British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   The Great New Zealand picture thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/great-new-zealand-picture-thread-404926/)

Paladin Nov 23rd 2006 7:32 am

Re: The Great New Zealand picture thread

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Anymore piccy's?

Please :)

I'll take LOADS in February for ya Jack!!!!

;)

SirEglamore Nov 23rd 2006 8:22 pm

5 Attachment(s)
Lardy Yorkshire bloke by the Avon in CHCH
Split Apple rock, Abel Tasman park
Hanmer Springs
Punakaiki rocks
Akaroa main street

Jack The Lad Nov 24th 2006 6:49 am

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
Hanmer Springs
Punakaiki rocks
Akaroa main street

Fantastic pix SirEglamore :)

That first one looks a bit dodgey though. Scared to hell out of me at first :scared:

:D

SirEglamore Nov 24th 2006 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Fantastic pix SirEglamore :)

That first one looks a bit dodgey though. Scared to hell out of me at first :scared:

:D

;) :D

StevieB Nov 24th 2006 8:43 am

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
Hanmer Springs
Punakaiki rocks
Akaroa main street

Bloody hell Mark, that uniform you wore to work doesn't half put the beef on you! You look positivly svelte in that photo. How many jerseys did you used to wear? :D

SirEglamore Nov 24th 2006 9:39 am

Originally Posted by StevieB
Bloody hell Mark, that uniform you wore to work doesn't half put the beef on you! You look positivly svelte in that photo. How many jerseys did you used to wear? :D

:D :o :D

SarahB Nov 29th 2006 9:24 am

5 Attachment(s)
OK, not brilliant pictures but I took these this evening. Ive had a bad day and just needed to get out.... what better than to go and sit and look at the sea just before it gets dark....

Jack The Lad Nov 29th 2006 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by SarahB
OK, not brilliant pictures but I took these this evening. Ive had a bad day and just needed to get out.... what better than to go and sit and look at the sea just before it gets dark....

Very nice.

Hope your evening goes better than your day :)

Maz Nov 29th 2006 3:49 pm

Awww I'm sorry Sarah. :( I hope you awake refreshed today. :) How much longer do you have to go? Less than 2 months, right? Did I read 6 weeks somewhere? Lovely photos, I hope you found the sea as calming as I do. :)

SarahB Nov 29th 2006 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Maz
Awww I'm sorry Sarah. :( I hope you awake refreshed today. :) How much longer do you have to go? Less than 2 months, right? Did I read 6 weeks somewhere? Lovely photos, I hope you found the sea as calming as I do. :)

Thanks... I feel slightly more calm this morning...its usual 3 year old problems with my son but it really got to me yesterday. In the evening I went down to see my horse and he gave me a huge horsey hug and then I went to look at the sea. I have a c-section booked for 10th January...just less than 6 weeks away. :scared:

Maz Nov 29th 2006 5:55 pm

Thanks... I feel slightly more calm this morning...its usual 3 year old problems with my son but it really got to me yesterday. In the evening I went down to see my horse and he gave me a huge horsey hug and then I went to look at the sea. I have a c-section booked for 10th January...just less than 6 weeks away. :scared:

My daughter recently turned 5, so I know exactly where you're coming from! Defiance is the name of the game right now, she's fighting for control (but will lose mua ha ha!!! :D ). Best of luck with the birth... I had a section, too. Unexpected, though. Apparently morphine has no effect on me, which wasn't fun to find out! :eek:

SarahB Nov 30th 2006 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Maz
My daughter recently turned 5, so I know exactly where you're coming from! Defiance is the name of the game right now, she's fighting for control (but will lose mua ha ha!!! :D ). Best of luck with the birth... I had a section, too. Unexpected, though. Apparently morphine has no effect on me, which wasn't fun to find out! :eek:

Yep, I'm not getting defiance as such yet, I'm just being totally ignored, its like talking to a brick wall!!

Thanks, its just gotta be better than what I went through last time, thats why I've pushed for this c-section and Ive finally got my own way. I just packed my hospital bag this evening.... a bit prem I know but I keep hearing of babies coming early so I wanted to get organised.

I took loads of pictures of my horse out in his field last night too.... its lovely scenery down where he is and I deleted the whole lot by mistake last night before saving them..... doh!!!

Jack The Lad Dec 2nd 2006 8:46 am

MORE PIX!

SarahB Dec 2nd 2006 8:52 am

Seriously you dont want a piccy of me at the moment!!! It would gross you out!
I just found some past piccys of me and now Im annoyed coz I was slim then and now Im fat.... grrr!!!

Jack The Lad Dec 2nd 2006 8:54 am

I just found some past piccys of me and now Im annoyed coz I was slim then and now Im fat.... grrr!!!

Hey, you shagged the guy. Deal with it :D :D :D

PS Please dont get hormonal on me :D

SarahB Dec 2nd 2006 8:56 am

lol.... no worries... you just made me laugh!! :D I keep saying to myself.... only 5 and a half more weeks to go then I wont be pregnant ever again..... can have my body back to myself!! :D :D

Jack The Lad Dec 2nd 2006 8:59 am

lol.... no worries... you just made me laugh!! :D I keep saying to myself.... only 5 and a half more weeks to go then I wont be pregnant ever again..... can have my body back to myself!! :D :D

In labour yet then? :D

Now Im gonna really wind you up. my missus was in labour with Plankho for......wait for it...........22 minutes before he popped out :eek:

And with Live she was in labour. Start to finnish for how long?

SarahB Dec 2nd 2006 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
In labour yet then? :D

Now Im gonna really wind you up. my missus was in labour with Plankho for......wait for it...........22 minutes before he popped out :eek:

And with Live she was in labour. Start to finnish for how long?

Ive heard of some labours being so short. An expat friend here almost popped one out in her hubbys car last month coz it takes us 20 minutes from here to get to hospital.

Hopefully Im not going into labour. C-section booked for 10th January.

So how long then?

Jack The Lad Dec 2nd 2006 9:06 am

Ive heard of some labours being so short. An expat friend here almost popped one out in her hubbys car last month coz it takes us 20 minutes from here to get to hospital.

Hopefully Im not going into labour. C-section booked for 10th January.

So how long then?

5 mins and 47 seconds :eek:

She was on the loo when most of it happened. We had planned for a home birth because Plankho was so quick. But best laid plans and all that :)

SarahB Dec 2nd 2006 9:08 am

5 mins and 47 seconds :eek:

She was on the loo when most of it happened. We had planned for a home birth because Plankho was so quick. But best laid plans and all that :)

OMG..... did the baby shoot down the loo then?? :D

Jack The Lad Dec 2nd 2006 9:10 am

OMG..... did the baby shoot down the loo then?? :D

Nearly. Charlie just managed to get onto the bed. My mum did the rest until the midwife turned up :eek:

SarahB Dec 2nd 2006 9:14 am

Nearly. Charlie just managed to get onto the bed. My mum did the rest until the midwife turned up :eek:

Oh blimey!!! I worked with a lady who said she was in labour in hospital and the midwife turned around for a few seconds and the baby shot out whilst her back was turned.... you hear all sorts of birth stories dont you. :D Everybody keeps talling me gruesome c-section stories at the moment.... I dont really need to hear them.

Jack The Lad Dec 2nd 2006 9:18 am

MORE PIX!

Come on :)

Joshlin Dec 2nd 2006 7:14 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Come on :)

View from the Port Hills Road-Chch

Jack The Lad Dec 2nd 2006 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Joshlin
View from the Port Hills Road-Chch

Very nice :)

I noticed a works of some kind on the left. What is it?

pixi-dust Dec 2nd 2006 7:56 pm

1 Attachment(s)
some flowers :)

Jack The Lad Dec 2nd 2006 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
some flowers :)

Lovely :)

PS How did it go?

pixi-dust Dec 2nd 2006 11:08 pm

Lovely :)

PS How did it go?

It was brilliant fun - lots of nice folk - who were steamboats by the end of the night :D We got back about midnight! tired but happy!

Joshlin Dec 2nd 2006 11:16 pm

Very nice :)

I noticed a works of some kind on the left. What is it?

That is Lyttleton Harbour, very busy for its size. Its where our container landed.
Keeps my boy amused looking at all the ships being loaded/unloaded.

ballsrburning Dec 4th 2006 9:20 am

excellent thread its much easier to see the real nz with pics, been searching for good pics for ages. :)

Jack The Lad Dec 4th 2006 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by ballsrburning
excellent thread its much easier to see the real nz with pics, been searching for good pics for ages. :)

Yes and we need more of them :)

Mandie Dec 4th 2006 11:38 pm

5 Attachment(s)
some pics i took while out in NZ in June/July 2006
Mandie

Mandie Dec 4th 2006 11:40 pm

wow it worked...didn't expect that to happen...me and computers don't see eye to eye

Maz Dec 5th 2006 12:45 am

Ooooh purdy Mandie! :) Where are those photos of?

Jack The Lad Dec 5th 2006 6:50 am

Big up for Mandie :D

Very nice.

Mandie Dec 5th 2006 12:45 pm

the photo's are of (some places may not be spelt correctly)

1. looking down onto Christchurch from cashmere hills
2. Lady knox geyser near Rotorua
3. Christchurch, the other side of cashmere hills
4. Rotorua cable car lifts
5. Tauranga beach

Mandie x

SarahB Dec 9th 2006 7:37 pm

3 Attachment(s)
Hiya, I went to a christmas party in a house on the beach front yesterday, this is the view from the front of their house. The weather was pretty lousy, sorry the pics arnt too good but what a view eh?

jueinnz Dec 9th 2006 7:40 pm

Hiya, I went to a christmas party in a house on the beach front yesterday, this is the view from the front of their house. The weather was pretty lousy, sorry the pics arnt too good but what a view eh?

They'll be stuffed when the tsunami (don't correst my spelling) comes then!!!! :(

SarahB Dec 9th 2006 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by jueinnz
They'll be stuffed when the tsunami (don't correst my spelling) comes then!!!! :(

Funny enough I said that to OH yesterday and he just poo-pooed my comment. The front garden was so close to the beach I imagine if there was even an extra high tide they might be in trouble. We tried to guess how much the section was worth but it literally runs into millions! :eek:

jueinnz Dec 9th 2006 7:46 pm

Funny enough I said that to OH yesterday and he just poo-pooed my comment. The front garden was so close to the beach I imagine if there was even an extra high tide they might be in trouble. We tried to guess how much the section was worth but it literally runs into millions! :eek:

Ahh they probably just rent it!!!! they could be pretending!!! :D