Hello all!!

Old Nov 9th 2009, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice
Default Hello all!!

Just an introduction thread with a few questions for all you experienced peeps out there.

I have managed to land a job in Hamilton (mental Health Nurse) and was wondering how things are over there? I have been reading the forum and have noticed a lot of doom and gloom (with good reason by the looks for some people). I was wondering how likely it would be for my wife to get a job as a beauty therapist in the Hamilton area and the wages she could expect if she did. We both expect to be working full time over there and it seems my wages are quite good (Not quite what i get here but not far off either) Is Hamilton one of the more expensive areas? What are peoples thoughts about the area/schools/standard of living/crime rate and such. I have two daughters who will be 14 and 16 when they arrive.......

I will be landing in April/may with any luck although wont have alot of money as we wont be selling our house this end for a while (wait until the housing market picks up)

many thanks

Alan
Old Nov 9th 2009, 3:11 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello all!!

Soz can't help you with your questions as we're not there but just wanted to say hello & welcome you to this lovely forum good luck with your plans!
Old Nov 9th 2009, 4:51 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kija
Soz can't help you with your questions as we're not there but just wanted to say hello & welcome you to this lovely forum good luck with your plans!
Hello, Welcome & good luck from us too....same as Kija tho, not there yet so can't help with your questions, someone who is & can help will be along soon.
B x
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi
We visited Hamilton when we came for a reccie & first impressions were it was lovely but we wanted to be in Tauranga.
I am sure there are lots of MH nurses who can advise on salaries conditions of work etc & same with Beauty therapists.
Not all doom & gloom honestly & I am sure you have done your research to get to this stage. Lots of good advise on here as well re schools etc. Good luck with your move
Old Nov 10th 2009, 7:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Nah! Nothing wrong with a bit of concern about recession , cost of living and all that.
It is on the minds of everyone and sensible after all.
Still , welcome Witty and i hope you have many Happy Postings.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:01 am

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi witty

dont know much about Hamilton as we are Dunedin based (not to late to change mate Dunedin is great and has Wakari hospital a big mental health hospital and as it happens we know one of the bosses there so if you change your mind and want a move.....!

What I would say is that I think your wife might be better off setting up her own small biz here as wages might not be to great as a waged worker.

I cant see there being a problem just might take a bit longer having to build up a client base.

great to see you are moving to NZ I dont think you will regret it as its a really great place to live.

all the best

george
Old Nov 10th 2009, 8:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Kia Ora and welcome to BE George.

I'd give you some karma but I am too mean.
Old Nov 10th 2009, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

witty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nicewitty is just really nice

George is it ok if i pm you?

Thanks all for your replies its nice to see not all are having troubles.

Old Nov 10th 2009, 2:54 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Witty just wnated to welcome you to the forum as well
Good luck with all your plans

Dewb
Old Nov 10th 2009, 2:56 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello to you as well George, Good to hear all going well in NZ for you
Dewb
Originally Posted by george toni
Hi witty

dont know much about Hamilton as we are Dunedin based (not to late to change mate Dunedin is great and has Wakari hospital a big mental health hospital and as it happens we know one of the bosses there so if you change your mind and want a move.....!

What I would say is that I think your wife might be better off setting up her own small biz here as wages might not be to great as a waged worker.

I cant see there being a problem just might take a bit longer having to build up a client base.

great to see you are moving to NZ I dont think you will regret it as its a really great place to live.

all the best

george
Old Nov 10th 2009, 5:42 pm

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers dewb09 and yep we love NZ.

Defo not a bed of roses and I could go on all day about pro's and con's I will do so at some point!

cheers

george
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:19 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

cheers dewb09 and yep we love NZ.

Defo not a bed of roses and I could go on all day about pro's and con's I will do so at some point!

cheers

george
Hi Witty and family............... we are a family of 4, we have 2 boys who will be almost 16 and the little one will be 13 when we hopefully land in Jan!!!!!! We are going to tauranga, I have a nursing job there, just waiting on clearance from my medical and then visa acceptance hopefully, see our timeline. Good luck with everything and ask anyting, everyone is so good, always find someone that can give either an idea or answer.

Tina, Will Josh and Harri x
Old Nov 12th 2009, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Hi witty

Hi George to
all the best

george
Hi there! - George , we are also mental health trained nurses!! and due to delays have lost our jobs waiting for us in NZ
Is it ok to pm you? as im sure we have alot in common!
Berni and Dave
Old Nov 12th 2009, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

I have a contact for you as well if you send me a PM and your interested. Im sure they are looking for more Mental health Nurses.