Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Glasgow Airport Sat 30th

Glasgow Airport Sat 30th

Old Jul 4th 2007, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Glasgow Airport Sat 30th

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
They cannot fight progress forever in the age of the Internet, the Iranian people will one day fight for their freedom and will be the turning point for an Islamic reformation, Morroco and Turkey have leaders who are progressive, trying to make their societies more Western and successful. Also America is trying to encourage Ethanol production as a replacement for oil, which is one of the main reasons that Saudi leaders etc can can sponsor terrorism and keep power. Muslim leaders are just like Emirs and Caliphs from the Middle ages, trying to hang on to power with a combination of religion and secret police. Of course things are going to get a lot worse before that happens.

I was just wondering why British immigration let so many Muslim doctors from Iran/Iraq/Syria into the country after 2003 ? If things really get bad, i am sure that they will all be rounded up/expelled.

Yes, i am sure that NZ will restrict the number of Muslims entering the country, you always see a few in the city centres. It is Australia that has quite large numbers of Lebanese Muslims, supporting Syria, and there is that funny Muslim leader in Oz
Why singling out Iran?
Surely Osama is a Saudi, as were all the 9/11 hijackers?

As for the Saudi rulers. They are great mates with the Bush family, and the US supplies them with arms and logistical support.
The reason Osama went to war with the US in the first place was probably the US involvement in his home country and their propping up of the Saudi Royal Family (a non democratic, non elected, Saudi Royal Family!).......but just for the oil of course

Saudi rulers are just as afraid of terrorists as is the West.
Note the recent unsuccessful attacks against Saudi oil installations.

And ethanol. A red herring I'm afraid. It will never replace oil as a general transport fuel.
There is little or no return in the energy produced by ethanol, as it takes almost as much energy to make it in the first place.
Ratio of about 1:1 or so from corn, as opposed to oil derived fuels ratio of between 10:1 and 20:1.

The other drawback with ethanol is that it is causing more and more arable land to be taken out of food production.
See "The fight for the world's food"
http://www.independent.co.uk/incomin...cle2697804.ece

Ultimately, I think we will have to go back to walking or use some form of electric transport.
Oil shortages will soon force petrol prices to unaffordable levels.

Kip
Old Jul 4th 2007, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Nisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant futureNisey has a brilliant future
Default Re: Glasgow Airport Sat 30th

Originally Posted by Woodlea
World domination for Muslims, it's their duty to convert all non-believers to Islam.
Then lets start a campaign to convert them back........oops looks like its already started
Attached Thumbnails Glasgow Airport Sat 30th-5aeba81d-dea2-43ca-91f3-4982a1ab655b.jpg