Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Having a moan to the barman

Having a moan to the barman

Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Having a moan to the barman

Well today is my 10th wedding anniversary
I bought myself $40 of flowers as I really wanted flowers and I wanted to guarantee that I got them..the florist felt sorry for me and gave them to me for 4o instead of 50

I bought us a new wii game to play as a family ( i know...odd pressie)
He packs a sad cos he can't work it out and won't play anymore (this is two days in a row)
I say..don't be so childish.
He has gone to bed...I though...sod it...i going to open the bubbly anyway as I deserve it
I ate my little heart shaped cake too (petit coeur d'amour my arse)
I am now officially a tragic case
Old Apr 15th 2010, 10:50 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Having a moan to the barman

Originally Posted by pricklykina
Sounds like marriage pet.

I don't know much about the "L" word but they say the secret to investing is knowing when to get in and when to get out, not sure if that helps .
Old Apr 15th 2010, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Having a moan to the barman

you know...it was quite lovely to be called pet!
Haven't been called that for a long time

Turns out I'm enjoying not having to share the bubbly
Old Apr 15th 2010, 1:01 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

you know...it was quite lovely to be called pet!
Haven't been called that for a long time
Cricky! It’s worse than I thought, you clearly need to get out more. You could join the bowls club or go down to the RSA to moan about how things where better during the war....
Turns out I'm enjoying not having to share the bubbly
Right, fine then...that doesn’t bother me at all .

Everyone look she's a bollyhog! Take her right off your Christmas card list and cancel the BBQ invites.
Old Apr 15th 2010, 2:35 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Well today is my 10th wedding anniversary
I bought myself $40 of flowers as I really wanted flowers and I wanted to guarantee that I got them..the florist felt sorry for me and gave them to me for 4o instead of 50

I bought us a new wii game to play as a family ( i know...odd pressie)
He packs a sad cos he can't work it out and won't play anymore (this is two days in a row)
I say..don't be so childish.
He has gone to bed...I though...sod it...i going to open the bubbly anyway as I deserve it
I ate my little heart shaped cake too (petit coeur d'amour my arse)
Awwww poor you, although getting the bubbly to yourself

Is hubster normally a sulker? I know I am my poor OH usually just ignores my sulk and carries on as if all is fine eventually I pull myself out of it so it does work.

Dewb xx
Old Apr 15th 2010, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Prickly,I know where you are coming from. Have been with my OH 27 years this Sep,married for 16 years. We don't do cards on our anniversary,or flowers or a nice meal....nothing! haven't done for years. I usually buy myself a nice bubbly and box of guylain chocs ( my favourites ) and have that after the boys are in bed. As for Valentines day!!!!!!! here is a direct quote I fell for years ago " why do I need to spend a fortune on flowers and a card on one day a year to tell you I love you when I can tell you any other time for free" !!!!!!!!!!

Now,don't get me wrong,he does tell me he loves me and is nice in other ways BUT to a girl anniversaries and valentines day are a bit special aren't they? We like to be made a fuss of if it is only twice a year.

So hope you enjoyed your bubbly and look forward to next year

Phyl x

p.s. guess where I will be headed for my anniversary in 2011....Invercargill Scotland are playing in rugby world cup that day........OH was planning a boys weekend away until he remembered the date. As if he would get to a Scotland match without me no matter what the date The boys are coming too!

P x
Old Apr 17th 2010, 12:00 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Aww love. I have bought my own presents for years, even getting them gift wrapped! At least then I'm getting what I want and not going to be disappointed.

I think your hubby and mine may well be related, mine's about as romantic as a pickled walnut ...
Old Apr 17th 2010, 12:29 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Aww love. I have bought my own presents for years, even getting them gift wrapped! At least then I'm getting what I want and not going to be disappointed.

I think your hubby and mine may well be related, mine's about as romantic as a pickled walnut ...
OK I am I am going to stick up for the MALES not all men are unromantic
It was our anniversary last week
we went out for a nice Italian meal
and even pushed the boat out with a $30 bottle of wine
my Oh put some of our wedding photos on Facebook
to remind everyone back home
come on fellas help me out with this one
Old Apr 17th 2010, 3:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

He needs a kick up his 'arris. Miserable git.

Right you Prickly. Time for a plan.
Thank heavens you got your priorities right and quaffed the bubbly straight down , no messin'.

Now. Here is what you do for next year if you are sure he still won't be ars@d.
You find yourself a health spa and book yourself & maybe a girly friend in overnight. He pays.

Mine is a bit rubbish on the flowers & present choosing front but he knew right from the start that I expect effort. That doesn't mean fancy arrangements or sizeable $$ on presents. It just means effort.

His next birthday , you wrap up an empty box and give it to him. It's about what he deserves.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 4:44 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

hear hear BEVS.
Pk that's just rubbish.
Do you mind, or is it ok really?

Dh and I have our 10 year anniversary at the end of the month and are total saps really.
We're going to Melbourne and I'm getting a couple of hours in Ikea! heehee
Old Apr 17th 2010, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bdclayton
OK I am I am going to stick up for the MALES not all men are unromantic
It was our anniversary last week
we went out for a nice Italian meal
and even pushed the boat out with a $30 bottle of wine
my Oh put some of our wedding photos on Facebook
to remind everyone back home
Yeah I am quite romantic with Kate..I buy her lots of stuff and cuddle with her even after over 10 years. Always spoil her rotten for her birthday and Valentines day.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 5:57 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Sometimes we get fish & chips, a few lagers and go down to the riverbank. Does that count?

Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:09 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Sometimes we get fish & chips, a few lagers and go down to the riverbank. Does that count?

http://www.knitemare.org/cats/hugstime.jpg
Yep that counts
Fish & chips and lager ??? a bit flash
see i knew romance was still alive
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:21 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep that counts
Fish & chips and lager ??? a bit flash
see i knew romance was still alive
men!
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:50 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

And that's probably him and his mates when they go fishing ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.