Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Feeling very chuffed now

Feeling very chuffed now

Old Feb 5th 2007, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Feeling very chuffed now

I just got on phone in a pi$$ed off mood to estate agents and asked what the hell they were doing about selling my house! It's been up since October, 11 weeks they say, and we've had 5 viewings! They have had 2 houses up AFTER mine went on the market and both have sold

In my contract I have to have the sign up for 13 weeks but need to give them 2 weeks notice so if I don't hear anything from them, they're getting it!

I'm going to get another EA out asap to do an appraisal and have them on hold for my 2 weeks to run out - this should give them time to get people interested !!!! They told me their turnover on house sales in this area was 2-4 weeks .... obviously not in my case! grrrrrr

Hopefully things should start picking up a bit now and I'll be able to plan flights, accomodation and removals with most of you too!

Anyone want my service whilst I'm in a fighting mood ??? (Only to p*** takers though!)

Michelle & Carl xx
Old Feb 5th 2007, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feeling very chuffed now

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
I just got on phone in a pi$$ed off mood to estate agents and asked what the hell they were doing about selling my house! It's been up since October, 11 weeks they say, and we've had 5 viewings! They have had 2 houses up AFTER mine went on the market and both have sold

In my contract I have to have the sign up for 13 weeks but need to give them 2 weeks notice so if I don't hear anything from them, they're getting it!

I'm going to get another EA out asap to do an appraisal and have them on hold for my 2 weeks to run out - this should give them time to get people interested !!!! They told me their turnover on house sales in this area was 2-4 weeks .... obviously not in my case! grrrrrr

Hopefully things should start picking up a bit now and I'll be able to plan flights, accomodation and removals with most of you too!

Anyone want my service whilst I'm in a fighting mood ??? (Only to p*** takers though!)

Michelle & Carl xx
Is it a new thing to have to sign up with the estate agents for a set amount of time in the UK? When I sold my flat in London about 4.5 years ago they asked me to sign something but I just said no and they replied "Oh OK".
Old Feb 5th 2007, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Well we didn't have to stay with our last EA for a set time when we sold the last house! Must just be these idiots grrr. I've just spoken to Carl who said to do what I've said. They even said they would call straight back after chasing up one of our viewers - still waiting! Grrrrrrr
Old Feb 5th 2007, 3:03 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazi
Is it a new thing to have to sign up with the estate agents for a set amount of time in the UK? When I sold my flat in London about 4.5 years ago they asked me to sign something but I just said no and they replied "Oh OK".

We had to sign up with both of ours too for a minimum of 8 weeks. They changed the law a couple of years ago. Supposed to be tighter so we're protected I think ( where's Caroline when you need her!!!)

What about trying a private sale?? Loads cheaper & TBH if we had more time I'd do it, resent paying an EA £4,000 for doing f*** all
Old Feb 5th 2007, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
We had to sign up with both of ours too for a minimum of 8 weeks. They changed the law a couple of years ago. Supposed to be tighter so we're protected I think ( where's Caroline when you need her!!!)

What about trying a private sale?? Loads cheaper & TBH if we had more time I'd do it, resent paying an EA £4,000 for doing f*** all
4000GBP?! Blimey - did you have a big house worth a lot of money? I only paid 900GBP which was about 0.7% of the sale price - they did want to charge more, admittedly but I just said "No, no, no" until they gave in.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mine's only £1450! But it's still a lot of money to pay someone for 3 viewings and 2 view cancellations with only 1 pathetic offer out of it grrrr

I'm up in the North though, cheaper up here lol
Old Feb 5th 2007, 4:12 pm
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

I cant believe they can charge that without even selling the house, thats shit
Old Feb 5th 2007, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
I cant believe they can charge that without even selling the house, thats shit
Nooooooo, I made sure mine was a No Sale, No Fee contract! My EA don't ring me for ANYTHING ... if I want feedback after a viewing, I have to cal them !!! Stupid money for pure laziness !!!

Sarah, is yours a No Sale, No Fee too ???
Old Feb 5th 2007, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

Nooooooo, I made sure mine was a No Sale, No Fee contract! My EA don't ring me for ANYTHING ... if I want feedback after a viewing, I have to cal them !!! Stupid money for pure laziness !!!

Mine was no sale no fee too (in UK) - there's no way I'd pay money before a sale! Watch out when you get to NZ if you do any selling - they charge up front for marketing etc. And they charge 4% commission! (Well not if you shout at them like me! )
Old Feb 5th 2007, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

Mine's only £1450! But it's still a lot of money to pay someone for 3 viewings and 2 view cancellations with only 1 pathetic offer out of it grrrr

I'm up in the North though, cheaper up here lol
What percentage of your sale price is that? (If you don't mind me asking - don't feel you have to tell me , of course!)
Old Feb 5th 2007, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mazi
What percentage of your sale price is that? (If you don't mind me asking - don't feel you have to tell me , of course!)
I can't remember ... it's on my contract which I don't have a copy of! Will request one tomorrow though My percentage total falls under their minimum fee - so I pay about an extra £100 to make it up to the minimum! I'm sure it's 1.something
Old Feb 5th 2007, 6:29 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Sure is hun!! We're multi agency & depending which one sells it's between 1.75% & 2% !!!! Then there's solicitors fees on top too!!! I'm coming back as an Estate Agency Owner in my next reincarnation!!

If I think about how much the whole thing inc. getting to NZ has cost us, I could ........
Old Feb 5th 2007, 6:55 pm
NZ is calling.....

Smelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really nice

We have just gone on the market and are paying 1.75% with a no sale no fee. If i was you id be changing agents asap, you will find the big corporate's like Your Move, Miller & Stratton and Creaber are the ones that tie you in for long periods and charge a higher %, but i think you will find there is nothing they can do if you brake the contract.

We were told we were going to be tied in and refused and managed to get them down to a 8 week contract, although all the local private estate agents said they dont do and tie-in periods. The advantage we found with going with a corporate is that they advertise on a lot more websites and also they are able to print off your details in any of their branched nationwide.

Hope this helps.

Fi
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Smelly Cat
you will find the big corporate's like Your Move, are the ones that tie you in for long periods and charge a higher %, but i think you will find there is nothing they can do if you brake the contract.
Hit the nail on the head! Your Move is who we've put it up with ... we bought our first house through them and they were fantastic so we went back to them! D'oh - we know better now though.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 7:26 pm
NZ is calling.....

Smelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really niceSmelly Cat is just really nice

Hit the nail on the head! Your Move is who we've put it up with ... we bought our first house through them and they were fantastic so we went back to them! D'oh - we know better now though.
We are with them too but only been 4 days and refused to sign the full term contract had a veiwing today so will wait and see what they say.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.