Hello!

Old Jan 16th 2013, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello!

I understand you, but still don't know why you're picking out NZ specifically. Crimes like this happen the world over, sadly.

Personal experiences aside, a person isn't significantly any more likely to be a victim of crime in NZ than they are in the majority of the rest of the Westernised world.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 5:12 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
If anyone wanted a succint piece of advise on emigrating, if it hasn't, this comes very close to hitting the nail square on the head
I'll drink to that!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

benandtan is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, didn't mean to start a big debate on crime! Thanks for everyones input though I honestly thought NZ did have a really low crime rate, heard it a number of times on various programs. Someone pointed me at the episode of Ross Kemp on Gangs all filmed in NZ, interesting viewing!

I will of course make sure we visit NZ before making any decisions.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Caryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to allCaryatid is a name known to all

I understand you, but still don't know why you're picking out NZ specifically. Crimes like this happen the world over, sadly.

Personal experiences aside, a person isn't significantly any more likely to be a victim of crime in NZ than they are in the majority of the rest of the Westernised world.
Sorry, you still haven't got my drift, violence can take many forms. i give up
Old Jan 17th 2013, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

wendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nicewendy_woo is just really nice

last week in the UK was the trial of a guy who murdered his sister and chopped her up and threw her bits of body into the river, this week we have another story of young men forcing girls who were in care into prostitution, even our hospitals are knocking off the elderly, its called the Liverpool Pathway - I could go on, I think most people in the UK are hardened to the stories and get on with life, until it happens on your door step, or to someone you know, I have a friend whose partner stabbed her eight times, nearly killed her and he only got 3 years for it, lots of bad people out there wherever you are, but fortunately there are more good than bad!! Go see NZ for your self and enjoy!!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:53 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone wanted a succint piece of advise on emigrating, if it hasn't, this comes very close to hitting the nail square on the head
We broke that rule and haven't looked back - but we had moved country before to a harsher environment for several years. Once flexible always flexible so we saved the money and went for it. All good and very pleased with the results.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caryatid
Sorry, you still haven't got my drift, violence can take many forms. i give up
Yeah it can take many forms, my question is why state the bleedin' obivous and chastise NZ for it's crime. On balance it's no worse than anywhere else and any reasonable person isn't blind to the fact that crime does happen. Even in NZ!!!
Old Jan 18th 2013, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by simonsi
We broke that rule and haven't looked back - but we had moved country before to a harsher environment for several years. Once flexible always flexible so we saved the money and went for it. All good and very pleased with the results.
In the words of Del Boy; "Who Dares Wins"

Not all people are willing to take the plunge in the manner you did.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 4:57 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

In the words of Del Boy; "Who Dares Wins"

Not all people are willing to take the plunge in the manner you did.
Agreed - but quite a few on here have.