Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Best Cities In the World...

Best Cities In the World...

Old May 19th 2008, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light
Default Best Cities In the World...

This might be an old news for some, but it might be useful to some as they are deciding where to move/live.

http://www.citymayors.com/features/quality_survey.html

# 5 Auckland
#12 Wellington

Go NZ!
Old May 19th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Cities In the World...

Originally Posted by Want2Move
This might be an old news for some, but it might be useful to some as they are deciding where to move/live.

http://www.citymayors.com/features/quality_survey.html

# 5 Auckland
#12 Wellington

Go NZ!
Sure they have got those the wrong way round

UK doesn't do very well on that list does it???
Old May 20th 2008, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

Those lists can also equate to the most boring cities on earth though. Order, public transport, safety, cheese etc often means an unchallenged society where innovation doesn't flourish.

To highlight my point, look at Vienna.

In fin de siecle Vienna, innovative art and design abounded, exerting a European wide influence.

Whereas now, as it sits comfortably in the top five, look at their major contributions to popular culture...

Opus, Life is life' and

Falco, 'Rock me Amadeus'

Actually, I take it all back. I quite liked Life is Life
On reflection I can see the seminal influence they really had.

My head hurts now
Old May 20th 2008, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Well I like Amsterdam. You can smoke and eat pancakes all day and the brothels are great.
Old May 20th 2008, 9:40 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

But Amsterdam has canals. Personally i think they are great. But canals with stoned tourists riding bikes (something they probably hadn't done since they were 8 years old...if ever)???

That is never a good thing...
Old May 20th 2008, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

In light of several cases of crazy Danish, British and other tourists losing the plot whilst off their nuts resulting in variously, a car being ploughed through a busy camp site, a tourist jumping off a balcony and several cases of hippies in canals,
Amsterdam is now looking at implementing a cooling off period for magic mushroom purchasers - allowing them to refrain from 'impulse' buys and giving out literature explaining the possible side effects and safe use of drugs. They then need to come back a couple of days later and still decide if they want their minds bending
By which time I guess most Brits on stag do's will have already lost the plot in other ways, or gone home!
Old May 20th 2008, 11:54 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeys
In light of several cases of crazy Danish, British and other tourists losing the plot whilst off their nuts resulting in variously, a car being ploughed through a busy camp site, a tourist jumping off a balcony and several cases of hippies in canals,
Amsterdam is now looking at implementing a cooling off period for magic mushroom purchasers - allowing them to refrain from 'impulse' buys and giving out literature explaining the possible side effects and safe use of drugs. They then need to come back a couple of days later and still decide if they want their minds bending
By which time I guess most Brits on stag do's will have already lost the plot in other ways, or gone home!
Or else they take it on the last day and it is a very interesting flight back to Stansted that evening.