Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Finally I have got a job!

Finally I have got a job!

Old Feb 10th 2006, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finally I have got a job!

Yep....its true!! Finally today I been offered permanent part time work!!

At the ripe old age of 38 I am going for a complete career change....after training at college as a chef and then working for the last 6 years for Thomas Cook I am going to be a Veterinary Nurse!! I never even thought I'd get an interview as I've no experience but I applied anyway.... had an interview last week.... worked one morning this week to see if I actually liked it.

I'm pleased..... I love animals (although I'm more used to horses than cats and dogs)... what a cool part time job to have!

Beers on me then!

SarahB
Old Feb 10th 2006, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all
Default Re: Finally I have got a job!

Originally Posted by SarahB
Yep....its true!! Finally today I been offered permanent part time work!!

Beers on me then!

SarahB
Congratulations, SarahB, I'll bring some crisps - and what a relief not to have to explain what crisps are!
Old Feb 10th 2006, 3:35 am
Naked and lightly greased

Dappadee is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one. I'm chuffed for you. Do you have to supply your own rubber gloves?
Old Feb 10th 2006, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

Congratulations. What a cool job, fancy a go myself!
Old Feb 10th 2006, 5:02 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you Sarah!

Right, my dog has a bit of a lump on his right shoulder blade - what can you recommend?
Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dappadee
Nice one. I'm chuffed for you. Do you have to supply your own rubber gloves?
Please take those rubber gloves off before you help yourself to the crisps!
Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:37 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Oh that's wonderful news Sarah Congratulations to you!

Thanks for the beer ... Cheers
Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

lol.... yes there are less savory parts to the job.... but Ive been mucking out stables for the last 17 years so a bit of poo doesnt bother me.... I'm just so pleased to finally get some part time work.

I have had bad cabin fever being at home with littlun (I know some folk love it but its not for me).... as I drove off to work on on tuesday morning for the trial day it felt so damn great to go off somewhere and do something for me! My DS never pined for me either and had great fun with my friends kids...it will do us both good to have some time apart from each other.

The best thing of all for me is the fact that I will have some money in my bank account that I wont have to ask my OH for.... it wont be much but its a start.

And yes I'm drinking a right now!!
Old Feb 10th 2006, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sarah
great news - when do you start - are you going to be able to wait until after your parents holiday?

Just shows you - the right thing is just around the corner - bet you're glad the whole call centre thing came to nothing

anyway -good on ya!
Vicki
Old Feb 10th 2006, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Hey Sarah
great news - when do you start - are you going to be able to wait until after your parents holiday?

Just shows you - the right thing is just around the corner - bet you're glad the whole call centre thing came to nothing

anyway -good on ya!
Vicki
Hi Vicki, thanks

I'm not sure when I start... I'm going in to see them next wednesday to sign the contract etc.

I suspect I will start the week after which is 2 days after mum and dad get here. I'm sure they wont mind too much.... its only part time and they might like some time alone with their grandson... I'll only be out for a few hours at a time. They are thrilled for me anyway, as they know I've always been interested in animals.

The pay isnt as good as call centre work but its hopefully more rewarding and more interesting.... not quite so far to travel either.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
The pay isnt as good as call centre work but its hopefully more rewarding and more interesting.... not quite so far to travel either.
Congrats Sarah,
Much better than call centre walk. I worked for Telecom NZ in a call centre for a year. I hated every minute of it. When you are only a voice on the end of the phone a lot of people can be very, very rude. And the pressure to sell products was horrible. I felt like I was in McDonalds 'do you want fries with that'. 'Ok yes I know you can't afford to pay your bill but you really do need 3 way calling, call waiting and an answer service'. It was very pushy and the staff turnover huge.
Best of luck with your lovely new job, sounds perfect for you.
KAZ
Old Feb 10th 2006, 9:48 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Sarah As Helen says, it really does sound ideal for you. Best of luck.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of

Woohoo!!!
Congratulations Sarah!
I think it's brilliant to come over here and have a complete life change!
Have some lovely karma!
Good luck and best wishes.
Love Cathy x
Old Feb 12th 2006, 11:09 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Sarah! I can't help but feel that you have found exactly the vocation that suits you. We wish you all the best and hope that you may find your Shangri-la.

Kindest Regards

Ali & Phyl
Old Mar 18th 2006, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Default I have got no job again as the wages were too crap!

Well, that was probably the shortest vet nursing career in history! I did 3 weeks there but have realised that after paying the baby sitter and forking out for petrol there was next to nothing left for me.... I wont be looking for a daytime job again here at the moment as I cant earn enough to warrant doing it. Back to being a full time mum again for the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.