Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Great New Zealand picture thread

The Great New Zealand picture thread

Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:00 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great New Zealand picture thread

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
I recon this thread really ought to be a sticky

Rob keep posting these great shots mate

PS Do you do request? Birds with big norks and all that

I have a few pictures of birds but they're the winged sort, sorry!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:13 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Are you offering, again?

Ha, you wish! I meant the kind to make you pipe down.

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Brill! Would love to see those.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:42 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

But do they have big norks?

Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:45 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Ha, you wish! I meant the kind to make you pipe down.

Brill! Would love to see those.
Post No. 304 in this thread has a few birds. I'll dig out some more for you
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:47 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have pictures of Kiwi's or them parroty things (Alpine things)?
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:47 pm
Happy in Wellington

Not native but:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_u2LJSfBVaUM/...h/DSC03698.JPG

http://bp3.blogger.com/_u2LJSfBVaUM/...0/DSC03703.JPG
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:50 pm
Happy in Wellington

Silvereye nicking our kiwifruit
Attached Thumbnails The Great New Zealand picture thread-dsc00281.jpg  
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:52 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I'd missed those, thanks Rob. Have to say, those cave wetas in post 305 made me skin crawl.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:53 pm
Happy in Wellington

Do you have pictures of Kiwi's or them parroty things (Alpine things)?
Keas - I have a few but no wild ones.

This is one of my favourite Kea pictures: clicky
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:54 pm
Happy in Wellington

Originally Posted by Maz
I'd missed those, thanks Rob. Have to say, those cave wetas in post 305 made me skin crawl.
When you shine a light on them they all kind of shuffle about. Bit freaky but I find them fascinating.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:56 pm
Happy in Wellington

No pics of kiwis - in the few places where you can see them it's in very dark encloseures so photographing them is next-to impossible.

The kiwi rescue place at Rainbow Springs, Rotorua is ace - you get to see the eggs, new hatchlings and they have some kiwis you can go look at. Very dark but there's no glass and you're so close you could touch them.

Lovely little things, they have kind of a bouncy walk.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:58 pm
Maz

Silvereye nicking our kiwifruit
Cheeky little thng! But I don't blame him, I love kiwifruit! I have at least one a day. So you have peacocks in NZ? I have to say, whenever I've stayed in certain parts of the UK, I've loved hearing their mewing (is that what you call it?). I've missed them in the US.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:59 pm
Happy in Wellington

here's some photos from last weekend's Chinese new year celebrations in Wellington

Dragonboats practicing for this weekend!

Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:01 pm
Happy in Wellington

Originally Posted by Maz
Cheeky little thng! But I don't blame him, I love kiwifruit! I have at least one a day. So you have peacocks in NZ? I have to say, whenever I've stayed in certain parts of the UK, I've loved hearing their mewing (is that what you call it?). I've missed them in the US.
They were taken at Staglands wildlife park near Wellington - they have dozens of peacocks.

http://www.staglands.co.nz/
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:02 pm
Maz

This is one of my favourite Kea pictures: clicky
I love his pics! I have his Wellington harbour photo as my wallpaper. The keas attacked the rubber on people's cars when they (the people) were off skiing, didn't they? Pretty funny.

When you shine a light on them they all kind of shuffle about. Bit freaky but I find them fascinating.
OK that just made my skin crawl a bit more.

No pics of kiwis - in the few places where you can see them it's in very dark encloseures so photographing them is next-to impossible.

The kiwi rescue place at Rainbow Springs, Rotorua is ace - you get to see the eggs, new hatchlings and they have some kiwis you can go look at. Very dark but there's no glass and you're so close you could touch them.

Lovely little things, they have kind of a bouncy walk.
*Makes mental note to go there in a few weeks' time*

OK my agent's finished running, back to the grind!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.