Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Famous people I have met.

Famous people I have met.

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Famous people I have met.

Originally Posted by kato33
Nope, not unique because guess what?????...............I met them too.
Oh, and the Power Rangers

Man.....................this is getting spooky
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Trouble with this thread is that it shows my age and you won't have heard of some of these people
I've met :
Tony Blackburn in Aylesbury
Roger Moore opening a fete,
Val Singleton and her boyfriend DJ Alan Freeman? on a ferry to France
Jimmy Savill at Stoke Mandeville Hospital,
Frank Thornton of 'Are you being served'- he was a patient in Brompton Hosp. when I was a radio DJ.there.
Rod Stewart +Girlfriend in Harrods (I briefly worked there),
Cliff Richard - 2x in London,
Gerald Williams tennis commentator, Guildford
Leo Sayer on a plane,
Prince Andrew in Singapore,
Tony Tan Deputy PM of Singapore - often sat next to him and his wife in Church.-not famous to you guys, but he was in Singapore!
Derek Nimmo shopping in Singapore.
Brian Blessed - he started talking to me when walking our dogs,
Tom Paxton after his concerts in London 2x
A few Aussie jockeys at 2003 Melb. cup
A couple of actors from 'Neighbours' 'Stuart and Connor' . and the funny Aussie commentators at last yrs 'Toast' festive.

-our daughters w/e job is as a silver service waitress at local golf clubs and her first job was serving the ex President of R.S.A., then Bobby Davro and Kenny Lynch a couple of weeks ago.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and

Princess Anne

Roy from Corrie - he lives next door to my Aunty
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by helinuk
Trouble with this thread is that it shows my age and you won't have heard of some of these people
I've met :
Tony Blackburn in Aylesbury
Roger Moore opening a fete,
Val Singleton and her boyfriend DJ Alan Freeman? on a ferry to France
Jimmy Savill at Stoke Mandeville Hospital,
Frank Thornton of 'Are you being served'- he was a patient in Brompton Hosp. when I was a radio DJ.there.
Rod Stewart +Girlfriend in Harrods (I briefly worked there),
Cliff Richard - 2x in London,
Gerald Williams tennis commentator, Guildford
Leo Sayer on a plane,
Prince Andrew in Singapore,
Tony Tan Deputy PM of Singapore - often sat next to him and his wife in Church.-not famous to you guys, but he was in Singapore!
Derek Nimmo shopping in Singapore.
Brian Blessed - he started talking to me when walking our dogs,
Tom Paxton after his concerts in London 2x
A few Aussie jockeys at 2003 Melb. cup
A couple of actors from 'Neighbours' 'Stuart and Connor' . and the funny Aussie commentators at last yrs 'Toast' festive.

-our daughters w/e job is as a silver service waitress at local golf clubs and her first job was serving the ex President of R.S.A., then Bobby Davro and Kenny Lynch a couple of weeks ago.
Hi, Did you live or work in Aylesbury at one time? Aylesbury is where my dad and wife live!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
Hi, Did you live or work in Aylesbury at one time? Aylesbury is where my dad and wife live!
Yes I'm an Aylesbury Duck my parents and sister still live there.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by helinuk
Yes I'm an Aylesbury Duck my parents and sister still live there.
Small world! My dad lives in the Walnut Tree area and works in Aylesbury for the Fremantle Trust!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash1
OK guys, get it off your chest. Time to brag/ dish the dirt. Shout em out. I`ll start.........................following my bands of the 80`s thread....Paul Young . He was eating at the local Indian in Battle / east sussex . I bumped into him as he was coming out and said the immortal words" Hey your Paul Young"
OK-The Pope,David Beckham,Robbie Fowler,Ste Gerrard,(ok,all the Liverpool and Everton teams for 14 years),Roger Daultry,Mel C,Frankie Dettori,and multiple jockeys,Mohammed Al Fayed (knicked his passport-wasn't happy),Liz McLarnon goes out with my mate Lee Trundle (now Bristol City,and I've nutmegged him),Bob Paisley,I sang at Bill Shankly's funeral,got bladdered with my dad with Kevin Keegan,Emlyn Hughes,and all the Liverpool 77 Euro Cup winners,Damon from Brookside,and Debbie,Sammy Lee,my wife met and watched Chicago Pete Setera) with my sis alone in a hall,Jamie Redknapp actually remembered my name. John Barnes,Graeme Souness (mental), Kenny Dalglish twice. Most of this was working on Child Cancer Unit-so unavoidable really. Some was just being pissed and brash,and the Pope and Bill Shankly was cos I san for Liverpool Cathedral Choir as a young lad!!
Got a box of chocs and rosary beads off the Pope and kissed his ring-then gargled aplenty afterwards!!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:19 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I've never met anyone well-known. However, I once thought I saw Stevie Wonder driving a Bently, but then I thought, 'Hang on a second...'

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:23 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
I've never met anyone well-known. However, I once thought I saw Stevie Wonder driving a Bently, but then I thought, 'Hang on a second...'

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Managed to dig out that photo of the day I met Alice Cooper,Madonna,Mr T,DonJohnson and Boy George.................think it was 1986 ..........boy those were the days...........was working as a typist at Smash Hits .......... tee hee
Attached Thumbnails Famous people I have met.-%3D50-590-442%5B5%5D.jpg  
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by danny.f
OK-The Pope,David Beckham,Robbie Fowler,Ste Gerrard,(ok,all the Liverpool and Everton teams for 14 years),Roger Daultry,Mel C,Frankie Dettori,and multiple jockeys,Mohammed Al Fayed (knicked his passport-wasn't happy),Liz McLarnon goes out with my mate Lee Trundle (now Bristol City,and I've nutmegged him),Bob Paisley,I sang at Bill Shankly's funeral,got bladdered with my dad with Kevin Keegan,Emlyn Hughes,and all the Liverpool 77 Euro Cup winners,Damon from Brookside,and Debbie,Sammy Lee,my wife met and watched Chicago Pete Setera) with my sis alone in a hall,Jamie Redknapp actually remembered my name. John Barnes,Graeme Souness (mental), Kenny Dalglish twice. Most of this was working on Child Cancer Unit-so unavoidable really. Some was just being pissed and brash,and the Pope and Bill Shankly was cos I san for Liverpool Cathedral Choir as a young lad!!
Got a box of chocs and rosary beads off the Pope and kissed his ring-then gargled aplenty afterwards!!
Your definitely the winner..........................bet youve got a story or two to tell
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 1:44 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
Small world! My dad lives in the Walnut Tree area and works in Aylesbury for the Fremantle Trust!
Very small world, we lived in Granborough, a little village just outside of Aylesbury. Mr Freemantle (Lord Cotslowe) was a client of mine. Also Sir Lawrence Verney was a client (anyone from Bucks should know of him or his family - Florence Nightengale, Claydon House, Recorder of London, Sir Edward, etc).

Steve.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f

Well ring a ding dong
That is very, very impressive.
I think they call that a thread ender !!!!!!!

Can anyone out there possibly beat that?
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:30 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ash1
Well ring a ding dong
That is very, very impressive.
I think they call that a thread ender !!!!!!!

Can anyone out there possibly beat that?
Me, Me, Me ...

I am famous ... I am a 1d in "Who's Who ..." !

(That's a 1 daughter for me dad's entry!)
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 6:40 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Whos ya dad????????????
Saw that one from the Tops Twins who does the Hunting /fishing show dressed as a bloke in The Warehouse in Dunedin

Last edited by SirEglamore; Aug 3rd 2007 at 6:46 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.