Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The Entertainment Book

The Entertainment Book

Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:45 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Entertainment Book

Before the family arrived here I bought a copy of “The Entertainment book” (Wellington version). It costs $55 - $12 of which goes to charity or school fund raising.

The book is stuffed full of discount vouchers and a card you can use to get one time discounts at restaurants and hotels. It covers all sorts of dining, accomodation and entertainment venues.

http://www.entertainmentbook.com.au/...rtainment_book

We’ve used it only three times so far (in about a month – and of course it’s not summer) and its already paid for itself.

On top of that it’s a great source of ideas of where to go and what to do (for example the restaurants have sample menus in the book)

In short I would recommend anybody coming to stay in a city where they offer this book to buy one!

Last edited by Wooly_Cow; Jul 30th 2009 at 10:49 pm. Reason: Added link
Old Jul 30th 2009, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Entertainment Book

Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow
Before the family arrived here I bought a copy of “The Entertainment book” (Wellington version). It costs $55 - $12 of which goes to charity or school fund raising.

The book is stuffed full of discount vouchers and a card you can use to get one time discounts at restaurants and hotels. It covers all sorts of dining, accomodation and entertainment venues.

We’ve used it only three times so far (in about a month – and of course it’s not summer) and its already paid for itself.

On top of that it’s a great source of ideas of where to go and what to do (for example the restaurants have sample menus in the book)

In short I would recommend anybody coming to stay in a city where they offer this book to buy one!

Used it in Logan Brown and got $50 of the $55 back in one go!! Am in much profit now
Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:40 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Yep I would definitely agree it's a great purchase. My mother said to me "Oh but you don't end up using most of it".

"so what" says me. It usually pays for itself within the first couple of uses. I agree, it's good to get an idea about where to go and also to 'remind' you about places.

There's a number of places not on it, but I definitely use them. Also it can be used in Australia! Which is actually where I have got some very good discounts.

In addition to the restaurants here's an example of what I have used it for:

1. Parents hotel accommodation in Brisbane. 4 1/2 star hotel for $120 per night
2. My stay in a hotel in Brisbane. Holiday Inn, $99 as well.
3. Discounted entry ($10 off approx) to Australia Zoo, Movie World and Wet n Wild
4. Discount on car rental
5. Karori sanctuary entry
6. trip to Somes Island
7. Hotel (ok, Kingsgate) in Palmerston North for $40
8. Hotel in Queenstown for $70
9. and other stuff.

I have probably saved a hell of a lot of money using it.

If anyone is still looking for a book I know that Les Mills (Taranaki Street) in Wellington still has copies.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:42 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Oh regarding booking my parents accommodation. I was a bit cunning. I registered the card under their name but asked them not to sign it. If it was a problem when they went to pay I said to sign it then.

They didn't get asked to sign anything - just to show the card.

When they got home I changed the registration to my name.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Wooly_Cow;7799546]Before the family arrived here I bought a copy of “The Entertainment book” (Wellington version). It costs $55 - $12 of which goes to charity or school fund raising.

There is one for Auckland that costs $65 and we have saved lots by using it over the past couple of years. Free coffees, meals and entries into various tourist places and free visits to a variety of activities. We also share the book with our friends so that they can use the vouchers in the areas that they live in. So lots of people benefit

The SPCA still have some books if you are looking for a book in th Auckland area
Old Aug 1st 2009, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

We have the Auckland one (our third I think). On a holiday to Gold Coast we saved about $150 between Avis car hire, Australia Zoo and a couple of other things. Easy to save the odd $10-$20 here and there on lunches etc too, locally.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 2:54 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Karma for that.

We have a couple of friends coming to visit at the beginning of next year. This book could come in very handy.