EOI help

Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

dave n ness is an unknown quantity at this point
Question EOI help

Does anyone know if an uncle qualifies as a close family member (for 10 points on the EOI form?) My uncle has been a NZ resident for the past 40 years plus!
Any help would be appreciated thanks
Dave n Ness
Old Oct 4th 2005, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of
Default Re: EOI help

Originally Posted by dave n ness
Does anyone know if an uncle qualifies as a close family member (for 10 points on the EOI form?) My uncle has been a NZ resident for the past 40 years plus!
Any help would be appreciated thanks
Dave n Ness
Hi Dave n Ness,
I'm quoting from the 'Application for Residence Guide' here :-

.....if you are claiming points for close family in NZ. You are eligible to claim these points if :
You have an adult sibling, adult child, or parent in NZ: and
Your close family member is a NZ or Australian citizen or the holder of a current residence permit that is nor subject to requirements under s18A of the Immigration Act 1987 (??!) : and
NZ is the primary place of established residence for your close family member at the time your application is made.

Sorry, but it looks like No is the answer. Hope you have enough points anyway (currently 100)?
Mark