Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Get out as soon as you can!

Get out as soon as you can!

Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:11 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Get out as soon as you can!

Originally Posted by paulst30
Interesting thats a long time to work for the same establishment, however i was instersted in your out of the fryingpan into the fire comments earlier. I dont mind Chinese people ( i hear there's loads), in fact thats not true, i dont mind foreign people just dislike the religion that drives them.
One of the biggest group of migrants is from the Indian sub continent.....and set to increase.

They will bring their religions with them.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:28 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

You may find this intersting

http://www.stats.govt.nz/analytical-...-residency.htm
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:58 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not posting here to cause trouble as I'm sure James knows . I think it's an interesting discussion and one that resonates very strongly with conversations I have in the UK with people including my family half of whom have left for the same reasons that people are giving here. In the UK there is this strong current of thought whereby British white people feel that their views and feelings are not valued as much as those of immigrants. I am aware of the strength of these sentiments and I agree that government needs to address this explicitly. There is however - and I speak from a position of sympathy with these sentiments - also an element of racism often attached to this. How to approach the former without encouraging latter? I admit that I find this difficult to relate to the clear dominance of white culture in the UK. That is what leads some posters here to try and refute what people say about this.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

eddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to all

i dont mind foreign people just dislike the religion that drives them.

ahh so you dislike one of the conerstones of their life

so what happens if you meet someone who dislikes Christ or santa or god forbid football???
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

paulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nice

Originally Posted by eddie_nz
ahh so you dislike one of the conerstones of their life

so what happens if you meet someone who dislikes Christ or santa or god forbid football???
Can you not read?

I said i dislike the religion that drives them, not the people themselves. How is football religous? 22 people kicking a ball about, how on earth does it have anything to do with fiction? Santa was cooked up so kids would go to bed early and do thier homework because there might be a chance he's watching every child in the whole world lol

Christ? well show me hard evidence that he exists. Tell you what i'll write a book, and call it something prolific, and talk about the sky going red every day, and water being moved by men, and how this guy used to walk on water, and hold his breath for 20 mins, and how he could levatate in the street. We'll leave that book hidden away for centruries, and then someone will find it, and talk of a godly figure who walked the earth centuries ago. People will worship this person, when all along i really just wrote a book of David Blane.

For the purposes of the comment, i dont like santa, christ or football, so i met myself wow how weird
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

eddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to all

Maybe you should think before claiming to dislike something that other people believe in and live their life by. Just because you don’t believe in it doesn’t mean that other people can’t and draws comfort from it.

Also I think your also the first person from Glasgow I’ve even who doesn’t look upon football as a religion.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:43 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

For the purposes of the comment, i dont like santa, christ or football, so i met myself wow how weird
Hey why not get them all together - Christ and the Evangelists could take on Santa and his helpers - best redeemer wins ? David Blane could become a football full of air, puffed up and slowly deflated through the impact of saintly bootees and the scuffing of reindeer hooves.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

paulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nicepaulst30 is just really nice

Maybe you should think before claiming to dislike something that other people believe in and live their life by. Just because you don’t believe in it doesn’t mean that other people can’t and draws comfort from it.

Also I think your also the first person from Glasgow I’ve even who doesn’t look upon football as a religion.
I am like many who dislike football in glasgow, because of that simple fact. Religion has no place there and why it goes hand in hand i have no idea.

Each to thier own, but dont preach it to me.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

I am like many who dislike football in glasgow, because of that simple fact. Religion has no place there and why it goes hand in hand i have no idea.

Each to thier own, but dont preach it to me.

Yet you preach that you don’t believe in Christianity and dislike Islam.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't feel that it was preaching, just that he was commenting.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Eddie, you're funny and all, i would love to stay and talk mindless junk with you, but to be honest its a no brainer - just accept that there are some people in the world who dont think the way you do, you'll get on better with people, honest it works

nah seriously, have a protien shake or something, jeezz
Old Jul 7th 2008, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Eddie, you're funny and all, i would love to stay and talk mindless junk with you, but to be honest its a no brainer - just accept that there are some people in the world who dont think the way you do, you'll get on better with people, honest it works

nah seriously, have a protien shake or something, jeezz
I get on with people fine thanks

However it does seem that you may have an issue, but I’m heartened to hear that you and I quote: - ’Don’t mind Chinese people’.

As for the protein shakes are you one of those body building types who pumps up their physique to make up for other missing attributes.

But thanks anyway I’ll have a tea.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 3:16 pm
down under where

nah seriously, have a protien shake or something, jizz
what is he suggesting
Old Jul 7th 2008, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

I get on with people fine thanks

However it does seem that you may have an issue, but I’m heartened to hear that you and I quote: - ’Don’t mind Chinese people’.

As for the protein shakes are you one of those body building types who pumps up their physique to make up for other missing attributes.

But thanks anyway I’ll have a tea.
lol no i'm hardly a body builder eddie i'm the opposite a 12 st weakling, but seriously dont take it to heart, i'm just having a laugh. People loose their sense of humour on the internet. If i had said the same thing in a pub and laughed it would be taken as a joke.

I love Chinese people, they are way beyond the rest of the world, and i totally respect thier outlook in life, tradition and discipline. Plus i want to add that white people are no angels, we bred hitler, and great conquests like the pointless war on Iraq, so for every good theres a bad.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by treskillard
what is he suggesting
ohh you sneaky person re-quoting me hahahahah but i did have a right chuckle at that indeed lol i'm as we say in glasgow, greetin my eyes out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.