Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Finally I have got a job!

Finally I have got a job!

Old Mar 18th 2006, 9:52 am
turkeytickler

Default Re: I have got no job again as the wages were too crap!

Originally Posted by SarahB
Well, that was probably the shortest vet nursing career in history! I did 3 weeks there but have realised that after paying the baby sitter and forking out for petrol there was next to nothing left for me.... I wont be looking for a daytime job again here at the moment as I cant earn enough to warrant doing it. Back to being a full time mum again for the moment.
i bet it beats chucking the nutters out of quo vardis on a friday night huh sarah? well done, congrats and all the rest !!

{{{sarah}}}

Old Mar 18th 2006, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
i bet it beats chucking the nutters out of quo vardis on a friday night huh sarah? well done, congrats and all the rest !!

{{{sarah}}}
I shouldve known better really shouldnt I? I never thought my car would use that much petrol going there and back all week.... wanna know how much I had to myself after working 4 half days and a whole day a week??? Just over 100 bucks!!

If Im honest I will have to say that another main reason I left is that some people there kept talking to me like I was a piece of s**t... it happened again and again in the 3 weeks I was there and youd have to pay me a lot more than that to make me put up with that kind of cr@p. I was never going to fit in... they werent friendly at all... they knew nothing about me or ever asked if it was all going OK... Its put me off working in Kiwi land for a while I can tell you.
Old Mar 18th 2006, 7:34 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally I have got a job!

Sorry it didn't work out Sarah, I can relate to everything you just said though. The exact same thing happened to me in two jobs and I was working for nothing too by the time I'd paid for petrol, childcare, parking etc.
I was inspired when I read you'd got a job working for a vets and was looking for something similar myself but you put me off again now lol.

Apple picking was nice and peaceful and a lot less stressful lol but the pay was shit (surprise, surprise) and it was hard on the back.
Old Mar 18th 2006, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah
really sorry it didn't work out and that you feel that you have no alternative but to be a stay at home mum - I know how excited you were about having some "you time"
i think that unless you can do the full time stuff it's always gonna be a balancing act between outgoings and income and I do think that it's much harder as a part timer to build those work relationships into something worth having.
take care
Vicki
Old Mar 18th 2006, 9:29 pm
turkeytickler

ooh i just realised you have LEFT your job not got a new one.... sorry sarah..... (had a couple last night you see)....

Old Mar 18th 2006, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

I shouldve known better really shouldnt I? I never thought my car would use that much petrol going there and back all week.... wanna know how much I had to myself after working 4 half days and a whole day a week??? Just over 100 bucks!!

If Im honest I will have to say that another main reason I left is that some people there kept talking to me like I was a piece of s**t... it happened again and again in the 3 weeks I was there and youd have to pay me a lot more than that to make me put up with that kind of cr@p. I was never going to fit in... they werent friendly at all... they knew nothing about me or ever asked if it was all going OK... Its put me off working in Kiwi land for a while I can tell you.

Sorry it didn't work out Sarah, something else will turn up for you I'm sure don't be put off by one bad experience.

If you want to have a chat or coffee sometime then PM me.

At the Beachlands club(where there doing renovations)today they have a Fishing Comp. They actually auction the fish off to raise money for charity most people around town go so if your not doing anything check it out.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

melting pot is on a distinguished road

Shame it didnt work out, you were so happy to start with too...

Oh well being at home isnt such a bad thing, something better will come along I am sure if you are keen to get back into the work place...anyway...you will have the twins soon, so will be too busy anyway...glad to hear your still trying to make a go of it anyway...take care
Melty x
Old Mar 27th 2006, 2:50 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah, sorry the job didn't work out. I know how hard it is to find part-time work that doesn't involve working evenings in a call-centre...
Best of Luck and hope you find something that suits, without having to fork out a ton of dollars on fuel.
Sue
Old Mar 27th 2006, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sue, I really have been put off for a while so I'm not looking right now. We are off for a boozy weekend to Papamoa in 2 weeks time so I thought that when we get back I can go to the local restaurants/cafes and just get a few hours somewhere for some pocket money... I wont bother trying to get another daytime job. Evenings are probably out too during the week as OH gets back so late from work.

Anyway, Melty... whats this business about having twins soon?? :scared:
Do you know something I dont?? lol
Old Mar 27th 2006, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

melting pot is on a distinguished road

Thanks Sue, I really have been put off for a while so I'm not looking right now. We are off for a boozy weekend to Papamoa in 2 weeks time so I thought that when we get back I can go to the local restaurants/cafes and just get a few hours somewhere for some pocket money... I wont bother trying to get another daytime job. Evenings are probably out too during the week as OH gets back so late from work.

Hee Hee Hee..... I will take that as no then Triplets !!!!!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Are you going to get some more pocket money from the government when the new working for families scheme kicks in?