Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Forum get together

Forum get together

Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Forum get together

Originally Posted by kwprwn
i wouldnt worry about that as owen and I (dawn) have to be the most uncouple like as we barely talk to each other when out (or never used to in the uk) come on i have to talk to himwhen at home, do i have to be nice to him when I go out
he he, that sounds like me and my husband. Before baby came along we used to go out together loads and after several months some people didn't even know we were married! He might be able to come if we can get a babysitter as he thought he was going out this Saturday and it's not, it's next week.

I will definately try to make it though as I sometimes sit about moping that I hardly know anyone but hardly make the effort to do anything about it!

Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jude J
he he, that sounds like me and my husband. Before baby came along we used to go out together loads and after several months some people didn't even know we were married! He might be able to come if we can get a babysitter as he thought he was going out this Saturday and it's not, it's next week.

I will definately try to make it though as I sometimes sit about moping that I hardly know anyone but hardly make the effort to do anything about it!

I dont know anyone here except for owens family and work people and only been there 7 weeks, I wouldnt even know were to go to get to know people here, I dont have a social life any more...boo hoo
Old Jul 20th 2006, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

I dont know anyone here except for owens family and work people and only been there 7 weeks, I wouldnt even know were to go to get to know people here, I dont have a social life any more...boo hoo
Well saturday night will be a start! What is it like in West Auckland? We met people by just going to our local bar in Browns Bay and the friendly locals got chatting to us. There are loads of Brits here tho and the people we have become friends with are mainly Brits.
I had to met people in a social setting too as I work on my own so would be very lonely by now! What are your work group like?
Old Jul 20th 2006, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Off2NZ will become famous soon enoughOff2NZ will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sal h
All good then. will look forward to meeting you. I forgot to say we are 25 and 27 and dont be fooled by my baby face (which is prooving somewhat of a problem in the purchace of alcohol in this country), the other half has beard if that helps too.

any other takers? meeting from 7pm Saturday 22nd july Occidental Belgian Beer Bar, Vulcan lane
Hi Sal

Yes please! Hubby (Roy), myself and our (mature) 17 year old daughter (Jess) will be there as well!

Really looking forward to meeting some people and having a chat!

See you tomorrow.

Ginni
Old Jul 20th 2006, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Well saturday night will be a start! What is it like in West Auckland? We met people by just going to our local bar in Browns Bay and the friendly locals got chatting to us. There are loads of Brits here tho and the people we have become friends with are mainly Brits.
I had to met people in a social setting too as I work on my own so would be very lonely by now! What are your work group like?
we havent been out on a weekend to a bar yet, the only night out i have had is to my mother in laws to play Buzz..great eh!!!

The people I work with are very nice, but they all live in different parts of auckland so apart from a drink in work on friday after work thats about it

so quite looking forward to a night out to meet new people
Old Jul 21st 2006, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

we havent been out on a weekend to a bar yet, the only night out i have had is to my mother in laws to play Buzz..great eh!!!

The people I work with are very nice, but they all live in different parts of auckland so apart from a drink in work on friday after work thats about it

so quite looking forward to a night out to meet new people

Me too.

Anyone else going from the Shore/Browns Bay? I will probably be going alone as dont think we can get a babysitter.
Old Jul 21st 2006, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Me too.

Anyone else going from the Shore/Browns Bay? I will probably be going alone as dont think we can get a babysitter.
Hi Jude

I think Off2NZ and hubby are coming from Howick

me and my other half are coming on train from west auckland roll on that beer
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Jude

I think Off2NZ and hubby are coming from Howick

me and my other half are coming on train from west auckland roll on that beer

Is it still on for tonight? I am getting dropped off in town at 7 so wanted to check you were all still going!

Hope someome gets this message...will look for a reply in about half hour.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Off2NZ will become famous soon enoughOff2NZ will become famous soon enough

Is it still on for tonight? I am getting dropped off in town at 7 so wanted to check you were all still going!

Hi Jude

I have only just come online (6pm Sunday eve) and seen your above message - sorry. Yes, it did still go ahead and I'm sorry that none of us got back to you in time.

I am sure we will all get together again sometime soon and we'll make sure we let you know and hope you can make the next one.

G
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

aw we missed you, it did go ahead, but maybe next time, we can plan it further in advance and we wont miss you next time
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:24 am
Devonport Duffers

Bodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant future

Hi all.

Fell at the first hurdle as we didn't get to the meet.

Apologies as it seems a bit bad to try and arrange something when in the UK and then not turn up when in NZ when others have made the effort.

Hope everybody did enjoy meeting other anonymous names and putting faces and personalities to them. Our loss.

Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bodgit
Hi all.

Fell at the first hurdle as we didn't get to the meet.

Apologies as it seems a bit bad to try and arrange something when in the UK and then not turn up when in NZ when others have made the effort.

Hope everybody did enjoy meeting other anonymous names and putting faces and personalities to them. Our loss.

I'm going to tell you my sorry tale
I was keen on meeting a few new people even though I have been here 4 years so was up for the meeting. I wanted my husband to come too so I wouldn't have to turn up on my own but we couldn't get a babysitter.
He said he would drop me off in town. On the way, he said, so who are you meeting then? I had no idea of names even though people had given their names on this thread, I had forgotten them.
He then said, what time are you meeting and how will you know who they are? I said around 7 and I didn't know how I would be able to tell.
He said he was a bit concerned.
When we got to Queen Street he showed me where the pub was and said he would wait for a few minutes in-case it didn't work out.
This was about 7.20, I walked into the pub, saw a few groups sitting round, and thought, how am I gonna know??!! So after a quick look round I walked out again and went home!
So, if anyone was there and saw a tall woman walk in, look round then walk out, it was me!
That sounds really pathetic but I just imagined approaching people and saying, hello, are you off that website?!
Perhaps a bit better planning next time
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm going to tell you my sorry tale
I was keen on meeting a few new people even though I have been here 4 years so was up for the meeting. I wanted my husband to come too so I wouldn't have to turn up on my own but we couldn't get a babysitter.
He said he would drop me off in town. On the way, he said, so who are you meeting then? I had no idea of names even though people had given their names on this thread, I had forgotten them.
He then said, what time are you meeting and how will you know who they are? I said around 7 and I didn't know how I would be able to tell.
He said he was a bit concerned.
When we got to Queen Street he showed me where the pub was and said he would wait for a few minutes in-case it didn't work out.
This was about 7.20, I walked into the pub, saw a few groups sitting round, and thought, how am I gonna know??!! So after a quick look round I walked out again and went home!
So, if anyone was there and saw a tall woman walk in, look round then walk out, it was me!
That sounds really pathetic but I just imagined approaching people and saying, hello, are you off that website?!
Perhaps a bit better planning next time
next time we should get your number and then you would know we were there or not, we found people despite the fact that Sal had a Union Jack on the tabel...I MISSED THAT
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

next time we should get your number and then you would know we were there or not, we found people despite the fact that Sal had a Union Jack on the tabel...I MISSED THAT
Yeah, that was what shane said. It did occurr to me to swap numbers but by then it was a bit late. Did you all have a good time tho? How many went?
Old Jul 27th 2006, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, that was what shane said. It did occurr to me to swap numbers but by then it was a bit late. Did you all have a good time tho? How many went?
There was me (dawn) and owen, sal and hugh, and also Ginni (off2NZ), roy and their daughter Jess

it was nice to talk to other people, next time we may get more people to come and better planning so nobody gets left behind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.