).
We came over from Buckingham.
If you all go to the North island, so be it! more space for us southerners!
You don't know what you are missing!