Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Glasgow Airport Sat 30th

Glasgow Airport Sat 30th

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glasgow Airport Sat 30th

Originally Posted by Avid
The logic might be that a country with CCTV every 2 feet and in a constant state of emergency is a lot harder to bomb than a country where you can pretty much drive a truck full of dynamite up to the steps of the parliament building.

The only problem terrorists have with bombing New Zealand is...would it make the international news?
Probably not! And there's one beauty of living here - the lack of CCTV cameras, glass screens, concrete barriers, armed police at airports etc etc.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Apple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant future

NZ has been the subject of a terrorist attack. It was in the 1980s, a Greenpeace ship the Rainbow Warrior was blown up in Auckland harbour and one man died (the photographer). the Warrior was protesting French nuclear testing in the Pacific.
The French government agents were found guilty and lived out their sentence on a French Attol somewhere in the Pacific.
You can now go diving on the Warrior, I can't remember where it was sunk.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

You are pulling my leg, right? I thought the prophecies of Nostradamus were disproved years ago. But, seriously, I'd love to hear how Nostradamus predicted the recent Islamic terrorist campaign.
He predicted a new terrible war between October 2007 and May 2009 against a Third Antichrist named RAYPOZ (not necessarily Muslim), the war will last until 2012. http://www.amazon.com/Nostradamus-Co.../dp/0977634108

The West will be at war against Iran , but after this next war !
After that 2052, the world will embark upon a great peace which will last 141 years

Regarding Terrorist attacks aganst neutral countries :- look at all the bombs planted by Muslim terrorists on trains in Germany and recent bombs in Canada. NZ may think that it will be safer but of course it will not be, terrorists just do not think, "ooh NZ has respected international law and furthered progress of the Caliphate, we will not attack them"

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Jul 2nd 2007 at 7:08 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:17 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
He predicted a new terrible war between October 2007 and May 2009 against a Third Antichrist named RAYPOZ (not necessarily Muslim), the war will last until 2012. http://www.amazon.com/Nostradamus-Co.../dp/0977634108

The West will be at war against Iran , but after this next war !
After that 2052, the world will embark upon a great peace which will last 141 years

Regarding Terrorist attacks aganst neutral countries :- look at all the bombs planted by Muslim terrorists on trains in Germany and recent bombs in Canada. NZ may think that it will be safer but of course it will not be, terrorists just do not think, "ooh NZ has respected international law and furthered progress of the Caliphate, we will not attack them"
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
this is the point I was making and thank you for explaining it so well. Certain people decided to read my post as being that NZ was under attack also but I clearly said that no country is safe.

Can I ask, why is it that a certain number of you try and second guess what I am saying. If I say black, someone will come up and argue that I actually said white and that I offended someone.

I have a really good suggestion for you, those that find my postings 'scary' or scaring people away, PUT ME ON IGNORE. It is sooooo simple.

Hmmm..... but then who would be attacked then? I see Avid had his fair share recently.

Oh and thanks to those of you that pmed me or sent me karma as support on the 'other' issue.....you should not be scared to speak up though. I am not. No one will witch hunt me away.

some Karma coming to you Brussels
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

"Hmmm..... but then who would be attacked then? I see Avid had his fair share recently. "

Avid gives it - but he can also take it.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

justinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to all

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel slightly insulted by the poor quality of the recent attempts?

On the one hand, I'm completely relieved about the lack of casualties, but I can't help but feel if we were regarded as at all important in the terrorists' scheme of things, they'd field their 1st XV against us instead of the jihad-special-needs clowns involved at Glasgow and London.

A carload of gas cannisters, petrol, sparking it and still not managing to get a bang? Kids of 12, in most of the UKs inner cities, improve on that almost every night of the year.

Personally I could'nt live with myself if I was killed by terrorists as stupid as those...

from www.arrse.co.uk

Last edited by justinthyme; Jul 2nd 2007 at 9:32 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:38 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lexylou
Hmmm..... but then who would be attacked then? I see Avid had his fair share recently.
It's ok, there's going to be 141 years of peace in 2052. Which is obviously when I stop posting.

I've been told to be careful at night and watch my back when I leave the house etc etc (not on this forum, by the way) so I think I can handle a few :curse::curse::curse: icons!!

There's a term called 'violent student syndrome' , which refers to young men who adopt political causes just for the aggro. I still think a lot of what we are seeing post 9-11 is just a nasty version of this, not really some world-wide conspiracy or war.

These young lads just need a few beers and a.......hug.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:53 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

The current terrorists are more frightening because they aren't white.

Is everybody on this forum under 30? In the 1970's there were bombs going off all over Europe. The IRA, Baader Meinhoff, Red Army Faction, Angry Brigade, ETA and on and on. The Post Office Tower in London would have been the first '9-11' if the bomb had been a bit bigger!

These bombs actually went off and killed people, but it wasn't treated in the papers like World War Three was about to start.

True, the aims of today's terrorists may be a lot bigger than the ones in the 1970's but they seem like total amateurs compared to the olden days. Though it does seem people are more easily scared nowadays.
also, the IRA and ETA did tend to give some form of warning (certainly in the 70s) and they were trying to make political points and force political change. These islamist loons are trying to destroy the political system and our civilisation without any respect for human life - how can someone who places so low a value on their own life and the wishes of their family consider the lives of "infidels" and other "believers"? Pity they all dont end up in Reservoir Dogs-style "own goals".....
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

It's ok, there's going to be 141 years of peace in 2052. Which is obviously when I stop posting.

I've been told to be careful at night and watch my back when I leave the house etc etc (not on this forum, by the way) so I think I can handle a few :curse::curse::curse: icons!!

There's a term called 'violent student syndrome' , which refers to young men who adopt political causes just for the aggro. I still think a lot of what we are seeing post 9-11 is just a nasty version of this, not really some world-wide conspiracy or war.

Well we have a few years left then to enjoy your posts.
And since you dont mind the curse icons, I thought I would throw a few in for effect. :curse::curse::curse::curse:
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:23 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

When has the world NOT been at war? This is part of life...
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
When has the world NOT been at war? This is part of life...
but not in NZ. NZ is unlike any other country. Safe from all harm.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by justinthyme
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel slightly insulted by the poor quality of the recent attempts?
Yes, i agree it was more like a "Carry On up your Jihad" sort of terror attempt.
If it was not such a serious event, a suicide bomber who accidentally sets himself alight crying "Allah Allah" could be quite funny in a black sort of humour - way.
But seriously, if you think about it, these are terrorists who planned to kill innocent passengers going on their annual holiday to Spain, Greece etc, their aims are pathetic and misplaced.

Maybe Enoch will be proved right ?

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22001564-2,00.html Australia and NZ may be next

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Jul 2nd 2007 at 11:14 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lexylou
but not in NZ. NZ is unlike any other country. Safe from all harm.
It appears that you're the only one that has said that.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Boopy
It appears that you're the only one that has said that.
hmmm.....back to that reading thing again..... it is quite basic really.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.