Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

Old May 26th 2016, 9:18 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Fess up . Who has relit their fires this evening.

Moses where did you used to live in NZ ?

Last edited by Stormer999; May 26th 2016 at 9:47 pm.
Old May 26th 2016, 10:45 pm
Welly bound

Munchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Pretty obvious that you take shade temp + wind, but if the suns out and your sitting in the sun, you get the direct radiation
I know he doesn't like Manchester, but I can't believe it's so cold you'd need central heating on and that you don't get any summer at all
Even today it was cooler here and we currently have 21 degrees inside a detached house.

Of course it is milder in Auckland, but that it's raining all year in Manchester Last year was probably bad everywhere in the UK compared to 2014, but Manchester still only gets 3-5 days more rain than Auckland and my friends don't complain it rains non stop in Auckland.
Whatever.
Think what you like, I've lost the will to continue this pointless argument.
Old May 26th 2016, 11:35 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Munchkjn
Whatever.
Think what you like, I've lost the will to continue this pointless argument.
It's a bit like the "my dad could beat your dad up" argument you had with your mates at school, only with the weather 😃
Old May 27th 2016, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Moses where did you used to live in NZ ?
Lived outside Wellington for a while and Dunedin. Preferred Dunedin personally, but that's because I like smaller cities.
Old May 27th 2016, 8:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It's got a bit parky around the edges.

I'm not complaining as this is weeks later than usual.

So Cosy log burner tonight for a couple of hours . Then we will open doors and windows depending on need.

May seem like a waste but that is the way it works. Heat the room not the house.
Old May 27th 2016, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Central heating (sorry) kicked-in this morning in Manchester, UK in a well insulated (sorry) semi. Confirming my suspicion that an Auckland winter is not that dissimilar to a Manchester summer.
To be fair it's neither Winter in NZ nor Summer in the UK at the moment and we usually do have very similar kind of weather and temperatures in the interim periods of Spring and Autumn.

Our May weather in Auckland has been much like you might expect of May in the UK; all very mixed rainbow kind of weather where it can be raining, cold wet and windy one minute and sunny the next. NZ has had notably warmer weather this year also.
Old May 27th 2016, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
To be fair it's neither Winter in NZ nor Summer in the UK at the moment and we usually do have very similar kind of weather and temperatures in the interim periods of Spring and Autumn.

Our May weather in Auckland has been much like you might expect of May in the UK; all very mixed rainbow kind of weather where it can be raining, cold wet and windy one minute and sunny the next. NZ has had notably warmer weather this year also.
In fairness, it was a very wet 2015 for most of the UK & Ireland. Of course temps vary across the UK & New Zealand, but that you don't get any summer at all is nonsense.

No doubt that Manchester will have different weather than Plymouth which is comparable to Auckland (similar sunshine amounts, but Plymouth has less rain and is cooler). Just brought the example with 29c in the sun (that was 8pm), as I can't believe Manchester was that cold (sorry Munchkjn). I also apologise to Stormer 999 for having the thermometer in the sun. In defence, it was in the shade until 7pm.
Old May 27th 2016, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

How unusual for a group of Brits to be discussing the weather
Old May 27th 2016, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

We're definitely in summer in my neck of the UK because the Jungle Strength mosquito repellent is out and we reached the heady heights of 17C last week! Everyone ran round in t shirts in celebration. Back to the more normal, for this time of year, 7-12C this week and I had to put a fleece bunnet on over my mosquito net head gear at 9pm last night but it wasn't raining which makes it a good evening.

I've been 'darn sarf' quite a bit recently and was walking round in a sleeveless, light cotton, summer dress paddling in the sea and eating ice cream when the locals were still bundled up in jackets and long trousers. It was such a funny contrast that MrH sneaked a picture of me among a crowd of locals.

It's all relative.
Old May 27th 2016, 1:53 pm
Welly bound

Munchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond repute

In fairness, it was a very wet 2015 for most of the UK & Ireland. Of course temps vary across the UK & New Zealand, but that you don't get any summer at all is nonsense.

No doubt that Manchester will have different weather than Plymouth which is comparable to Auckland (similar sunshine amounts, but Plymouth has less rain and is cooler). Just brought the example with 29c in the sun (that was 8pm), as I can't believe Manchester was that cold (sorry Munchkjn). I also apologise to Stormer 999 for having the thermometer in the sun. In defence, it was in the shade until 7pm.
No need to apologise, you can't help it. Either I am an idiot or a liar, or you are a troll. You choose the correct answer, I know I have.

Now where's that ignore function...
Old May 27th 2016, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No need to apologise, you can't help it. Either I am an idiot or a liar, or you are a troll. You choose the correct answer, I know I have.

Now where's that ignore function...
Never said any of that, but OK. Ignore list is under my profile, then settings & options.
Old May 27th 2016, 7:49 pm

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Lived outside Wellington for a while and Dunedin. Preferred Dunedin personally, but that's because I like smaller cities.
So did you get citizenship before you left ?
Old May 27th 2016, 8:34 pm

Luckily for NZ Spain is their Antipodes and not the UK.
Old May 27th 2016, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Arrived in Zurich today to 29°C and sunny. Just wanted to p!ss you all off
Old May 27th 2016, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Arrived in Zurich today to 29°C and sunny. Just wanted to p!ss you all off

Swiss group wants sausage dogs to be petted, not eaten | Reuters
stick to the Toblerone.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.