Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The genius of NZ Immigration

The genius of NZ Immigration

Old Nov 8th 2012, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default The genius of NZ Immigration

Got a confirmation email today so that I can track my PR application online.

In order to access the application online I need to confirm my identity by way of a PIN they provide, my date of birth and my passport number ... err, you have my passport, would've been nice to be told that I'd need to jot down the number.

Anyone else know their passport number off the top of their head?

Old Nov 8th 2012, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: The genius of NZ Immigration

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
Got a confirmation email today so that I can track my PR application online.

In order to access the application online I need to confirm my identity by way of a PIN they provide, my date of birth and my passport number ... err, you have my passport, would've been nice to be told that I'd need to jot down the number.

yep got copy,s of mine and wife sent it off so many times
Old Nov 8th 2012, 9:02 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
No but I have it on hardcopies, Aus e-visa hardcopies and a hardcopy of the EOI...

Passport 101 is to keep a copy of your passport at all times, else if it is lost/damaged/stolen how will you demonstrate you ever had one???

Guess you never registered to view your EOI online? I guess the process is also designed around most people registering at the EOI stage when there is no requirement to send your passport anywhere....
Old Nov 8th 2012, 9:11 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, I emailed myself my passport number, in case I ever lost it.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Bah!!

EDIT - Just asked around the office, seems that my idiocy is shared by most UK passport holders residing in the UK, with the view being "if I lose my passport a copy isn't going to help me much, I'll still need a new one."

On the other hand, it makes sense that you lot have a copy, given you're not in the UK. If your passport is lost you're pretty screwed - not to mention missing blueys, etc.

Anyway, lesson learned, glad I mentioned it.

That said, I did a rough copy of my application, it's at home so I will be able to find it on there, which is a relief.

Last edited by TommyLuck; Nov 8th 2012 at 10:10 am.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 10:06 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, took a year out last year and wrote the number down so many times when checking into hotels. It's permanently imprinted now!
Old Nov 8th 2012, 6:28 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

hope you found it.
We did the EOI on line so no need to use it to log on also we didn't send it off with all the other paperwork and when the time came to get the blueys we had already moved over to NZ and just popped into the local Immigration Office (paperwork from UK had been transferred over) dropped them off and collected a few days later.
When it came to submitting the ITA, because you have to supply photo copies of everything, we copied them onto Dropbox so we could access and printout again anywhere if needed.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

yep got scans of all the important pages on my hard drive and in email.