Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

accomodation recommendation

accomodation recommendation

Old Jul 11th 2007, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute
Default accomodation recommendation

me again, 2 questions in 1 week what on earth is happening to me?????

i'm looking to for cheap accomodation anywhere in NZ, basically friends of my mum & dads are doing a world trip to celebrate retirement i think , going here there & everywhere, in dec they will hit NZ, for around 3 weeks & are looking for good cheap accomodation. so does anyone have any recommendations for them?
thanks xxx
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: accomodation recommendation

Originally Posted by poppets
me again, 2 questions in 1 week what on earth is happening to me?????

i'm looking to for cheap accomodation anywhere in NZ, basically friends of my mum & dads are doing a world trip to celebrate retirement i think , going here there & everywhere, in dec they will hit NZ, for around 3 weeks & are looking for good cheap accomodation. so does anyone have any recommendations for them?
thanks xxx
How can you have nearly 50 views and no comments to what is a relatively easy question? Jeez.
We always found the Holiday Parks (Top 10) to be cheap,central (the one in Taupo and Rotorua are sound). Cheaper than motels. Ironically Wellington's in Seaview was shite.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by danny.f
How can you have nearly 50 views and no comments to what is a relatively easy question? Jeez.
We always found the Holiday Parks (Top 10) to be cheap,central (the one in Taupo and Rotorua are sound). Cheaper than motels. Ironically Wellington's in Seaview was shite.
Yep, I'd say the same. I have been to the one in Bay of Islands twice now and would stay there again. In Coromandel we had a lovely cottage in Whitianga which sleeps 6 and was about $160 per night. I thought it was cute but my mum in law went round getting rid of things she didn't like! Cushions etc!
Also had a lovely chalet somewhere else in Coromandel cant think of the name now but I can have a look, it was a bit out the way, right near a beach but a 10 minute drive to whitianga and that was about the same money.
If they come to Auckland, the Spencer on Byron in Takapuna on the Shore is quite nice and has some good rates. My in-laws stayed there in the summer because they wanted somewhere with a pool, which of course they didn't use! But the rate was around $150 a night.
Oh, I want to go to Coromandel now.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

yep can also recommend top 10 holiday park, have stayed at the one in rotorua and taupo also the one in wanganui
Old Jul 12th 2007, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
yep can also recommend top 10 holiday park, have stayed at the one in rotorua and taupo also the one in wanganui
Those private hot tub things rock the Universe-even with the kids!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by danny.f
Those private hot tub things rock the Universe-even with the kids!
any hot pools rock the world...they are just lovely, if feels like having a bath
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

zoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant future

I came across this website and at this time of year - winter they are generally cheaper than motels:
http://www.holidayhouses.co.nz/nzholidayhomes.aspx

I wouldn't know about the summer/spring - only been here just over 2 weeks!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kwprwn
any hot pools rock the world...they are just lovely, if feels like having a bath
We couldn't get out!! Only had an hour-it wasn't long enough!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Do TradeMe do holiday homes?