Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

First step on the ladder

First step on the ladder

Old Apr 14th 2010, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of
Smile First step on the ladder

Hi

I am a UK citizen with a Kiwi husband of 16 years. We lived in New Zealand for 3 years just after we got married but have lived here in Somerset ever since with our 11 year old son. My son has mild aspergers but gets along very well in mainstream school.

Have pestered my husband to return and have finally worn him down although he can definately see the benefits for us.

Looking forward to seeking and hopefully giving some advice.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 9:24 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First step on the ladder

Originally Posted by martyc
Hi

I am a UK citizen with a Kiwi husband of 16 years. We lived in New Zealand for 3 years just after we got married but have lived here in Somerset ever since with our 11 year old son. My son has mild aspergers but gets along very well in mainstream school.

Have pestered my husband to return and have finally worn him down although he can definately see the benefits for us.

Looking forward to seeking and hopefully giving some advice.
HI & Welcome to the site

When do you hope to be going to NZ?

Dewb
Old Apr 16th 2010, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

Thankyou for your reply. I think the aspergers bit may have put some people off replying. I really hope not. We want to aim to get there in time for the start of the new school year in January. So once (if) we make a definate decision it will be all systems go.
Old Apr 16th 2010, 10:13 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome & good luck with your plans. Like yourself & Dewb I'm also married to a Kiwi, we're currently in NZ but will be back in Somerset in June.

Best wishes
B x
Old Apr 16th 2010, 11:27 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MnB
Welcome & good luck with your plans. Like yourself & Dewb I'm also married to a Kiwi, we're currently in NZ but will be back in Somerset in June.

Best wishes
B x
And I'm another one married to a Kiwi - gosh they get around! It certainly made the move more straight forward, but you will still need medicals etc. Make sure you get your child their Citizenship by Descent first and then they'll just travel in on a Kiwi passport.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 6:27 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Thankyou for your reply. I think the aspergers bit may have put some people off replying. I really hope not. We want to aim to get there in time for the start of the new school year in January. So once (if) we make a definate decision it will be all systems go.
It's Easter hols here so I expect it is more that people are busy doing stuff right at the moment TBH

Welcome to our cosy little NZ forum and have a right good post around the place.

Look forward to seeing you around the place.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Thank you,

My main problem will be finding my way around the keyboard and understanding the terminology. At the moment it is like another language.
Old Apr 17th 2010, 8:28 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you,

My main problem will be finding my way around the keyboard and understanding the terminology. At the moment it is like another language.
should have seen me at first! still not an expert but have improved no end. Once I cracked the *avatar (still no idea how I did it) felt I had arrived in tech land!

Good luck with all your plans have some karma!

Dewb
* Avatar, small picture under name (I did not have a clue what one was)
Old Apr 17th 2010, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

hi and welcome to the site. it doesn't seem that long ago when we posted "our first rung of the ladder" post! time is flying by and we have clawed our way up a few more rungs!

good luck with your plans

M&J