Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Famous people I have met.

Famous people I have met.

Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Famous people I have met.

OK guys, get it off your chest. Time to brag/ dish the dirt. Shout em out. I`ll start.........................following my bands of the 80`s thread....Paul Young . He was eating at the local Indian in Battle / east sussex . I bumped into him as he was coming out and said the immortal words" Hey your Paul Young"
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:03 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Famous people I have met.

Propositioned by Timmy Mallett .

Used to go out with Terry Christian's brother (does that count?)

Also met Tony Robinson, Les Dawson, Ben Fogle, Alan Titchmarsh, Geoff Hamilton, Michael Schumacher, Hayley Westernra, Richard Madeley, Andi Peters. The latter two were up there own a**es but everyone else was great.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:24 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Have met Phil Daniels if anyone remembers him. The main guy in quadrophenia, also in Scum and the speaking voice of Blur's Park Life. Was introduced at a party and he was pissed and I was struck dumb! I am crap at meeting famous people as am completely and utterly star struck and cannot string an intelligble sentence together! So god knows what I would be like if I met someone really huge like Brad Pitt or someone like that. Would be hyperventilating most probably!

If any of you used to watch Brookside from the beginning have met David Easter. He was a dirty old sod!

My OH has met much more as he used to work in Harrods so has met Noel Gallagher who he said was actually really nice and also Nicholas Lyndhurst who was apparently a real tosser. His favourite was Chevy Chase. And Eric Bristow who invited him out for a pint.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

I've met masses of cabinet ministers through work over the years and many of the most famous motorcycle racers as well as the TV commentators such as Toby Moody etc.

Stayed at Cobblers Cove in Barbados a fair bit and met Valerie Singleton there as well as John Burton-Race the chef there who was a total tosser. Our favourite place to eat out in Barbados is 'The Cliff' and sat right next to the entire Beckham family there one night and they seemed very nice people.

I've met a few 'pop' stars in the past but can't remember who so obviously wasn't that struck by them One was the red head with masses of curly hair who fronted up a well known band in the 80's or 90's?? I remember she was completely stuck up her own ar*e and tried to order everyone around like she was royalty.

Had the misfortune to met Jenny Frost of Atomic Kitten a few years back while she was dressed very very revealingly having just come off stage from a gig in Cardiff. Ms Frost sat in my car for about 20 minutes and i have to say she's one of the most foul mouthed 'i'm famous and you need to know it' people i've met. While she's 'made it' in the showbiz world she is most definitely a worst part of the roughest estate girls.

Possibly didn't help that i was doing her for driving at about 110mph on the M4 and as a result she got disqualified from driving...

She even used the line 'don't you know who i am?'

I genuinely had no idea and neither did my colleague

When she said 'i'm in atomic kitten' i knew the band, not her but still my colleague had no idea.....

Last edited by teambwr47; Aug 1st 2007 at 5:32 am.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Slade - When I was very young I was secretary at the local cinema in Sunderland. They were there to promote their film "Slade in Flame". Jimmy was a total prat, the others were alright, Noddy was lovely, really sweet & friendly.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh! I forgot - I was making small talk with Charlie Harper the singer with UK Subs, when they came to Welly.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Rolf Harris was a guest at my parents hotel once. He came over as a lovely guy.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:00 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who has met me, can feel free to put my name down.

But seriously, TK from Shortland Street had lunch at the table next to me yesterday!

Also met:
Dawn French, Billy Connolly, Monica Lewinsky, Richard Branson, Nick Faldo, Ian Jones, Frank Bunce, Christian Cullen, Chris Cairns, and had breakfast in Bangkok with the dark haired Italian looking woman from ER!

Footballers:
Robbie Fowler, Bruce Grobbelar, Garry Lineker, Ian Rush, Kenny Dalglish, John Aldridge, Joe Fagan, Bob Paisley, George Best, Peter Beardsley, Alan Hansen, David Faircough, Phil Thompson, Mark Lawrenson, Steve Nicol, Steve McMahon, Jamie Redknapp, and a few others that are famous in their own countries!

Steve.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Anyone who has met me, can feel free to put my name down.

But seriously, TK from Shortland Street had lunch at the table next to me yesterday!

Also met:
Dawn French, Billy Connolly, Monica Lewinsky, Richard Branson, Nick Faldo, Ian Jones, Frank Bunce, Christian Cullen, Chris Cairns, and had breakfast in Bangkok with the dark haired Italian looking woman from ER!

Footballers:
Robbie Fowler, Bruce Grobbelar, Garry Lineker, Ian Rush, Kenny Dalglish, John Aldridge, Joe Fagan, Bob Paisley, George Best, Peter Beardsley, Alan Hansen, David Faircough, Phil Thompson, Mark Lawrenson, Steve Nicol, Steve McMahon, Jamie Redknapp, and a few others that are famous in their own countries!

Steve.
I`m impressed and intrigued. How come so many footballers? Stalker?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:44 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Other in the UK we had the Fuel account for the film crew for Sense and Sensibility, got to speak to Hugh Grant, Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet.

In New Zealand the Lord of the Rings cast was filming in the areas I was working ended up doing a bit of extraing and got to meet about 90% of the cast and Peter Jackson. Wont talk about the drinking binge with Shaun Bean
Filmed in the last few years were we live now was the Film Up the Creek (on TV few weeks ago) bumped into Burt Reynolds in Taupo. Took Kiefer Southerland for a ski on Ruapehu whilst he was filming River Queen, my wife was so jealous
Think saw Rowan Atkinson in the area last week which has now been confirmed by the local papers.
To be honest celebs seem to travel unnoticed in New Zealand and those I meet just treat them like anyone else.

One person thats made a lasting impression is Sir Edmund Hillery
Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:58 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Frank Bunce, Christian Cullen,
OMG Christian Cullen - I'm hyperventilating just at the thought of it. I love that man. Great player and gorgous too. And Frank too! I couldnt cope!

How did you get to meet so many people?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Staar will become famous soon enoughStaar will become famous soon enough

Have met John Thaw, Billy Ocean (really tall) Sarah Green (ok, so not sooo famous) and best of all Bono who I've actually met twice, nice guy.

Hubbie has met lots including Eamonn Andrews, Leo Sayer, Fenella Fielding and Peter Gabriel who made him a cup of tea
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I've not met many famous people. I've chatted with and had a kiss on the cheek from Jimmy Saville a few years back. He had a flat next to the hotel I was working in so used to come in and flirt with the receptionists.

Ive met some guy that used to be in Neighbours.. he played a Doctor, I think called Clive??

Ive met a couple of childrens TV presenters donkeys years ago... cant even remember their names.

I met Daniel Bedingfield at some event in Peterborough.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

maggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nicemaggiemou is just really nice

Before I became a sensible wifely mummy type, I was a bit of a wicked girl!! I've behaved impeccably badly with a very well known DJ from Radio 1 in the 1980s (too embarrassed to say which one!!) - I also "met" (!!!) the drummer from the Spin Doctors after they played Glastonbury back in the 1990s, and "met" him again later in Nottingham too (no one-night star stands for me!!! )

On a more sensible note, I have also sat on the next table to Griff Rhys-Jones at a bar in the Greek Islands, seen Nick Knowles looking scruffily gorgeous in West Quay Southampton, and cooked breakfast for one of the actresses who was in Tenko many many years ago.

Not really that impressive is it?????

M
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:39 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

I've served breakfast to Henry Cooper, a pint for the late Bernard Manning, stayed up late with Joe Pasquale & Bradley Walsh, cooked chips for Shane Ritchie and held the door open for the Drifters!!

Oh yeah I went to College with Gordon***** Ramsey ( very shy in those days )

Kev's claim to fame is that he played tennis with Ronnie Corbett

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.