Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

EOI submitted, any pointers vis-a-vis everything??!!

EOI submitted, any pointers vis-a-vis everything??!!

Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

MissMarple is a jewel in the roughMissMarple is a jewel in the roughMissMarple is a jewel in the roughMissMarple is a jewel in the rough
Default EOI submitted, any pointers vis-a-vis everything??!!

Hello everyone, Jules and Ron here! EOI submitted yesterday evening ( isn't that easier said than done!). Only 125 points and no job offer so very much fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Jules is a CIPS qualified Procurement Manager so on the Long Term Shortage List and hoping there are going to be opportunities out there. I work as a Carer for people with severe learning difficulties (NVQ3 in Social Care and promoting independence), but also have 22 years experience in Accounting (Cost Accountant, Management Accountant, etc), but only qualified by experience, so again, no idea whether there will be opportunities for me either... Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! Not sure exactly where we plan to settle as i guess work oportunities will dictate that, but having just come back from 3 weeks holiday in NZ there are plenty of places we could quite happily settle. Will keep you posted with our progress!!!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 8:53 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: EOI submitted, any pointers vis-a-vis everything??!!

Kia Ora and welcome to this little NZ forum.

I see you have found your way into the main area , so I'll just say Happy Posting.
Old Mar 16th 2010, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

hi and good luck with everything.
i'd say patience is needed from this point onwards. time goes incredibly slowly when you're just chomping on the bit for everyone and everything to get a move on!

how was your holiday? and where did you go? I (jax) have never even been to this country yet!!

matt and jax
Old Mar 16th 2010, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

MissMarple is a jewel in the roughMissMarple is a jewel in the roughMissMarple is a jewel in the roughMissMarple is a jewel in the rough

Hi and thanks for the welcome! We went over in early feb for three weeks, Auckland, Paihia (Bay of Islands), Rotorua, Tauranga (stayed with friends), Lake Taupo, Wellington, Nelson, Franz Josef, Wanaka, Queenstown, Mount Cook (well Twizel actually) and finally Christchurch. Covered 2300 miles and loved every moment. Jules lived in New Zealand for four years as a child when her family emigrated there. Fortunately they came back to the UK (otherwise i wouldn't have met Jules!). We went back for a look at where she used to live in Auckland (Pukekohe) and it was really nice to be able see where she had spent those years that she very fondly recalls.
We already had a good idea that we would be applying for residency before we went on our holiday (joint fact-finding and exploring mission), but i really wasn't prepared for just how much the place/people etc would appeal. I can feel some bit-chomping coming on! Just out of interest, where are you guys looking to settle, and what do you do for jobs?
Old Mar 16th 2010, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MissMarple
Hi and thanks for the welcome! We went over in early feb for three weeks, Auckland, Paihia (Bay of Islands), Rotorua, Tauranga (stayed with friends), Lake Taupo, Wellington, Nelson, Franz Josef, Wanaka, Queenstown, Mount Cook (well Twizel actually) and finally Christchurch. Covered 2300 miles and loved every moment. Jules lived in New Zealand for four years as a child when her family emigrated there. Fortunately they came back to the UK (otherwise i wouldn't have met Jules!). We went back for a look at where she used to live in Auckland (Pukekohe) and it was really nice to be able see where she had spent those years that she very fondly recalls.
We already had a good idea that we would be applying for residency before we went on our holiday (joint fact-finding and exploring mission), but i really wasn't prepared for just how much the place/people etc would appeal. I can feel some bit-chomping coming on! Just out of interest, where are you guys looking to settle, and what do you do for jobs?
im a nurse (practice nurse) and matt is an accountant. he's the primary applicant and has just got a great job offer which is too good to refuse so we're having to speed everything up to leave in early June.
we'll be headed to Auckland (his job is east Tanaki) and we hope to live in south auckland. better weather and closer to his job and easier access out of auckland. i'll apply for jobs when we get settled.
your holiday sounds fantastic and we'll be exploring as soon as we can.
we're just about ready to submit the ITA, as the last awaited document arrived today yey!

M&J
Old Mar 19th 2010, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

wow! looks like it's all happening for you guys. We only submitted our EOI on Sunday evening and it seems like forever has gone by already! Is your OH a qualified accountant? I'm looking at the possibility of picking up an accounting role when i get there but never did get round to sitting the exams. Good luck to both of you!!
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MissMarple
wow! looks like it's all happening for you guys. We only submitted our EOI on Sunday evening and it seems like forever has gone by already! Is your OH a qualified accountant? I'm looking at the possibility of picking up an accounting role when i get there but never did get round to sitting the exams. Good luck to both of you!!
I'm a chartered accountant and internal auditor and luckily did a degree in computer science and accounting which counted towards some points. If I had done a non accounting degree like most chartered accountants I don't think I would have qualified for them.

Good luck getting a job

Matt