Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Getting Very Depressed Now

Getting Very Depressed Now

Old May 20th 2008, 5:50 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Getting Very Depressed Now

Just cant seem to sell the house, its the only thing that is stopping us from coming to NZ. We just dont have enough funds to be able to make the move and to try and sell from over there. Its so bloomin frustrating :curse:
Old May 20th 2008, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Bonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Getting Very Depressed Now

Originally Posted by wimpy
Just cant seem to sell the house, its the only thing that is stopping us from coming to NZ. We just dont have enough funds to be able to make the move and to try and sell from over there. Its so bloomin frustrating :curse:
Know what you mean, we've had ours up for sale since the end of March. We've had 16 viewings mainly from window shoppers (can't sell their properties either), one really silly offer which we couldn't afford to take. Our estate agent is losing interest by the day, and just keeps telling us 'it's the market'. Just got to hope for the best I guess and try to stay positive. Good luck!!
Old May 20th 2008, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

I know exactly how you feel so I am sending my sympathy!
Our house was on the market for a whole year...hardly any viewings & no offers at all!! We even dropped the price by £15000 altogether...this made no difference at all!! There's nothing wrong with the house..it was fairly priced too.
Last week, we thought 'sod it!!' we took it off the market as we didn't want to end up accepting a ridiculously low price for it....rather than getting what the house is actually worth!
We are now going to keep the house & rent it out through a letting agent who will manage it for us when we eventually get to NZ....the rent we receive will more than cover the cost of the mortgage! Then in a few years when the prices rise again we can (hopefully) sell for a profit!
We were unsure as to whether we could afford to move doing it this way & we think we shall be releasing some funds from the equity in this house...that should get us there at least!!

Good luck with whatever you decide

Last edited by iwannagonow; May 20th 2008 at 6:54 pm.
Old May 20th 2008, 7:29 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

We got out at the right time then, by the looks of it, sold ours in Poole in 05 landed here in NZ 3 years to the day.

Its the same for selling in NZ, houses are taking ages to sale, and are dropping in price like a stone, its a buyers market at mo, lots of job losses going on to, petrol sky high, food rediculous prices, iy seems the same all over the world, i recon UK is in reccession but they wont admit it.

Buy hey keep on with it, its a long and hard road, but there is a light at the end of it, we had to sale the place in Poole to finance the move here to, we lost 16k in Poole back in the late 80s in negitive equity, so been there and done that, eventualy got some equity in another bungalow and used it to get here, now we have no mortgage.

Good luck with the sale.
Old May 20th 2008, 11:16 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I've heard that the housing market in the UK is very depressed right now. It's slow here in NZ also .

You have my sympathy. I do wonder if the house selling thing isn't the most stressful part of emigrating.

Not that it helps any, but have some karma. I hope , with the UK summer on the way, that you all have better luck and sell those houses soon.
Old May 20th 2008, 11:31 pm
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Funniest profile award definitely goes to you! Thanks for making me laugh out loud! Can't offer any words of wisdom (which is unusual for me!) just wanted to wish you all the best. This waiting around might prove a great time to indulge in tea, cadburys, weetabix, coronation street and eastenders! Get as much as you can!