Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Fingers & toes crossed

Fingers & toes crossed

Old Mar 24th 2011, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fingers & toes crossed

Hi guys, hope you don't mind but I really need to get this off my chest. About to submit application with meds etc and am waiting to hear from my solicitor. She had to write to my ex for permission to take my daughter to NZ, she is nearly 14 and hasn't seen him for more than 4 years. Even birthday cards etc have long since stopped. She refused to keep seeing him as he was giving her a hard time by saying mean things about me when she was visiting. I know it is in the hands of a solicitor and and I would probably win in court but our app has to be in by early July at the latest. Just feel so shaky and sick that he has the potential to screw things up (which I'm sure he would do, just for fun) So looking forward to our new life and scared it's all going to be snatched away. Have had a look at previous threads from folk in the same boat and it's scary! Sorry for the longwinded moan.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fingers & toes crossed

Originally Posted by florabundi
Hi guys, hope you don't mind but I really need to get this off my chest. About to submit application with meds etc and am waiting to hear from my solicitor. She had to write to my ex for permission to take my daughter to NZ, she is nearly 14 and hasn't seen him for more than 4 years. Even birthday cards etc have long since stopped. She refused to keep seeing him as he was giving her a hard time by saying mean things about me when she was visiting. I know it is in the hands of a solicitor and and I would probably win in court but our app has to be in by early July at the latest. Just feel so shaky and sick that he has the potential to screw things up (which I'm sure he would do, just for fun) So looking forward to our new life and scared it's all going to be snatched away. Have had a look at previous threads from folk in the same boat and it's scary! Sorry for the longwinded moan.
Good luck
Old Mar 24th 2011, 6:48 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you have good news soon......will keep everything crossed
B x
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the good wishes..will keep you posted
Old Apr 19th 2011, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi ~ just a small update. Solicitor put the matter to court as we still have not heard from him...Once the court has served the papers to him he will have 21 days to decide whether or not he wants to argue ~ then we may have to convince the courts that we are doing the right thing. Hopefully should have an answer within 2 months and my solicitor is extremely positive about the application.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future

make sure your solicitor words the permission for Permanent Residency.....our first bash said 'full time' and we had to do another..............best of luck.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ~ just a small update. Solicitor put the matter to court as we still have not heard from him...Once the court has served the papers to him he will have 21 days to decide whether or not he wants to argue ~ then we may have to convince the courts that we are doing the right thing. Hopefully should have an answer within 2 months and my solicitor is extremely positive about the application.
Good luck x
Old Apr 20th 2011, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Have checked and the wording seems correct ~ thank you. Just waiting for the **** to hit the fan once the sherriff officers turn up at his house or work I sure hope life in NZ is going to help me forget about all this stress!
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 12:21 pm
Nottingham

josephine123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have checked and the wording seems correct ~ thank you. Just waiting for the **** to hit the fan once the sherriff officers turn up at his house or work I sure hope life in NZ is going to help me forget about all this stress!
hi

good luck and good riddance to the man. i am a social worker and the 1989 children act has a section on abandonment your sol may wish to check it out or have a chat with a childcare lawyer.

good luck
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Josephine ~ I will pass this info to my solicitor, much appreciated Flora x
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 12:47 pm
Nottingham

Thanks Josephine ~ I will pass this info to my solicitor, much appreciated Flora x
hi there,

also due to your daughter being of that age she is she's whats known in the social work world as Gillick/Frazer competent which basically means she has the capacity to make an informed decision and her father either absent or not cannot stop her.

good luck

let me know how you get on or you need a social worker to assess her to give you an independant report with her true wishes and feelings.

<snip>

jo

Last edited by BEVS; Apr 23rd 2011 at 9:31 pm. Reason: Please use the BE PM system to message. Putting up pesonal details is not a good idea on the open forum
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jo ~ thank you so much. I will pass on this info too. The solicitor did say that my daughters opinions will be taken on board at the hearing and she is very good at getting her point accross! I will keep you posted, Flora x
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 10:27 pm
Nottingham

Hi Jo ~ thank you so much. I will pass on this info too. The solicitor did say that my daughters opinions will be taken on board at the hearing and she is very good at getting her point accross! I will keep you posted, Flora x
you are very welcome.

which area are you going to in NZ?

jo
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 10:32 pm
Nottingham

hi flora

sounds like your daughter knows her own mind and certainly not come to any harm being without her lets say sperm doner in her life. sounds like you've done an incredible job girl, keep going and don't let this man win. again keep in touch and if you need ought just ask. i have been a social worker for 18 yrs and due to go to NZ in about two years times to do the same. i am self employed with my own company and therefore will be able to provide papers for the court if needed. actually, flora i spend most of my working day in court. also, let me know how your sol gets on as i can have a word with our childcare lawyers due to working for a local auth at the moment and we have very good lawyers.

take care

jo

Last edited by josephine123; Apr 22nd 2011 at 10:34 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by josephine123
hi flora

sounds like your daughter knows her own mind and certainly not come to any harm being without her lets say sperm doner in her life. sounds like you've done an incredible job girl, keep going and don't let this man win. again keep in touch and if you need ought just ask. i have been a social worker for 18 yrs and due to go to NZ in about two years times to do the same. i am self employed with my own company and therefore will be able to provide papers for the court if needed. actually, flora i spend most of my working day in court. also, let me know how your sol gets on as i can have a word with our childcare lawyers due to working for a local auth at the moment and we have very good lawyers.

take care

jo
Wish you'd been around a couple of years ago Jo!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.