Flipping Cold

Old May 15th 2006, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flipping Cold

Originally Posted by MV5555
OMG a year with no summer its just starting to get warm in the UK and im gone some said to me the other day ooooooooo your going somewhere nice and warm i said r u mad it going to br winter when i get there packing the fleeces lol........they just looked at me

Wouldn't worry, 11am in Nottingham, very rain and only 12 degrees. Your not missing much.
KAZ
Old May 15th 2006, 10:09 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
We've got two dehumidifiers and the log burner and at the weekends the house is toasty warm - not looking foward to getting home this evening when there's been no heat all day However, we got a fan thingy in the bathroom on Saturday and we've got insulation in the walls Pink batts. We were told that it was there but I'm a bit of a doubting Thomas and like to see with my own eyes. OMG - I can't imagine how cold it would be without it :scared:
It's taken all evening for our house to warm up again Batty but it has been really really cold today. Course the weather got even worse just in time for me collecting the youngest from school at 3pm Freezing cold sideways rain ... that fine sticky rain too
The school shade sails doubled as good cover from the worst of it though I discovered today
Old May 15th 2006, 11:18 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MV5555
OMG a year with no summer its just starting to get warm in the UK and im gone some said to me the other day ooooooooo your going somewhere nice and warm i said r u mad it going to br winter when i get there packing the fleeces lol........they just looked at me
You probably won't notice it so much. We didn't when we got here in June last year - thought it was loverly weather It's just when you've been used to temps in the 20s and it suddenly dips, then you feel it.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:24 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

First year we arrived I truly thought I may die of hyperthermia ... I've got a bit fatter and aclimatized a bit now though thank goodness!
Old May 15th 2006, 11:30 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
First year we arrived I truly thought I may die of hyperthermia ... I've got a bit fatter and aclimatized a bit now though thank goodness!
Our posts crossed I remember the first time I thought it was really cold was towards the end of September - our house is down a hill and walking down from the bus one evening a biting wind was hitting me straight in the face - eeeww - horrible.

Our wood is not dry enough - hubby might listen to me in future We're going to have to buy some which is a pain because we have loads but if we use it we're just wasting it really - it could give out so much more heat if it was dry.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:43 am
sky
Banned

We've been burning pallets for long enough which were free from hubbys work but they've all gone now :scared:
Old May 15th 2006, 9:30 pm
sky
Banned

Much nicer day today, very sunny and crisp outdoors
Old May 16th 2006, 10:47 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Batty
We've got two dehumidifiers and the log burner and at the weekends the house is toasty warm - not looking foward to getting home this evening when there's been no heat all day However, we got a fan thingy in the bathroom on Saturday and we've got insulation in the walls Pink batts. We were told that it was there but I'm a bit of a doubting Thomas and like to see with my own eyes. OMG - I can't imagine how cold it would be without it :scared:
Drill a hole and see if you can see any pink batts come out on the drill. We did this. It's still freezing on our lounge though.
I know there's insulatinoi in our kitchen and laundry cos we put it in but it's still like a fridge on that side of the house. Brrrrr! need a tot of brandy.
Old May 17th 2006, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Tooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sky
Sky-agree fully with the acclimatization bit--worked the opposite way with me, came here and thought the winters were "tropical"! Then over a 25yr period I think the blood gets "de- Britainised" and now the cold gets to me(albeit in England you would be on the beach digging sandcastles in your swim togs-here you are lighting fires).

Talking of which--gotta go and stoke our one. My beloved will be home shortly and her and the dog will be contesting the prime heat position!

Last edited by Tooanfrom; May 17th 2006 at 2:32 am. Reason: spelling
Old May 17th 2006, 3:39 am
sky
Banned

It's a beautiful day where I am on the South Island today
Old May 17th 2006, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Been beautiful here too in Auckland.... not a cloud in the sky all day. Was down at Omana beach this morning with littlun.... he was brave and had a paddle.... too cold for me I'm a wimp.
Old May 17th 2006, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Flipping Cold

Gosh……..what a lovely day in Auckland.

A bit taters when I got up at 7 am and the thermometer outside read 7C, that is bloody cold!

Put on a thin jumper over my not so muscular frame and went to work, even put the heaters on in the car, working over West today so by the time I got there it was sunny and hot……..simply gorgeous.

Spent the day inside with the ability to walk outside every hour or so just to enjoy the sunshine and warmth, the drive back was pleasant even though there was some sun-strike over some of the roads.

Back to my gaff and got to go all through this again tomorrow as there is a great big high over NZ.

If you ask me this is what autumn is all about, hope it continues into winter.
Old May 17th 2006, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Flipping Cold

Forgot to add I actually feel happy today, but I bet it’s short lived………
Old May 17th 2006, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Thumbs up Flipping Cold

Also forgot to add my day was nearly ruined by some moaning minnies in my class…………and they gave me crap marks…….ho hum…….you can please some of the people all of the time etc etc.
Old May 17th 2006, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Thumbs up Flipping Cold

Bugger approaching 400 posts on this shallow website, not much more to go now, thank goodness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.