Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

EOI selected- another newbie

EOI selected- another newbie

Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of
Default EOI selected- another newbie

Hi everyone

I have my qualifications verified and my registration made. Just been selected from the EOI 'pool' - on the first panel which was quite a shock.

Currently I am applying for every applicable job in the country, hoping that someone will be mad enough to take me on from the other side of the world!

I am widowed with three children, one who will be coming with me ( if i am lucky enough to get in) and the second will follow after university. the third is 25, so he has to make his own way.

I would very much like to land on the South island. My favourite climate would be a predictable one, with as little extreme heat or cold as possible.

I would be delighted to hear from any other singles on making the move all alone, or secondary teachers who can give me clues or better. If i make it in, i promise to repay your kindness in marmite, walker's cheese and onion or cadbury's - (been reading the 'what do you miss most page!!

cheers!

JAX

Last edited by mudblood21; Sep 14th 2009 at 10:22 pm. Reason: read it through and it looked silly
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:21 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: EOI selected- another newbie

Welcome to this little NZ forum.
Have fun and Happy Postings.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 8:56 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & welcome to this great site.
Good luck with the job hunting and all your plans for NZ

Dewb
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

mudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud ofmudblood21 has much to be proud of

thanks!
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:24 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mudblood21
thanks!
Hey mudblood, welcome and all the best with your future plans. You have found a great site that is so helpfull.

Tina. x
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

newnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud of

Can't help with the teaching or singledom! But am on the South Island, it's great. Was very cold in the the winter but winter only seems to last for 2 months! So far spring has been incredibly warm - but it's a bit chilly today! We live about half hour out of Christchurch in a town called Darfield. We've been here for just over 5 months. Good luck with everything.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

HHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really niceHHBoP is just really nice

Hi Mudblood

I am another newbie - been some time since I could call myself one of those!! I am flying single handed and am headed for North Island BoP. My ITA is in and am awaiting.. I have a confirmed job offer. i actually met a guy at a emigrate fair in BHam - he was a teacher an was intending to go over too. Sadly I can't offer much re job advice as I work in a different field. Have you tried approaching councils direct? I also found the NZ Careers advice site quiet useful, esp for links. A friendly lady from Wellingon even e-mailed me! My biggest problem, apart from slow NZ immigration, is proving to be selling my property over here. No money, no go - have all my extremities fully crossed!! Best of luck and I hope all goes well. Do you do salt and vinegar??
Old Sep 16th 2009, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

newnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud of

No prob with Salt and Vinegar over here - seem to love the flavour - it's the Cheese and Onion that we miss! We had trouble selling our house too - but got there eventually! Good luck.