Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Getting the timing right, moving , medicals etc? Confussed really tbh,

Getting the timing right, moving , medicals etc? Confussed really tbh,

Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Getting the timing right, moving , medicals etc? Confussed really tbh,

Ok guys, Do i apply for our families visa's then put the house up for sale? Im i limited to a time once ive got the visa sorted before i can go out to NZ? because as you know selling a house has no fixed date. I know medicals only last for three months right. Do i have to go to NZ before the medicals expire or is this period just an application requirement for the visa's? How did you guys do yours?. What do you advise?.

Thanks for your time.
Gary
Old Nov 14th 2007, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Getting the timing right, moving , medicals etc? Confussed really tbh,

Put your house on the market. As things stand, things aren't selling, and they certainly won't sell if they're not on the market.

I think the 3 month time limit on medicals is only to do with the timing of visa application.

Good luck
Alison
Old Nov 14th 2007, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice
Default Re: Getting the timing right, moving , medicals etc? Confussed really tbh,

I agree with Alison. The housing market seems so slow at the moment. Our house has been on 7 weeks and we have had 2 viewings but no offers. Our ITA is in and we're waiting for the decision on PR. It'll be annoying if we get a yes from NZ immigration in the next few months and can't go for ages because of the house not selling, but it's possible I suppose.

For an ITA for PR, the medicals should be no more than 3 months old when you send your visa application in. Police certificates should be no more than 6months old. I assume it's the same for a families visa but I'm sure someone will be able to confirm that.

Emma
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:40 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

What visas are you applying for? 12 months, 2 year, 30 month? or are you putting in your EOI for prospective PR?

I ask because if you put in for your visas now and get them and they're only valid for 12 months, you could spend a lot of that time still in the UK waiting to sell up!

Medicals are valid for 3 months. Police checks valid for 6 months. Both must be valid at the time of application, so if you are coming out on visas and then apply for PR once here you will need to get your medicals and police checks re-done (and pay again) as they probably won't still be valid.

If you have enough points / job offer I would recommend putting your house on the market now, and submitting your EOI. If selected from the pool, get medicals and police checks done to submit with your ITA. If granted PR you will only have paid once and will not be so limited on time to come out and as this process can take some months you may hopefully have sold your house by then and can come out as permanent residents.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
What visas are you applying for? 12 months, 2 year, 30 month? or are you putting in your EOI for prospective PR?

If you have enough points / job offer I would recommend putting your house on the market now, and submitting your EOI. If selected from the pool, get medicals and police checks done to submit with your ITA. If granted PR you will only have paid once and will not be so limited on time to come out and as this process can take some months you may hopefully have sold your house by then and can come out as permanent residents.
I will apply for a wtr visa on a job offer basis. What i think i wil do is what you have suggested. If need be the otherhalf will stay behind to deal with the house. She is ok with that.
Thanks all for your help, things get a bit confussing as im sure you'l know.

Old Nov 16th 2007, 7:07 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wessa
I will apply for a wtr visa on a job offer basis. What i think i wil do is what you have suggested. If need be the otherhalf will stay behind to deal with the house. She is ok with that.
Thanks all for your help, things get a bit confussing as im sure you'l know.

I've heard, but can't confirm, that medicals are cheaper to do in NZ once you're here. Apply for the police cert about 6 weeks before you intend to leave the UK. Maybe 7 weeks...

Sorry I'm just assuming you're going to come over as a visitor then apply from here, right?
Old Nov 18th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz
Sorry I'm just assuming you're going to come over as a visitor then apply from here, right?
Maz, no, i'l be applying for a wtr visa on a job offer basis. Im going to go out to NZ in Feb for two weeks to look for and secure a job, then get home, and sort the paper work out. I'l probably go out first then the family will follow as soon as the house is sold.
Well, thats the plan anyway. Seems a long way off.