Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hello To All Members

Hello To All Members

Old Jul 25th 2012, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello To All Members

Welcome, thanks for sharing

Neil
Old Jul 26th 2012, 2:18 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rossojo
Might be way off here but if they arrived in June with the residence visa in place then the application could well have gone in before teaching came off the LTSSL in December, meaning the bonus points would have helped them get pulled from the pool Just thinking out loud
I agree. The application would have to have gone in & been pulled before teaching came off the list . So prior to mid - December then?

Was just so interesting to read about there being a newly arrived teacher.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

crumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to beholdcrumpy10 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by higgy2
I did a quick introduction on the main Forum, but I'll repeat it here.

Myself, wife, daughter and Newfoundland dog called Hagrid arrived in
late June never having been to NZ and with no job or any offers of one.

We have settled in very well staying with best friends until we can secure
full time employment then look for our own place to rent initially.

My wife has secured a Part-Time PE Teaching post and it may, only may
turn in to Full Time, fingers crossed.

I might do a Swimming job that is up for grabs the pay is dire but at
least it's a start. I would prefer the Domestic Violence Arena as that
is the area I worked in back in the UK.
Hi and welcome!

On a completely different note, your dog Hagrid and my dog Jack the Labrador were on the same flight from Golden arrow!
Thought I would mention it as GA were fantastic and mentioned Hagrid when I emailed them to thank them for looking after my Jack!

Good luck here, we love it! And are moving up to palmy area soon!

Anna

Last edited by BEVS; Jul 27th 2012 at 3:03 pm. Reason: quoties
Old Jul 27th 2012, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

higgy2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has Jack settled in ?

Hagrid is fine and we brought his rather large Shipping Crate from Pethaven
the Quarantine Company, thinking he might use it as his kennel. Not a chance, he must think we are going to take him off in it again.

We got the nod in Nov 2011 with 115 points, no job offer or any relatives in NZ. So we were lucky.

It would seem that here there is a large turn over in Maths Teachers and anyone in that field would find work, although you would have to be here as Employers prefer to see you in the flesh. Catch 22 comes to mind for those wanting to come over.
Carole applied for loads of jobs whilst in the UK and received zilch, zero, 3 weeks in NZ and she gets a job.
Best of luck to all.
Anyone want or feel the need to ask anything. pm or email.
Thanks
Shane aka Higgy2