British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Having a moan to the barman (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/having-moan-barman-664123/)

pricklykina Apr 15th 2010 10:03 am

Having a moan to the barman

Well today is my 10th wedding anniversary
I bought myself $40 of flowers as I really wanted flowers and I wanted to guarantee that I got them..the florist felt sorry for me and gave them to me for 4o instead of 50

I bought us a new wii game to play as a family ( i know...odd pressie)
He packs a sad cos he can't work it out and won't play anymore (this is two days in a row)
I say..don't be so childish.
He has gone to bed...I though...sod it...i going to open the bubbly anyway as I deserve it
I ate my little heart shaped cake too (petit coeur d'amour my arse)
I am now officially a tragic case
:(

Charismatic Apr 15th 2010 10:50 am

Re: Having a moan to the barman

Originally Posted by pricklykina (Post 8497967)

Sounds like marriage pet.

I don't know much about the "L" word but they say the secret to investing is knowing when to get in and when to get out, not sure if that helps ;).

pricklykina Apr 15th 2010 11:22 am

you know...it was quite lovely to be called pet!
Haven't been called that for a long time :)

Turns out I'm enjoying not having to share the bubbly :drinkwine: :drinkwine: :drinkwine: :drinkwine:

Charismatic Apr 15th 2010 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by pricklykina (Post 8498174)
you know...it was quite lovely to be called pet!
Haven't been called that for a long time :)

Cricky! It’s worse than I thought, you clearly need to get out more. You could join the bowls club or go down to the RSA to moan about how things where better during the war...:p.

Originally Posted by pricklykina (Post 8498174)
Turns out I'm enjoying not having to share the bubbly :drinkwine: :drinkwine: :drinkwine: :drinkwine:

Right, fine then...that doesn’t bother me at all :frown:.

Everyone look she's a bollyhog! Take her right off your Christmas card list and cancel the BBQ invites.

Dewb09 Apr 15th 2010 2:35 pm

Well today is my 10th wedding anniversary
I bought myself $40 of flowers as I really wanted flowers and I wanted to guarantee that I got them..the florist felt sorry for me and gave them to me for 4o instead of 50

I bought us a new wii game to play as a family ( i know...odd pressie)
He packs a sad cos he can't work it out and won't play anymore (this is two days in a row)
I say..don't be so childish.
He has gone to bed...I though...sod it...i going to open the bubbly anyway as I deserve it
I ate my little heart shaped cake too (petit coeur d'amour my arse)

Awwww poor you, although getting the bubbly to yourself :thumbsup:

Is hubster normally a sulker? I know I am :o my poor OH usually just ignores my sulk and carries on as if all is fine :sneaky: eventually I pull myself out of it so it does work.

Dewb xx

weejie Apr 15th 2010 8:48 pm

Prickly,I know where you are coming from. Have been with my OH 27 years this Sep,married for 16 years. We don't do cards on our anniversary,or flowers or a nice meal....nothing!:frown: haven't done for years. I usually buy myself a nice bubbly and box of guylain chocs ( my favourites ) and have that after the boys are in bed. As for Valentines day!!!!!!! here is a direct quote I fell for years ago " why do I need to spend a fortune on flowers and a card on one day a year to tell you I love you when I can tell you any other time for free" !!!!!!!!!!

Now,don't get me wrong,he does tell me he loves me and is nice in other ways:wub: BUT to a girl anniversaries and valentines day are a bit special aren't they? We like to be made a fuss of if it is only twice a year.

So hope you enjoyed your bubbly and look forward to next year:wub:

Phyl x

p.s. guess where I will be headed for my anniversary in 2011....Invercargill:eek: Scotland are playing in rugby world cup that day........OH was planning a boys weekend away until he remembered the date. As if he would get to a Scotland match without me no matter what the date:p The boys are coming too!

P x

Am Loolah Apr 17th 2010 12:00 am

Aww love.:wub: I have bought my own presents for years, even getting them gift wrapped!:lol: At least then I'm getting what I want and not going to be disappointed.

I think your hubby and mine may well be related, mine's about as romantic as a pickled walnut ...

bdclayton Apr 17th 2010 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 8502201)
Aww love.:wub: I have bought my own presents for years, even getting them gift wrapped!:lol: At least then I'm getting what I want and not going to be disappointed.

I think your hubby and mine may well be related, mine's about as romantic as a pickled walnut ...

OK I am I am going to stick up for the MALES not all men are unromantic
It was our anniversary last week
we went out for a nice Italian meal
and even pushed the boat out with a $30 bottle of wine
my Oh put some of our wedding photos on Facebook
to remind everyone back home
come on fellas help me out with this one
:sneaky:

BEVS Apr 17th 2010 3:14 am

He needs a kick up his 'arris. Miserable git.

Right you Prickly. :sneaky: Time for a plan.
Thank heavens you got your priorities right and quaffed the bubbly straight down , no messin':drinkwine:.

Now. Here is what you do for next year if you are sure he still won't be ars@d.
You find yourself a health spa and book yourself & maybe a girly friend in overnight. He pays.

Mine is a bit rubbish on the flowers & present choosing front but he knew right from the start that I expect effort. That doesn't mean fancy arrangements or sizeable $$ on presents. It just means effort.

His next birthday , you wrap up an empty box and give it to him. It's about what he deserves.:thumbdown:

pixi-dust Apr 17th 2010 4:44 am

hear hear BEVS.
Pk that's just rubbish.
Do you mind, or is it ok really?

Dh and I have our 10 year anniversary at the end of the month and are total saps really.
We're going to Melbourne and I'm getting a couple of hours in Ikea! heehee

Genesis Apr 17th 2010 4:45 am

Originally Posted by bdclayton (Post 8502250)
OK I am I am going to stick up for the MALES not all men are unromantic
It was our anniversary last week
we went out for a nice Italian meal
and even pushed the boat out with a $30 bottle of wine
my Oh put some of our wedding photos on Facebook
to remind everyone back home
:sneaky:

Yeah I am quite romantic with Kate..I buy her lots of stuff and cuddle with her even after over 10 years. Always spoil her rotten for her birthday and Valentines day.

Charismatic Apr 17th 2010 5:57 am

Originally Posted by bdclayton (Post 8502250)

Sometimes we get fish & chips, a few lagers and go down to the riverbank. Does that count? :p

http://www.knitemare.org/cats/hugstime.jpg

bdclayton Apr 17th 2010 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 8502502)
Sometimes we get fish & chips, a few lagers and go down to the riverbank. Does that count? :p

http://www.knitemare.org/cats/hugstime.jpg

Yep that counts
Fish & chips and lager ??? a bit flash
see i knew romance was still alive
:thumbsup:

Dewb09 Apr 17th 2010 8:21 am

Originally Posted by bdclayton (Post 8502631)
Yep that counts
Fish & chips and lager ??? a bit flash
see i knew romance was still alive
:thumbsup:

:rolleyes: men!

Am Loolah Apr 17th 2010 8:50 am

And that's probably him and his mates when they go fishing ...