Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Get out as soon as you can!

Get out as soon as you can!

Old Jul 4th 2008, 1:29 pm
Chocoholic

Yummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to all
Default Re: Get out as soon as you can!

Originally Posted by howden40
I for one don't need a reason to feel good about leaving the UK and I certinetly wouldn't look upon my Mother countries state with glee, but deepening sadness.

The UK Government is racially prejudice - prejudice against the white british, being white in the UK gives you less rights and privileges than any other race in the UK. We should be entitled to the same.

I found out I was being paid less than everyone else at my level so I rang ACAS for advice. Was told that their was nothing I could do about it as I was white. If I was not white I could take the company to court. Even if I was the only White person working and all other employees of my level were non-british/ or non-white I would still have no case. What does that tell you.

And I supposidly have more rights than a white male.

Pauline

Very valid point Pauline.

Many white people are losing their jobs now to people from other backgrounds. And I agree... WHY is it they cant treat us all the same?? Preferential treatment I think!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 1:36 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

How on earth are all you xenophobes 'escaping' the UK going to cope with all the Chinese and Asians in New Zealand?
Old Jul 4th 2008, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
How on earth are all you xenophobes 'escaping' the UK going to cope with all the Chinese and Asians in New Zealand?
Another thing how much is it costing or has cost you people to get to NZ? Do the same rules apply for Chinese & Asians? It appears anyone can get into the UK for free no questions asked.

June
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:00 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
It appears anyone can get into the UK for free no questions asked.
wrong
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:03 pm
Chocoholic

Yummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Grayling
haha

I am not "escaping" the UK and am not a xenophobe! I work with a varitey of people from many ethnic backgrounds. I do not have a problem with any person, whether Chinese, Asian, european etc.. In fact many of them are very nice people and we get on very well.

What gets me is that the UK Government treat them differently to the UK White people. They are slowly gaining more rights than us, which is not the way it should be... If they want the UK to be multicultural then they need to install equality between all ethnic groups.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
wrong
Sorry, I only said appeared to.

June
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Heres another reason as well but I found it quite funny but true:-

"Don't you wish that you had written this?

Subject: Passport Application

Dear Minister,
I'm in the process of renewing my passport but I am a total loss to understand or believe the hoops I am being asked to jump through.

How is it that Bert Smith of T.V. Rentals Basingstoke has my address and telephone number and knows that I bought a satellite dish from them back in 1994, and yet, the Government is still asking me where I was born and on what date?

How come that nice West African immigrant chappy who comes round every Thursday night with his DVD rentals van can tell me every film or video I have had out since he started his business up eleven years ago, yet you still want me to remind you of my last three jobs, two of which were with contractors working for the government?

How come the T.V. detector van can tell if my T.V. is on, what channel I am watching and whether I have paid my license or not, and yet if I win the government run lottery they have no idea I have won or where I am and will keep the bloody money to themselves if I fail to claim in good time. 
Do you people do this by hand?

You have my birth date on numerous files you hold on me, including the one with all the income tax forms I've filed for the past 30-odd years. It's on my health insurance card, my driver's license, on the last four passports I've had, on all those stupid customs declaration forms I've had to fill out before being allowed off the planes and boats over the last 30 years, and all those insufferable census forms that are done every ten years and the electoral registration forms I have to complete, by law, every time our lords and masters are up for re-election.

Would somebody please take note, once and for all, I was born in Maidenhead on the 4th of March 1957, my mother's name is Mary, her maiden name was Reynolds, my father's name is Robert, and I'd be absolutely astounded if that ever changed between now and the day I die!

I apologize Minister. I'm obviously not myself this morning. But between you and me, I have simply had enough! You mail the application to my house, then you ask me for my address. What is going on? Do you have a gang of Neanderthals working there? Look at my damn picture. Do I look like Bin Laden? I don't want to activate the Fifth Reich for God's sake! I just want to go and park my weary backside on a sunny, sandy beach for a couple of week's well-earned rest away from all this crap.

Well, I have to go now, because I have to go to back to Salisbury and get another copy of my birth certificate because you lost the last one. AND to the tune of 60 quid! What a racket THAT is!! Would it be so complicated to have all the services in the same spot to assist in the issuance of a new passport the same day? But nooooo, that'd be too damn easy and maybe make sense. You'd rather have us running all over the place like chickens with our heads cut off, then find some tosser to confirm that it's really me on the goddamn picture - you know... the one where we're not allowed to smile in in case we look as if we are enjoying the process!
Hey, you know why we can't smile? 'Cause we're totally jacked off!

I served in the armed forces for more than 25 years including over ten years at the Ministry of Defence in London. I have had security clearances which allowed me to sit in the Cabinet Office, five seats away from the Prime Minister while he was being briefed on the first Gulf War and I have been doing volunteer work for the British Red Cross ever since I left the Services.
However, I have to get someone 'important' to verify who I am -- you know, someone like my doctor...
who, before he got his medical degree 6 months ago WAS LIVING IN PAKISTAN...

Yours sincerely,

An Irate British Citizen."

June
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Get out as soon as you can!

I'm an immigrant.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 2:59 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I'm an immigrant.
Well we all will be.. well at least the ppl who want to move to NZ!!!!

Trying to not make this sound cheeky or nasty, cos really i'm a nice person..
but.... dunno what point you were trying to make!!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Cowtipper is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys
Before I start speaking I am a British Asian so I am not a racist or any of that crap.

I do struggle with the precursor that the UK govt bends over backwards to alter our social and legal environment to accommodate every Tom, Dick and Harry regardless of colour and creed. When I finally get my act together and ship out to NZ. I will whole heartedly embraced there social structure, culture and laws. I may not agree with them but I will be a long term visitor and that is the way I feel it should be.

Now here is my overall opinion the govt are too scared to upset the various minority's in favour of the press vote yet this action also incites hatred from the predominant nationality. I would like to think that all people could co-exist under one nationally excepted way of life but this is very naive of me but until that day the answer on how to fix this problem still eludes me even though I think about it most days.

I personally don't see colour. I do see attitude and social responsibility and this is the reason that I am leaving the UK. I am sick and tired of the every man for himself attitude
I go out of my way to try and make people feel comfortable and assist them in achieving there true potential. I have always gone by the mantra of "you never set your own standards by the next man's yard stick" but this attitude which I am also trying my hardest to instil in my children is sadly not followed by the populous regardless of colour. But for all I know this may not be any better in NZ but at the moment I am blissful in my ignorance that the grass may be greener on the other side.

On a parting note what religious beliefs someone has is fine with me as long as it is not thrust into my face and is practiced in there own personal space. I am personally an agnostic and I lead my life in the best way I can whilst trying to minimise any ill affects on people around me and my environment that way when the Faithful day comes and I stare the big man in the face I can edge my bets.

Regards
THE COW >:O)
Old Jul 4th 2008, 6:12 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Heres another reason as well but I found it quite funny but true:-

"Don't you wish that you had written this?

a google search reveals US, Canadian, and Australian versions of the same thing. Hard to tell which is the original.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 7:01 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by elfman
a google search reveals US, Canadian, and Australian versions of the same thing. Hard to tell which is the original.
Yes true i saw those. I'm not sure either where it originated, but they are all modified to suit each countries legislation. i.e. our TV licence!!!

Originally Posted by Cowtipper
Now here is my overall opinion the govt are too scared to upset the various minority's in favour of the press vote yet this action also incites hatred from the predominant nationality. I would like to think that all people could co-exist under one nationally excepted way of life but this is very naive of me but until that day the answer on how to fix this problem still eludes me even though I think about it most days.

I personally don't see colour. I do see attitude and social responsibility and this is the reason that I am leaving the UK. I am sick and tired of the every man for himself attitude
I go out of my way to try and make people feel comfortable and assist them in achieving there true potential. I have always gone by the mantra of "you never set your own standards by the next man's yard stick" but this attitude which I am also trying my hardest to instil in my children is sadly not followed by the populous regardless of colour. But for all I know this may not be any better in NZ but at the moment I am blissful in my ignorance that the grass may be greener on the other side. .

Cow.. just want to say... good points of view. I think this is a very good way of looking at things. I think we are all only trying to make things better for us and our families. Its just ashame that people cant live in harmony with each other!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all

Hi Guys

I do see attitude and social responsibility and this is the reason that I am leaving the UK. I am sick and tired of the every man for himself attitude

Absoulutely spot on!!!
I couldn't agree more.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:30 pm
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think it will be any different in NZ ??

We live in Dunedin and i have seen every culture and race, from South Africa to India, we have a statue of Rodert Burns in city centre, got the only Chineses garden in the Southern hemipshere, Dunedin is Celtic for Edinburgh, Christchurch was the next town to Bournemouth next to Poole where we used to live, and they have a river Avon to, Asians ( from China ) run all the fish and chip shops, there are indians running corner shops, the Goverment get slagged off and at present we have Trucks doing the protest thing on motorways around cities because of road user charges, petrol is so high people are leaving their cars at home because they cant afford the fuel, elctricity is high, they actually switch your hot water cylinder off at peak times because of high usage which leans your cylinder goes down in temp and costs you more to heat it back up, no gas central heating down here.

In South Auckland, murders, rape and all that usual stuff going on, peoeple driving away from petrol stations without paying , Racial problems, the only difference in NZ is that its on a smaller scale.

Over 200k Kiwis left for OZ because of better wages, NZ is in a Reccession, get used to it, the thing most of us coming here dont see ,because most of you coming here get high payed jobs and can afford not to be in areas where you'll never see poverty and the likes, then thats why people post all the good points about NZ and that they live in a flash newish house in an area where there are more Brits than UK, but i deal with people in low quality rentals and believe me you wouldn't want to live like some of them do, there are kids that go to school without shoes on, without a breakfast, its cheaper to eat KFC than cook at home, a bottle of Coke is cheaper than milk, so they drink crap instead, so many old cars on the road.

But Kiwis are a freindly bunch and seem to give everything a go themselves, we have met and worked with many that struggle to survive and with the economy on a slide down, who knows what the future holds for some foilk down here, lots of business are moving off shore to pay cheaper wages to Asians, Fisher and Paykel a huge employer down south who makes Dishwashers and other white goods, shut up shop to move business to Mexico and Asia, loss of 450 local peoples jobs, not long after that a meat proccessing plant shut with another loss of 300 jobs, and a Knitware company another 130 jobs and for a small town like Dunedin it will hurt the basic worker.

Sorry for the doom and gloom but reality here for some is bloody hard and when you see it for real each day, we are lucky to be in the position we are in.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:50 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by howden40
The UK Government is racially prejudice - prejudice against the white british, being white in the UK gives you less rights and privileges than any other race in the UK. We should be entitled to the same.
I just don't agree. I wonder whether the health care and education statistics back up this "common sense" thinking?

Hi Guys

So go into politics then. Surely leaving the UK because you're sick of people displaying a lack of social responsibility is the ultimate in "every man for himself". Are you leaving for socially responsible reasons?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.