Hello

Old Jul 11th 2007, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Steve-Ali will become famous soon enoughSteve-Ali will become famous soon enough
Default Hello

Hi,
We have been thinking about moving to NZ for a while, but now we are looking at it a bit more seriously.

I am a police officer with 11 years service and have looked into transfering but the police in NZ are not running overseas recruiting at present.

My other half Ali is an auditor, having looked through vacancies can't see any at the moment.

I also have cousins out there that I have never met, somewhere near Wellington.

Anyway, we will be looking in and keeping an eye open for any vacancies.

cheers
Steve
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice
Default Re: Hello

hi steve & ali

welcome to the site, whatever question you may have, or information you may need there is always someone on here who can help.

i am kirstie & paul is my husband, we are hoping to get over in the new year, if the application goes ok

with regards

kirstie
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Steve-Ali
Hi,
We have been thinking about moving to NZ for a while, but now we are looking at it a bit more seriously.

I am a police officer with 11 years service and have looked into transfering but the police in NZ are not running overseas recruiting at present.

My other half Ali is an auditor, having looked through vacancies can't see any at the moment.

cheers
Steve
I think auditors (external at least) are on the long-term shortage list and there'll be plenty of opportunities for Ali.

Good luck
Alison
Old Jul 11th 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

The police are always looking for overseas officers. If you have time go through previous threads - there's been alot in the past. You will have to do a refresher, not sure how many weeks. The only NZ police college is at the bottom of our street - in a lovely area - no crime here - we're well looked after. It won't be long before they start recruiting again. It wouldn't hurt to send an e mail in the form of an expression of interest.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Steve-Ali will become famous soon enoughSteve-Ali will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the replies so far folks.
I've been doing lots of searching for police jobs and now for jobs for Ali.

I've also got in touch with my mum to see if she has any details of my cousins in Wellington as I have never had any contact with them.

Fingers crossed
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies so far folks.
I've been doing lots of searching for police jobs and now for jobs for Ali.

I've also got in touch with my mum to see if she has any details of my cousins in Wellington as I have never had any contact with them.

Fingers crossed
If you come out for a look first-we live right by Boopy and Wilma-giz a pm and we'll show you round!!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by danny.f
If you come out for a look first-we live right by Boopy and Wilma-giz a pm and we'll show you round!!
Thanks for that.
We've got a lot of enquiries to do first but if we do manage to get out there I'll be sure to make contact with you.
Cheers
Steve
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:47 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

cheers
Steve
Sorry no help with the job bit but just wanted to say welcome

We're a friendly (and slightly deranged!! bunch). If you need help, support or somewhere to stress about the whole immigration thing, you've come to the right place!

Good Luck