Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

is it a goer??job offered

is it a goer??job offered

Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: is it a goer??job offered

Originally Posted by Batty
hi. You haven't said if you'll have a mortgage or not. If you don't that'd be very doable.
yes we hve a mortgage in the uk thankfully not a big one, how does that help or disadvantage matters, i dont know much about that side,
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gina and danny
yes we hve a mortgage in the uk thankfully not a big one, how does that help or disadvantage matters, i dont know much about that side,
From reading this site for a few months i would say the posters who manage best financially in NZ seem to be those who are able to sell up on UK market and buy a new property outright here in NZ and then live mortgage free, given that wages relatively speaking are lower for similar lines of work. Utility bills are high here, whether the lifestyle (fantastic scenery mainly) compensates for that, only you can decide.

If you do need to take out a mortgage here..bear in mind that the interest rates are currently very high. This is good if you are saving, not so good if you are borrowing.

You may think you will have a better quality of life here regardless of income but at the end of the day life is miserable if you are struggling to find the basics plus as you say the occasional holiday.

There are lots of extra expenses here such as contributions to state schools and payments for doctors visits BUT on the plus side you are not expected to tip here.

Have you looked into rental prices for property in the area where the job is based as rent/mortgage is usually the main outgoing? Also would you need to buy car straightaway?

Personally I would only consider proceeding if it is possible to get PR in that line of work on that salary (extra benefits then available for kids as someone else said) but others will disagree and say go for it regardless....they don't necessarily have to manage on that wage..you do.

Is your life in the UK really so bad? A 50% salary cut never sounds like a good deal to me.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 7:38 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

What Luvwelly said
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:20 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Yup. What Luvwelly said ^