Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Hagley College. ChCh

Hagley College. ChCh

Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:23 pm

SavBlancGal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hagley College. ChCh

Originally Posted by Watt Dabney
I am starting there myself in Feb as an adult student, but don't actually know the place that well, it looks good. The course I am on you have to be 19 to do so I probabay won't have much contact with the kids.

I'm terrified, its been a long time since I was at school, but if all goes well this will be the 1st of 4 yrs, and I will be fullfilling a burning ambition, its now or never.
Would love to hear how you're getting on. I'm considering a move down to ChCh and Hagley sounds ideal for my daughter (14)... and me as I'd like to study something so I can get back into the job market. Haven't got a clue what at the moment but they have a good choice of courses.

Hope it's going well for you and you're enjoying it.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

westiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to all
Default Re: Hagley College. ChCh

Hi - just to say, we moved into our house in Brighton last friday and 16 yr old started Hagley college yesterday. He said it went really well, a few people came up to him and invited him to join them during breaks so he wasn't " a loner " which was his biggest fear.
It's a lot more casual than his last school - there's no uniform, they call their teachers by their 1st names and they are ( at least the seniors are ) allowed out of the grounds at lunch time. It suits him as he's ready for a more grown up environment and has more of an English college or poly feel to it.

Academically it's too soon to say, but he was given quite a hard Geo paper to do yesterday so that's probably a good sign !