Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Feeling very chuffed now

Feeling very chuffed now

Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:51 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feeling very chuffed now

Originally Posted by Smelly Cat
We are with them too but only been 4 days and refused to sign the full term contract had a veiwing today so will wait and see what they say.......
Ladies, ladies, ladies ... a contract is a negotiation between 2 parties!!! NEVER pay fees up front, that's not the norm here in the UK. ALWAYS negotiate the fee, whether it's a %age or flat fees. Most are %'s unless you have a larger, more expensive property then often you'll pay a flat fee that they work out for price bands of properties.

My recommendation would be to go with a National company owned by an umbrella group (like Fi says) as then you'll not only be on their web site, but on the likes of rightmove and primelocation.

It is usual to be signed up for a fixed term period, but if they have failed to get viewers round like you Michelle, just break it, what's the worst they can do? Issue you an invoice for say £100 for breaking the contract, you say they mis-represented themselves when you signed it by saying they had buyers waiting and could sell it in 6 weeks!

We're going with whichever agent will agree to our terms, we want them to advertise in advance and then go NZ stylie with an open home weekend - when we're not here!! That way I only have to tidy up and clean once!!!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
It is usual to be signed up for a fixed term period, but if they have failed to get viewers round like you Michelle, just break it, what's the worst they can do? Issue you an invoice for say £100 for breaking the contract, you say they mis-represented themselves when you signed it by saying they had buyers waiting and could sell it in 6 weeks!
They said 2-3 weeks and that they had about 30 people wanting to view my property!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and Thank-you Caroline!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:58 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
They said 2-3 weeks and that they had about 30 people wanting to view my property!
I rest my case - pull out of the "contract" and just say they lied to you! They don't like being called liars, can't think why, something to do with their reputation!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:25 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Michelle. Be tough with the next lot. My recommendation would be to offer them an 'incentive' to sell your house quickly. We offered 0.5% extra for anything over the asking price and it was sold in a week and a half and for 2k over. When they're on commission it all matters. If they're looking for 1% you could offer them, say, 1.25% if they sell it quickly but not pay that .25% until completion day when it's all signed, sealed and delivered
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Batty
Good luck Michelle. Be tough with the next lot. My recommendation would be to offer them an 'incentive' to sell your house quickly. We offered 0.5% extra for anything over the asking price and it was sold in a week and a half and for 2k over. When they're on commission it all matters. If they're looking for 1% you could offer them, say, 1.25% if they sell it quickly but not pay that .25% until completion day when it's all signed, sealed and delivered
Thanks for the tip - will speak to Carl about that later (when he gets his nose out of the DS)
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:29 pm
NZ is calling.....

Smelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really nice

Not to worry we arent paying up front and have only signed for 8 weeks to make them work otherwise we will be swapping agents..... we are lucky in the fact that we are hoping to go later on in the year as planning to move in with parent (yes i know a little mad!!!) but we will be able to save loads......
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:30 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Thanks for the tip - will speak to Carl about that later (when he gets his nose out of the DS)
Ok, I can't work it out - what's the DS?
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:31 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

How easy is it to sell your own house in the UK? I was never a homeowner until I moved to the US. We might well use this company when it comes our time to sell. Working out of the home as I do, it's no problem for me to take time out of my day to show the house. And I'd have the time to tidy up and do spot-cleaning as need be.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Espressomattic is on a distinguished road

Our has been on with your move since December...what a waste of time 4 viewings and NO offers!! Went multi agency last week and have had four viewings with the new agent and awaaiting the outcome of some negotiations tomorrow. Wouldn't mind, but I leave in 7 weeks and would rather the family come out soon after that.

Stuff and nonsense!
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Batty
Ok, I can't work it out - what's the DS?
Nintendo DS ... bit like the Gameboy but MILES better (I have one too and only reason I'm not on Mario is I'm too lazy to get out of my warm bed and go get it )
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's a bloody nuisance Maz - and see if you don't get a half decent solicitor to handle it, then you've no chance of moving the right side of 4-5 months! We chose a **** solicitor and I should have moved when I was 6 months pregnant (perfect timing I thought!) but we didn't complete until Ashley was 3 weeks old! I had a 3 wk old baby and a 7 yr old starting a new school within 4 days of completion date (we moved towns). I vowed never to move again - so I go to the extreme and migrate to the other side of the world
Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazi
Mine was no sale no fee too (in UK) - there's no way I'd pay money before a sale! Watch out when you get to NZ if you do any selling - they charge up front for marketing etc. And they charge 4% commission! (Well not if you shout at them like me! )
theres a tv prog on here in NZ at the mo (the school of home truths http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/410965/951868 )
about buying a selling houses, & one thing they said about selling was you need not pay ANY fees up front to the agent.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppets
theres a tv prog on here in NZ at the mo (the school of home truths http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/410965/951868 )
about buying a selling houses, & one thing they said about selling was you need not pay ANY fees up front to the agent.
We haven't. (Hi Popps).
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
We haven't. (Hi Popps).
hi dan
(you only pay when you sell, you don't pay an agent when you buy honey - or else i'm in for a big shock & it would explain why out agent is very helpful!!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.