British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   The genius of NZ Immigration (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/genius-nz-immigration-776979/)

TommyLuck Nov 8th 2012 8:50 am

The genius of NZ Immigration

Got a confirmation email today so that I can track my PR application online.

In order to access the application online I need to confirm my identity by way of a PIN they provide, my date of birth and my passport number ... err, you have my passport, would've been nice to be told that I'd need to jot down the number.

Anyone else know their passport number off the top of their head?

:confused:

concretepump Nov 8th 2012 9:02 am

Re: The genius of NZ Immigration

Originally Posted by TommyLuck (Post 10372248)
Got a confirmation email today so that I can track my PR application online.

In order to access the application online I need to confirm my identity by way of a PIN they provide, my date of birth and my passport number ... err, you have my passport, would've been nice to be told that I'd need to jot down the number.

:confused:

yep got copy,s of mine and wife sent it off so many times:thumbsup:

simonsi Nov 8th 2012 9:02 am

Originally Posted by TommyLuck (Post 10372248)

No but I have it on hardcopies, Aus e-visa hardcopies and a hardcopy of the EOI...

Passport 101 is to keep a copy of your passport at all times, else if it is lost/damaged/stolen how will you demonstrate you ever had one???

Guess you never registered to view your EOI online? I guess the process is also designed around most people registering at the EOI stage when there is no requirement to send your passport anywhere....

Catchafire Nov 8th 2012 9:11 am

Yup, I emailed myself my passport number, in case I ever lost it.

TommyLuck Nov 8th 2012 9:14 am

Bah!!

EDIT - Just asked around the office, seems that my idiocy is shared by most UK passport holders residing in the UK, with the view being "if I lose my passport a copy isn't going to help me much, I'll still need a new one."

On the other hand, it makes sense that you lot have a copy, given you're not in the UK. If your passport is lost you're pretty screwed - not to mention missing blueys, etc.

Anyway, lesson learned, glad I mentioned it.

That said, I did a rough copy of my application, it's at home so I will be able to find it on there, which is a relief.

Pom_Chch Nov 8th 2012 10:06 am

Yep, took a year out last year and wrote the number down so many times when checking into hotels. It's permanently imprinted now!

MrsFychan Nov 8th 2012 6:28 pm

hope you found it.
We did the EOI on line so no need to use it to log on also we didn't send it off with all the other paperwork and when the time came to get the blueys we had already moved over to NZ and just popped into the local Immigration Office (paperwork from UK had been transferred over) dropped them off and collected a few days later.
When it came to submitting the ITA, because you have to supply photo copies of everything, we copied them onto Dropbox so we could access and printout again anywhere if needed.

Justcol Nov 9th 2012 6:17 am

yep got scans of all the important pages on my hard drive and in email.